over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Tyson's crazy genetics

Both of them were machines. I don't think they get the credit they deserved and are often just touted as the best of a bad bunch. Sure Tyson in his prime would destroy both but I think now it wouldn't be a good fight for him. Wladimir is only 44 so I think he would dominate Tyson. He nearly beat a primed Anthony Joshua (not that he is anything special but still) a few years ago. Vitali was the more dangerous brother and he is 48 and I am not sure if he has stayed in good shape. Both of them were always in great shape though so I would be surprised if that had changed much even after retiring. Tyson will always be dangerous but I think he would be better against someone like Shannon Briggs (48). Holyfield (57) would be a terrible match and he is too past his prime and the fire isn't there. That would end in a Tyson knockout but it would be horrible to see. Whilst I would love to watch any new Tyson fight I think they need to pick the opponent very carefully.
Lennox Lewis would be another good one.

I dont know how they would run an exhibition match, do they restrict head shots or something?

A 50 year old+ cant take head shots the way he did 10-20 years ago. the fight could be over in seconds as soon as someone connects (still lots of power in those punches)

I just dont want to see a legend get KO'd in 10 secs as it will be a bad look
Maybe wear headgear to reduce the power of the blows? Bigger gloves would work well too.

Good article here about a British pro that says he could beat Tyson and that's a good reason for him not to fight again. Perhaps a lot of us would like to remember Tyson for how he was in his prime, not now. The fighting he is going to do is just charity stuff from what this article says, so nothing too serious.

**broken link removed**

Good article here about a British pro that says he could beat Tyson and that's a good reason for him not to fight again. Perhaps a lot of us would like to remember Tyson for how he was in his prime, not now. The fighting he is going to do is just charity stuff from what this article says, so nothing too serious.

**broken link removed**

For sure. Tyson was taking it a bit more serious than that when talking about rematching Holyfield, but in the end its def meant to be a charitable event. Hell a few weeks ago Tyson Fury v Mike Tyson for charity was kicked around as well.

Then the real news dropped from Fury that he is gonna fight Wilder again this year then Joshua 2021. I dont like the Wilder 3 fight, but I believe he will beat Deontay again. (some would say this would be the 3rd win against him) I wanna see that sweet sweet Fury v Joshua fight.

Off-topic, fast forward to 2022 and I think its possible Fury is considered an all-time great. I think hes that good.

What was he like at 18?

I think this was right around the time he was fighting in the Olympic trials. Henry Tillman beat him; he later went on to say Tyson almost killed him with a combo. He was glad he was a few years older and a better boxer than him at the time.
yea, i think he was about 18 then. There were a bunch of guys training that day. I saw him doing pad work. It wasnt Rooney or Atlas, if i recall. Years later i saw atlas at Gleasons gym in brooklyn. Nice guy

What was he like at 18?

I think this was right around the time he was fighting in the Olympic trials. Henry Tillman beat him; he later went on to say Tyson almost killed him with a combo. He was glad he was a few years older and a better boxer than him at the time.

Had to be pretty bad ass! Two years later he did this...

"On November 22, 1986, 20-year-old Mike Tyson knocks out 33-year-old Trevor Berbick in just five minutes and 35 seconds to become the youngest titleholder ever."

Had to be pretty bad ass! Two years later he did this...

"On November 22, 1986, 20-year-old Mike Tyson knocks out 33-year-old Trevor Berbick in just five minutes and 35 seconds to become the youngest titleholder ever."

That Trevor Berbick fight was such a one sided beat down. Berbick didn't want to look him in the eyes right before the round started. He just held onto Tyson most of the fight any chance he got before getting Ko'd.

Tyson is my fav all time boxer but I think too many people get lost in the excitement. They see him in a short clip and think he could come back and dominate the heavyweight division. They forget before he retired he was getting beat by standard heavyweight boxers. Yes he may not have been in the best place mentally but he was still getting beat at a much younger age. As I stated they have to be really careful what opponent they pick for this and what type of fight it will be.

For sure. Tyson was taking it a bit more serious than that when talking about rematching Holyfield, but in the end its def meant to be a charitable event. Hell a few weeks ago Tyson Fury v Mike Tyson for charity was kicked around as well.

