over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions about being an IFBB pro

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Once you win your IFBB pro card do you have to continue to compete as a professional to maintain that status??
Somebody was talking today about a local pro and someone else said "they are not a pro anymore because they haven't competed as a pro" when I inquired what she meant I was told that they have to compete at least every other year to maintain their pro status.

This was the first time I'd ever heard about anything like that , in a way it makes sense I guess then again if you won a pro qualifier then your a pro.

Never heard this before. Your idea sounds good but it wouldn't really make sense considering the number of pros who take time off due to injuries and other things and still come back to compete.

As far as I'm aware, as long as you pay your yearly membership dues for your pro card then you are a pro.

I don't have the answer, hopefully Big A, b-boy, Rogue, Emeric, etc can come on here and shed some light.
I understand the need to qualify for a show like the O but to me, it should be once a Professional always a Professional.

I could take 5 years off and then pay my pro card fee, get my card in the mail and compete at any show I want. How do you think Kevin Levrone came back and competed after so many years off. Once a pro always a pro unless you do something to get permanently banned from the IFBB. All you have to do is purchase your pro card that year and compete.

the amount of pro cards awarded today vs. the amount awarded 20-30 years ago in addition to the standard national level physique then being far superior than what it is today creates a pretty solid argument for the latter. not to take away your accomplishment in any way. no disrespect intended.

I could take 5 years off and then pay my pro card fee, get my card in the mail and compete at any show I want. How do you think Kevin Levrone came back and competed after so many years off. Once a pro always a pro unless you do something to get permanently banned from the IFBB. All you have to do is purchase your pro card that year and compete.
Yes, I did not pay for my seance 2004 and I can just send a check and I will be able to compete in any IFBB show.

the amount of pro cards awarded today vs. the amount awarded 20-30 years ago in addition to the standard national level physique then being far superior than what it is today creates a pretty solid argument for the latter. not to take away your accomplishment in any way. no disrespect intended.
no disrespect taken. and no disrespect to you for disagreeing.

people argue this all the time. I say, if its so easy;;;;; compete and get it. If every old man that says how good things were back in there day.. tiresome cumbersome lazy argument.

every sport has there older generation say how good they used to be and how much harder it was and how superior they were. older you get better you were. walking up hill in the rain no shoes, with shattered glass on the ground while having polio and, and and and and ----- passed that long ago. again---tiresome cumbersome lazy.

people evolve, science evolves, nutrition evolves, sport evolves. but wait not physique sports. those are getting worse.........
just stop with the silliness. aware of the differences. get a new perspective, or come out your "retirement" and beat all these junk pros that dont deserve to be a pro then. put up, be about it
its getting really fucking old: always being told being a pro today is no accomplishment at all and its so easy by all these retired pros that really know better. grow up. get happy and stop being so miserable towards people you should be supporting rather then putting down

Better measurement would be the amount of pro cards awarded to the amount of total competitors. I don't follow bodybuilding shows much at all so I'm pretty ignorant of all of this (if this were football, think of me as the person who only watches the Super Bowl). I am curious if it's really much easier today vs the 90s...

people argue this all the time. I say, if its so easy;;;;; compete and get it. If every old man that says how good things were back in there day.. tiresome cumbersome lazy argument.

every sport has there older generation say how good they used to be and how much harder it was and how superior they were. older you get better you were. walking up hill in the rain no shoes, with shattered glass on the ground while having polio and, and and and and ----- passed that long ago. again---tiresome cumbersome lazy.

people evolve, science evolves, nutrition evolves, sport evolves. but wait not physique sports. those are getting worse.........
just stop with the silliness. aware of the differences. get a new perspective, or come out your "retirement" and beat all these junk pros that dont deserve to be a pro then. put up, be about it
its getting really fucking old: always being told being a pro today is no accomplishment at all and its so easy by all these retired pros that really know better. grow up. get happy and stop being so miserable towards people you should be supporting rather then putting down
I went to high school with a guy who’s devoted his entire life to bodybuilding and competing and earning a pro card and it’s never happened for him. Top 10 or better at some high level NPC shows but it just hasn’t happened and age is catching up to him. I haven’t talked to him in years just follow his career because I know how much of himself he’s given and what that card would mean for him and his business but obviously they don’t just hand those things out to just anyone.

I think anymore it's a risk vs reward type of deal for competitors.

What I mean by that is, there are lots of guys that could push the gear, food and training and be completely freaky in bodybuilding, but the money and the marketing is in the smaller classes like physique and classic. You still have your complete freaks up on the national level stage, but for most pursuing this sport as a means of making money, it just doesn't make sense anymore to look like a bodybuilder.

Besides the money making and marketing aspect, there are a LOT more pro cards being handed out in the other divisions, so relatively speaking to how it used to be, it's "easier" to be an IFBB pro these days. A pro card for bodybuilding is still a difficult task as there are far fewer cards being awarded in that division, but physique and classic they are handing out cards to the top 2 (or at least they were) in every national and jr national level show.

Can you post a pic of you in shape ?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner