over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 220lbs. At 6% Looks Like According To Dexa

Great work. I've also had Dexa performed and will upload mine towards the end of my cut, because I did mine right before the cut and end of my bulk @ 249 lbs of 26% body fat LMAO. Do you go and get the Dexas fasting first thing in am? I might've missed it but what's your height, if I recall from another thread you're 6'2 ?

Also, did you bother to count calories on the weekend when you would carb up? Also when you went for the lowest calorie day of 1020 on May 12th was that for all 5 days and than two days of carbing up ?

I've never done them fasted in the morning, I usually go between 12-3PM and 2 hours after eating. I'm 6'.

I don't count calories or macros on the weekends. I make sure to get enough protein and fill the rest with an appropriate amount of carbs and whatever I want.

The 1,020 wasn't for 5 days straight. I did 1,137; 1,126; 1,439 the rest of the week, then 2 days of carbing up.

What do mean by scheduling more moderate work in the future?

care to elaborate on the blasts you did?

Congrats once again daniel !

You look great and shredded to the bone , nice proportions too

You should be very proud of yourself

This is oldscholl dieting , this is how is done

I have gone many times to 1000 cals for prep and achieved my best condition

This is how it used to be done in the late 80s before the slin mega eating trend

Respect brother you walk the walk

What do mean by scheduling more moderate work in the future?

I'm the type that just loves to train - take away competitions, girls, attention, etc., I'd still go just as hard. Very few things make me feel as alive as getting under extremely heavy weight, music blaring, and taking that set to the limit.

By moving heavy weight I mean offseason numbers of benching 405 for 10, Hack squatting 630 for 10, rack deadlifting 495 for 10. And when dieting, take those numbers down by 50-100lbs.

My Bowflex has given me real appreciation for Lee Haney's 'stimulate, don't annihilate' saying. It showed me I can easily maintain my physique with less stressful training - less local and systemic fatigue, less strain on joints, etc.

Going forward, I'm going to be more mindful of that and incorporate moderate work a bit more into my usual training. I feel it's beneficial to my physique, recovery, joints, and longevity with training.

You said you've gained 20lb of lbm in a year? Congrats bro. Just curious. What types of doses do you cruise and what type do you blast? Assume cruising rn since Corona? Also damn that's a crazy low amount of calories

care to elaborate on the blasts you did?

This is the one post I'll make on this topic. I very rarely discuss this stuff here because so many feel it's their job to police others.

I've normally cruised at 150mg / week testosterone enanthate, but this year I did 300mg. With having my most productive year ever and pushing my weight to its highest ever, I wanted to make sure I maintained as much as possible, and it clearly worked. I only have a few more years of going hard at this so I'm maximizing that time.

Not cruising right now. I was already dieting before gyms shut down so I stuck with my plan given I could keep training well at home.

Rebounding from my diet last year, I slowly increased testosterone while swapping out other compounds every so often:
  • Boldenone cypionate and primo enanthate
  • Trestolone acetate and primo enanthate
  • Nandrolone phenylpropionte and nandrolone decanoate
The above period covers end of May through end of August. Then it was just testosterone in the fall, then maintenance from November into February.

I used insulin as my carbs increased and I use GH year-round.

I respond very well to insulin and it was a main factor in pushing from a previous offseason high of 241lbs. to 259lbs. this last year.

I'm the type that just loves to train - take away competitions, girls, attention, etc., I'd still go just as hard. Very few things make me feel as alive as getting under extremely heavy weight, music blaring, and taking that set to the limit.

By moving heavy weight I mean offseason numbers of benching 405 for 10, Hack squatting 630 for 10, rack deadlifting 495 for 10. And when dieting, take those numbers down by 50-100lbs.

My Bowflex has given me real appreciation for Lee Haney's 'stimulate, don't annihilate' saying. It showed me I can easily maintain my physique with less stressful training - less local and systemic fatigue, less strain on joints, etc.