Then the real news dropped from Fury that he is gonna fight Wilder again this year then Joshua 2021. I dont like the Wilder 3 fight, but I believe he will beat Deontay again. (some would say this would be the 3rd win against him) I wanna see that sweet sweet Fury v Joshua fight.

Off-topic, fast forward to 2022 and I think its possible Fury is considered an all-time great. I think hes that good.

I am sure you already know and as you state it was just over all the news. But fact is Tyson Fury would never fight Mike Tyson. He has far too much respect for him. He wouldn't box anyone that age, nevermind his boxing idol.

Tyson is my fav all time boxer but I think too many people get lost in the excitement. They see him in a short clip and think he could come back and dominate the heavyweight division. They forget before he retired he was getting beat by standard heavyweight boxers. Yes he may not have been in the best place mentally but he was still getting beat at a much younger age. As I stated they have to be really careful what opponent they pick for this and what type of fight it will be.

I agree

Mike Tyson is overrated by casual fans, and underrated by experts

Truth always lies somewhere in the middle

Of course the dream fight would be Tyson vs Ali, both in their primes.

Intelligent discussion here.

Of course the dream fight would be Tyson vs Ali, both in their primes.

Tyson's respect for Ali was always so high

He'd never admit it ever being even remotely competitive; I think Ali would take it too (While Tyson's power was amazing, I don't think he hit harder than Liston or Ernie Shavers)

Both guys before going to prison were something special. Ali's resilience post prison has always remained legendary; Foreman and Frazier held him in the highest regards after his fights.

What an era of boxing, not sure if we'll ever see athletes and personalities like that ever again.

I agree

Mike Tyson is overrated by casual fans, and underrated by experts

Truth always lies somewhere in the middle
I grew up watching tyson. Live outdoor viewings at the yonkers raceway PPV. I dont want to see him fight any young lions. Fight Evander again, lol It reminds when tyson fought Larry holmes. Larry started popping that jab, got pumped up, then out. sad. Same with Pinklon thomas Tony Tubbs etc Even Spinx

Tyson's respect for Ali was always so high

He'd never admit it ever being even remotely competitive; I think Ali would take it too (While Tyson's power was amazing, I don't think he hit harder than Liston or Ernie Shavers)

Both guys before going to prison were something special. Ali's resilience post prison has always remained legendary; Foreman and Frazier held him in the highest regards after his fights.

What an era of boxing, not sure if we'll ever see athletes and personalities like that ever again.
A closer match up would have been Tyson and Foreman both in their primes! Even when Foreman was in his early 40s and out of his prime shape Tyson reportedly would not fight him!

"On June 16, 1990, Tyson and Foreman actually did appear on the same card in a co-main event. Tyson avenged his two 1984 Olympic trial losses to Henry Tillman by knocking him out in the first round while Foreman took out top-10 contender Adilson Rodrigues with a second-round knockout. But why didn’t they fight each other that night? Apparently, Tyson wanted absolutely no part of Foreman, believing he was a lot more dangerous than people were giving him credit for.

Longtime boxing journalist Frank Lotierzo once recounted a lunch he had with Don King’s longtime matchmaker, Bobby Goodman, who told him that Mike Tyson was scared to death of George Foreman and that Foreman was a con man, putting on the old-man show so he’d always be overlooked.
“You’ll never believe this but Tyson is scared s***less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, ‘I’m not fightin’ that f****ng animal. If you love the motherf***er so much, you fight him!'”
Bobby Goodman on Mike Tyson being scared of George Foreman

George was badass too. Had that Oldman power!

I once saw an interview with Butch Lewis who was Michael Spinks' manager. He was talking about the night Spinks fought Tyson. He said both fighters were in their dressing rooms getting taped and going through their pre-fight warmups, etc. He was walking down the hallway and was passing by Tyson's dressing room and he hears this crashing, breaking sound and a sinister laugh. He said he went into Tyson's dressing room and there he is shadowboxing but he's literally punching holes in the dressing room walls and Rooney was laughing his ass off the whole time! Butch Lewis said he turned around, walked out and said to himself "we're in some big fucking trouble tonight!" Tyson went on to knock Spinks out in 91 seconds of the first round! Lewis also said "there wasn't a man on the planet who could've beaten Tyson that night."

I hate to say this but didn't we all get suckered into the Kevin Levrone comeback and then he showed up with no legs.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131