Going forward, I'm going to be more mindful of that and incorporate moderate work a bit more into my usual training. I feel it's beneficial to my physique, recovery, joints, and longevity with training.
There really is strong science behind periodization. The hard thing is figuring out how long each phase will be. You can go by what others recommend, but listening to your body and adapting is the way to go. I never figured it out. I have a feeling you are going to grow even more now that you have started doing this. Sometimes you can grow more by doing less, its counterintuitive but true.

I've seen you continue to pack on muscle year after year.

You look great. You have a fullness to your quads that's pretty remarkable at a low bf, most people have theirs flatten out like pancakes. Yours look like balloons.

My quads stay pretty lean and vascular all year, but getting down to 6% brought separation I've never had before.

The pic in my first post was pumped (as pumped as I can be on 5 days of no carbs) but below was taken 8 days ago, first thing in the morning, fully depleted.

legs051520.jpg

I have long legs and they were a weak point early on. They've really exploded the last few years and I credit that with:
  • Constantly striving to improve mind-muscle connection
  • Giving up back squats and front squats - I feel these are poor exercises for guys with long legs purely concerned with hypertrophy, Hack squats work much better for me
  • As Dante Trudel recommends, doing abductors and adductors twice a week to start my leg workouts
And really just training them AS INTENSELY AS POSSIBLE. After a quads workout, I'm left with the rattled feeling of having been in a car wreck all day. Legs are the biggest muscle group on the body, you need to really pound them if you want them to blow up.

Were you just doing this as an experiment to see how low you could go or did you plan on competing and the show got postponed?

Also any tips on keeping energy up while on such low calories? I'm towards the end of my cut and am on my 4th day of 1,500 calories and feel like a zombie, especially in the mornings / afternoons. You taking ephedrine, clen or anything like that?

Were you just doing this as an experiment to see how low you could go or did you plan on competing and the show got postponed?

Also any tips on keeping energy up while on such low calories? I'm towards the end of my cut and am on my 4th day of 1,500 calories and feel like a zombie, especially in the mornings / afternoons. You taking ephedrine, clen or anything like that?

No, this caloric intake is normal for me in dieting. This year was the absolute lowest I've ever gone, but I've always had to get to 1,200 or below to get shredded.

I've never competed in a bodybuilding show but would like to one day. Maybe this will be the year.

Energy is just going to suffer on low calories, period. I feel best in the morning and drink 3-4 cups of coffee which keeps me good through the afternoon. I do another 100-200mg caffeine before my workout. I'm the most drained at the end of the day after my workout.

I have used T3 and clen on this diet but I look at those as fat loss aids, not alertness aids.

Dude, you look fucking great.

As someone who ALSO started dieting pre-shutdown...i understand what changes and modifications you had to make.
AND I'm glad you talked about the cals.

LOTS of dudes think anything below 2500 is suicide and its not. Fouad has said that on his podcast saying that he had to get to below 2000 multiple times to get shredded shredded. It's just a reality of dieting.

Question for you as maybe i missed it. Were you doing cardio during this time?

As someone who ALSO started dieting pre-shutdown...i understand what changes and modifications you had to make.

LOTS of dudes think anything below 2500 is suicide and its not. Fouad has said that on his podcast saying that he had to get to below 2000 multiple times to get shredded shredded. It's just a reality of dieting.

Yes - cardio was walking loops around my neighborhood. We're in a hilly area so half the loop is uphill, half is downhill.

I was doing around 15-20 minutes on elliptical (my preferred cardio method) when gyms shut down. Bumped that to 25 when I started training at home and upped it over the weeks to 45 minutes every day the week of May 3. That seemed to stoke my metabolism too much and my weight started dropping faster than I wanted, so the week of May 10 I was doing 20-25 minutes or no cardio depending on how I looked each day. This week it was only about 15 minutes per day.

Awesome info man.
What's the plan now? Im in that boat where i don't see myself doing a SHOW any time soon, i just wanted (still need another month or two) to get lean lean. WITHOUT str8 killing myself.

Is the idea to lose the cardio and hold your cals there for a bit? Or vice versa?
I've always Yo-Yo'd pretty heavily...never spent much time being lean, always rebounded hard to gain muscle.

Yes - cardio was walking loops around my neighborhood. We're in a hilly area so half the loop is uphill, half is downhill.

I was doing around 15-20 minutes on elliptical (my preferred cardio method) when gyms shut down. Bumped that to 25 when I started training at home and upped it over the weeks to 45 minutes every day the week of May 3. That seemed to stoke my metabolism too much and my weight started dropping faster than I wanted, so the week of May 10 I was doing 20-25 minutes or no cardio depending on how I looked each day. This week it was only about 15 minutes per day.

My quads stay pretty lean and vascular all year, but getting down to 6% brought separation I've never had before.

The pic in my first post was pumped (as pumped as I can be on 5 days of no carbs) but below was taken 8 days ago, first thing in the morning, fully depleted.

legs051520.jpg

I have long legs and they were a weak point early on. They've really exploded the last few years and I credit that with:
  • Constantly striving to improve mind-muscle connection
  • Giving up back squats and front squats - I feel these are poor exercises for guys with long legs purely concerned with hypertrophy, Hack squats work much better for me
  • As Dante Trudel recommends, doing abductors and adductors twice a week to start my leg workouts
And really just training them AS INTENSELY AS POSSIBLE. After a quads workout, I'm left with the rattled feeling of having been in a car wreck all day. Legs are the biggest muscle group on the body, you need to really pound them if you want them to blow up.

That's the best and worst part about leg training.

If you work a job where you are standing or moving around a lot, it's hell training legs early in the morning, and proceeding to have your quads cramp the rest of the day as a result :) , and not amount of electrolytes fixes that

Awesome info man.
What's the plan now? Im in that boat where i don't see myself doing a SHOW any time soon, i just wanted (still need another month or two) to get lean lean. WITHOUT str8 killing myself.

Is the idea to lose the cardio and hold your cals there for a bit? Or vice versa?
I've always Yo-Yo'd pretty heavily...never spent much time being lean, always rebounded hard to gain muscle.

I plan to follow what I did last year since it worked so well.

For the next 3-4 weeks, I'm going to stay 0 carbs Monday - Friday with weekend carb ups, but increasing my protein a bit and adding in healthy fats. Slowly bring the calories up while letting my body readjust to real gym workouts with heavy weight.

I'm going to keep some cardio in play for now but probably nothing more than 20 minutes.

After 3-4 weeks, I'll add carbs back in during the week and up calories substantially to start my rebound.

Goal is 275lbs. this year. Last year I went from 202lbs. at my Dexa to 259lbs. at my peak, so 275lbs. should be easily doable. Part of my wants to push for even longer, possibly skipping dieting down next year, and push to get close to 300lbs. We'll see.

Might do a show depending on what's scheduled in my area. It'd be nice to have 2-3 months to rebound, stay under 9%, then diet back down into a show at the end of the year.

Chris Bumstead posted his Olympia prep diet a few weeks ago, and I think it was 1800 - <1800 calories for a LONG time

And that's a genetically gifted guy, with a decent amount of lbm

Chris Bumstead posted his Olympia prep diet a few weeks ago, and I think it was 1800 - <1800 calories for a LONG time

And that's a genetically gifted guy, with a decent amount of lbm

I think this is more common than most realize and guys like Juan Morel are the exception, not the rule.

I know MyTreeFiddy has said he gets down around 1,200; Mark Dudgale has said he goes down to 1,800; etc. Nobody except the true genetic freaks are getting shredded on 3,000 calories a day.

His calories already that low? He's like 20 weeks out

This was for last year's Olympia prep

He was behind, and his body wasn't responding well.

He posted a video with pictures explaining it. Pretty remarkable how much he changed in 3-4 weeks, and then won the title. Guy's a freak of nature

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws