over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question For Dante / DC Training

Have you ran a full blood panel (test, free test; equilibrium dial assay preferably, DHT, estrogen) in the past?

What were your numbers?

You know how to put on muscle, that's evident. You're also natural, which is vastly different from someone enhanced; it's a massive difference especially if you metabolize these drugs well. Kudos for that; long term you'll thank yourself, and if you decide to hop on TRT in your 40s, it'll be another puberty of progress.

Dante i have a question for u, i'm using the DC 2way, periodically my knees give me pain (i think for the cartilage consumption). Now how i may to do with exercises like squat and front squat ,where i do one set of 6-10 followed by 1 set of 20. I do one set of high rest pause instead a set of 6-10? thanks

Dante it's possible that i have lost strenght with the time passing? in 2016 i was in San Diego, in vacancy and i remember that at the world gym i had done one set of incline bench with 55kg x sidex 10reps, for me a considerable weight. But now i'm sure that i couldn't lift this weight.
at the time i was under 250 test and 250 tren....i think that in 4 years i have do some gain but the strenght in some exercises is lower than before. From 2 years i train with dc but i had mistaken some things, for example i had start with dc advanced for my fear with do low volume workout. Now, after the quarantine i had start with classic dc 2 way and I realize that my fears were completely unfounded.
Last things , between 2016 and 2020 i had some little injury and one a little more serious, i rupture my left bicep tendon totally with supine grip deadlift...in 2019 i had partially broken my right bicep tendon at bowling ahah

thanks

I dont know your age....but im going to assume your getting older (correct me if I am wrong). Also sorry to hear about the bicep tears...ive never been a fan of the over under deadlift for that exact reason....and have pushed people toward the overhand deadlift for decades now...it is just a "not if" "but when" scenario to me with the biceps in that position. You are the second guy this year that I have heard tear his biceps from bowling. Im a big proponent of pushing up rep ranges as people get older (this is not throwing in the towel, you will still be doing things for reps that you have never done before but in a rep range that is more conducive as a older bodybuilder)....this is just a consequence of growing older. Twenty three years old and jump off a 6 foot wall? You land and your off running. Forty six and you jump off a 6 foot wall? Both patella tendons shred and its reconstructive surgery. If i can offer some advice it would do this
a) Take in about 35-70 grams of hydrolyzed collagen a day (mixes like a breeze in any protein drink (35 grams) or even intra workout drinks..you wont even taste it.
b) take a UC II supplement at 40mg
c) put 16% menthol on your knees liberally before going to the gym (flexall, icy hot etc)
c) on every leg day before your main movement for quads do 2 sets of leg press...one set for 30 reps with light weight, another set for 20 reps with heavier weight....use these sets to go deep and stretch our your quads and drive blood into the area....maybe 2 plates a side for 30 and 3 plates a side on the leg press for 20
d) move your rep range up to 12-14 at the very least on the first work set (after all the warmups) ....of your main quad exercise and then do the widowmaker
e) also consider doing the advanced split because it sounds like you have trained for quite awhile to me

You're assuming quite a bit about me Dante. I just talked to Scott Stevenson yesterday, who I know you respect a lot (and he clearly respects you a lot as well), for a few hours and he said to me "(if it weren't for the genetics) you'd probably be the biggest bodybuilder on the planet. I don't know anyone who has put in more effort than you". I have a great deal of respect for Scott, so in a way I appreciate the comment as validation given I don't quite have the results one might expect for my effort level. You're speaking here as if I haven't pushed myself over the years or tried many many different methods over my 15 years of training. I have, including many of your own techniques.

Curious, why do you assume barbell curls don't work for me? I ask because I'm wondering if you're saying that based on my height / long limbs, or you just feel it's an exercise that doesn't work great for many. I've tried many curl variations of course. You actually liked my Instagram post where I demonstrate alternating supinating DB curls with the weight emphasized medially for more difficult supination. That's been my staple over the years.

This is all meant to be enjoyable conversation, so again Dante I hope you don't think this is me arguing. Given what you said about naturals though, I'll make a bet with you. If you can work with me to put 1/2in on my arms at the same leanness naturally (which can mean bulking up then cutting down) in a reasonable time frame, proving I'm not really maxed out, I'll pay you $1000 :)

Ironically, Scott and I talked for quite a while about giving DC training a full shot soon. It's on the podcast, I can send it to you when it goes up in a week or so if you'd be interested to hear it.

Again, really want to emphasize my tone here is meant to be friendly. The internet / text can make things come across the wrong way. I also realize there's built up frustration on your end after explaining the same stuff for 20 years, I get it.

Im not questioning your effort at all. I am questioning why you dont want to try other movements and seem so steadfast on 'keeping' certain movements....when the crux of this thread seemed to be that you are at a sticking point with (i believe it was biceps and some other bodyparts)...the effort your putting out is not coming into question....I saw you put up a post earlier on this thread in response to danieltx I think it was where you seem to state you refuse to "try something new" via exercises you have done for years.

I assumed barbell curls dont work for you because my experience has been with people with biceps that are a weak bodypart....they have tried barbell curls 100's/1000's of times because "hey thats what your supposed to do"....and it just is not an alltogether productive exercise for them.

Here's my progress pics for reference. I've made substantial progress, but I'm obviously far from a big guy.

You have made insanely good progress and should hold your head high for doing just that. I am not seeing the biceps being a weak bodypart for you ( i believe you said biceps and calves )....maybe i read the initial post wrong and it was a generalization of bodyparts

I dont know your age....but im going to assume your getting older (correct me if I am wrong). Also sorry to hear about the bicep tears...ive never been a fan of the over under deadlift for that exact reason....and have pushed people toward the overhand deadlift for decades now...it is just a "not if" "but when" scenario to me with the biceps in that position. You are the second guy this year that I have heard tear his biceps from bowling. Im a big proponent of pushing up rep ranges as people get older (this is not throwing in the towel, you will still be doing things for reps that you have never done before but in a rep range that is more conducive as a older bodybuilder)....this is just a consequence of growing older. Twenty three years old and jump off a 6 foot wall? You land and your off running. Forty six and you jump off a 6 foot wall? Both patella tendons shred and its reconstructive surgery. If i can offer some advice it would do this
a) Take in about 35-70 grams of hydrolyzed collagen a day (mixes like a breeze in any protein drink (35 grams) or even intra workout drinks..you wont even taste it.
b) take a UC II supplement at 40mg
c) put 16% menthol on your knees liberally before going to the gym (flexall, icy hot etc)
c) on every leg day before your main movement for quads do 2 sets of leg press...one set for 30 reps with light weight, another set for 20 reps with heavier weight....use these sets to go deep and stretch our your quads and drive blood into the area....maybe 2 plates a side for 30 and 3 plates a side on the leg press for 20
d) move your rep range up to 12-14 at the very least on the first work set (after all the warmups) ....of your main quad exercise and then do the widowmaker
e) also consider doing the advanced split because it sounds like you have trained for quite awhile to me
Sorry , 31 yo, this year i go for 32 , I have been training since i was 18
i'm not so old but in the past years i train also with 2-3reps , and i think that contributed to the knee pain
thanks for the advices , it is an honor to receive them from you. surely I will implement them

Dante, do you plan on slimming down more as you get older?

You're still a big guy, do you worry carrying around that much muscle mass is going to do harm in the long run?

This is a good thread, i'm enjoying it, so thanks to everybody posting on it.

Yea, Dante was super popular back all the way into the 90's, loved reading his posts. He hasn't changed one bit, about as real a guy I know on these forums. Literally, if you read a post from him back in the 90's, you will think it is current. Not many guys can do that....him, Lyle, and a handful of others. Of course, their content has changed little here and there, but that comes with the territory of trial and error (see his comment on gymrats as the largest study) and newer research...and changing goals mostly due to age, injury, or lifestyle.

I seriously do not look forward to many guy's posts across the forums, but I always read his. His posts he had at Animal's forum, IntenseMuscle, and here...are golden. Sad thing is that i didn't even jump aboard the DC training until around 2007/08...wtf? I was already into my 30's...wish I had followed it in my 20's:(:mad: lol.

I have absolutely no idea where i;m going with this post, it's way off course from the original thread, lol. It's like 1:30am, I need to hit the sack:D

R
This is a good thread, i'm enjoying it, so thanks to everybody posting on it.

Yea, Dante was super popular back all the way into the 90's, loved reading his posts. He hasn't changed one bit, about as real a guy I know on these forums. Literally, if you read a post from him back in the 90's, you will think it is current. Not many guys can do that....him, Lyle, and a handful of others. Of course, their content has changed little here and there, but that comes with the territory of trial and error (see his comment on gymrats as the largest study) and newer research...and changing goals mostly due to age, injury, or lifestyle.

I seriously do not look forward to many guy's posts across the forums, but I always read his. His posts he had at Animal's forum, IntenseMuscle, and here...are golden. Sad thing is that i didn't even jump aboard the DC training until around 2007/08...wtf? I was already into my 30's...wish I had followed it in my 20's:(:mad: lol.

I have absolutely no idea where i;m going with this post, it's way off course from the original thread, lol. It's like 1:30am, I need to hit the sack:D

I remember quite a few of yall from back in the day. The first thing I did when I began seriously lifting again was come here, plug DOGGCRAPP into the search engine and read everything he'd said over the years. I'll say this, too...remarkably consistent guy lol. The same thing he preaches now is what he preached back then. Because things that work never change.

Dante, do you plan on slimming down more as you get older?

You're still a big guy, do you worry carrying around that much muscle mass is going to do harm in the long run?

Here is a long answer to that short question.
Longevity is all about eating like a bird, staying cardio active in a big way and pretty much doing the exact opposite of everything bodybuilding is involved with. I got two of those covered in spades. The third one not so much.
I eat like a bird, in fact if i ate like this when i was trying to get bigger as a bodybuilder I would have gotten absolutely nowhere. But this is how i presently eat 98% of the time.
Meal 1 protein drink
workout
Meal 2 six eggs, oatmeal and a bunch of fruit (postworkout)
meal 3 Essential amino acids drink
Meal 4 steak or chicken with either (a salad, or riced cauliflower)
meal 5 Essential amino acids drink and maybe a protein bar if im starving
So only two solid meals a day and pretty low on calories/carbs......thats pretty much my "get leaner over time and dont put on any weight on the scale" diet.
Cardio I am a fiend. I do one of two things...I either train or hike 3 hilly miles a day with my dogs and directly after swim 30 laps in the pool every single day right after that training or right after hiking.
So i got those covered. My crutch is I train heavy and hard...thats what I do. Thats my addiction and what I love to do....so I cannot stop doing that because its a large part of my happiness. I have raised my rep ranges dramatically for joint safety but im still doing things for sometimes 20-30 reps alot of times that 99% of people in my gyms cannot do for 8-13 reps. I have always trained hard and i cannot give that part up. The problem is when you have done that for 35 years, that suit of armor doesnt go anywhere....its on you like glue.
So back in 2008-2009 when i told myself its only TRT from here on out and its time to bring things downward. I did just that.
I think alot of people dont realize how tall i am. Im a shade under 6'2".....far gone are the 290lbs to 303lbs days of 2002 etc....I look around and see guys in my age bracket that per inch of height weigh far more than myself. {i dont know what those guys are doing sauce wise but my parameters for myself is doctor prescribed TRT} If we are talking just bodyweight....just for example I think Efferding is 260. I just saw Mike Ohearn was up over 300lbs this year at over age 50 (which i dont think is very smart). Cutler is younger than me but what is he 245? I am almost 5 inches taller than him. Everything has been going to plan except for the last 24 months if i am going to be honest. I have been getting leaner and leaner and leaner for years but i got bigger the last two years...i have probably gained 8-10lbs of muscle mass in the last 2 years. I made a product for myself and have been using it for 2 years (alot of you know what it is but im asking you to not name it out of respect for this board ***moderators if someone names it I apologize and please delete the name)....and there is no doubt whatsoever ive gotten bigger and thats virtually the only change to my robotic like regimen. So I keep getting leaner but I am getting bigger using this product so its kind of a dilemna to be honest. I keep upping my activity or dropping calories to keep in the 252-259 range i like to be in. I have stellar bloodwork, bp is great, alot of cardio, but I do love to train hard...so it kind of comes down to a personal decision of happiness. The way i train really doesnt work well in getting "smaller"...but everything (besides that product) is tuned to becoming more agile/athletic and smaller. As tall as I am, and as extremely active as I am....I feel im doing the correct things.

Im not questioning your effort at all. I am questioning why you dont want to try other movements and seem so steadfast on 'keeping' certain movements....when the crux of this thread seemed to be that you are at a sticking point with (i believe it was biceps and some other bodyparts)...the effort your putting out is not coming into question....I saw you put up a post earlier on this thread in response to danieltx I think it was where you seem to state you refuse to "try something new" via exercises you have done for years.

I assumed barbell curls dont work for you because my experience has been with people with biceps that are a weak bodypart....they have tried barbell curls 100's/1000's of times because "hey thats what your supposed to do"....and it just is not an alltogether productive exercise for them.

Thanks for clarifying. I do have weak calves but at the start of the thread when I said "If someone has lagging calves, biceps, etc they're such basic movements it's hard to imagine too many variations that will change much if they're lagging." I was just using that as an example, because they are generally single joint exercises and seem less amenable to variations. The thread was not meant to be about me being at a sticking point, but rather just a topic for conversation. So I was in part just interested in hearing some more examples of "getting weird with it exercises". I've seen and tried your torturous methods for calves :LOL: mine didn't personally grow but I know I have unusually stubborn calves and others have had good success with those methods. The bicep one you mentioned is new to me, so thanks for that. Interested to hear more if you or others in the thread want to post them.

And it's not that I'm averse to trying new things. I've tried many weird methods and exercises over the years. Personally, I can't think of many weird variations that seemed to work better for me than more traditional movements. Examples of less traditional movements I've tried: Meadows Rows, Rack Chins, Drag Curls (not sure if that's the right name, but the way you describe with a barbell), Reverse Grip Smith Bench, Sissy Squats, high rep forearms followed by extreme forearm stretch, Lateral Raises on that machine you like with the pads done for high reps, etc

I do love Reverse Grip Smith Bench pushing up and away from me, that's one of my favorites for triceps that's a little different. Pic included of where they're at now.

My overall point was I think you need some gauge of progress over a relatively long period of time and that strength gains in the short term are, in my opinion, not indicative of muscle growth. But strength gains over the long run are very indicative of muscle growth (in whichever effective exercise one chooses, whether it be traditional or a unique one). I think most here would agree with that. As you say, progressively heavier slag iron over time.

You have made insanely good progress and should hold your head high for doing just that. I am not seeing the biceps being a weak bodypart for you ( i believe you said biceps and calves )....maybe i read the initial post wrong and it was a generalization of bodyparts

Thanks boss :) I'd say my biggest weak points are calves and forearms (no surprise at 6'1" with a 6'4" arm span). Biceps are probably average relative to everything else. And yea original post was meant as a hypothetical.

Attachments

• .3.jpg
    .3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 77
Longevity is all about eating like a bird, staying cardio active in a big way and pretty much doing the exact opposite of everything bodybuilding is involved with. I got two of those covered in spades. The third one not so much.
I eat like a bird, in fact if i ate like this when i was trying to get bigger as a bodybuilder I would have gotten absolutely nowhere. But this is how i presently eat 98% of the time.
Meal 1 protein drink
workout
So only two solid meals a day and pretty low on calories/carbs......thats pretty much my "get leaner over time and dont put on any weight on the scale" diet.
Cardio I am a fiend. I do one of two things...I either train or hike 3 hilly miles a day with my dogs and directly after swim 30 laps in the pool every single day right after that training or right after hiking.
So i got those covered. My crutch is I train heavy and hard...thats what I do. Thats my addiction and what I love to do....so I cannot stop doing that because its a large part of my happiness. I have raised my rep ranges dramatically for joint safety but im still doing things for sometimes 20-30 reps alot of times that 99% of people in my gyms cannot do for 8-13 reps. I have always trained hard and i cannot give that part up. The problem is when you have done that for 35 years, that suit of armor doesnt go anywhere....its on you like glue.
So back in 2008-2009 when i told myself its only TRT from here on out and its time to bring things downward. I did just that.
I think alot of people dont realize how tall i am. Im a shade under 6'2".....far gone are the 290lbs to 303lbs days of 2002 etc....I look around and see guys in my age bracket that per inch of height weigh far more than myself. {i dont know what those guys are doing sauce wise but my parameters for myself is doctor prescribed TRT} If we are talking just bodyweight....just for example I think Efferding is 260. I just saw Mike Ohearn was up over 300lbs this year at over age 50 (which i dont think is very smart). Cutler is younger than me but what is he 245? I am almost 5 inches taller than him. Everything has been going to plan except for the last 24 months if i am going to be honest. I have been getting leaner and leaner and leaner for years but i got bigger the last two years...i have probably gained 8-10lbs of muscle mass in the last 2 years. I made a product for myself and have been using it for 2 years (alot of you know what it is but im asking you to not name it out of respect for this board ***moderators if someone names it I apologize and please delete the name)....and there is no doubt whatsoever ive gotten bigger and thats virtually the only change to my robotic like regimen. So I keep getting leaner but I am getting bigger using this product so its kind of a dilemna to be honest. I keep upping my activity or dropping calories to keep in the 252-259 range i like to be in. I have stellar bloodwork, bp is great, alot of cardio, but I do love to train hard...so it kind of comes down to a personal decision of happiness. The way i train really doesnt work well in getting "smaller"...but everything (besides that product) is tuned to becoming more agile/athletic and smaller. As tall as I am, and as extremely active as I am....I feel im doing the correct things.

What are your thoughts on muscle mass in relation to your body frame? Do you think guys who have smaller frames and bone density need to be more careful long term about muscle mass than naturally big guys?

For example 240 lbs on Jay Cutler isn't really that "big" considering how big Jay's structure is, and he's admitted in the past that he'd be 220 lbs even if he wasn't a bodybuilder.

Say you have two guys; both 250 lbs decent condition, one guy is 6 ft and would naturally genetically sits at 210 lbs vs one guy who is 170 lbs naturally genetically; would it be harder on the second guy's body long term to be that big?

Odd question I know, but something I've wondered when considering long term health, and homeostasis.

Meal 1 protein drink
workout

How does your heart look? Any idea about the size of your heart? Chamber size, thickness, ejection fraction. I hate to say, I asked Meadows this question 3 weeks before his heart attack :( I have zero issues with people using gear, but I do wonder if people have a false sense of security by just looking at surrogate markers (i.e. blood panels). One of my patients is a well known guy in the industry and his stories of the carelessness of some of his friends is concerning. They're also all 250-300lb despite being close to 50 now.

It's amazing to me how much size people can maintain after they've spent years and years building it. Good for you for that regimen. I have found my inflammation (symptomatically and blood levels of inflammatory markers) are so much better when eating low calories.

You mention eating like a bird, Dante, any tips you could throw out? Were you ever an over eater? I'm 35 now, want to keep my waist as tight as I can so obviously the first thing to is reduce food volume. But I'll be dammed if that shit isn't the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Former fatty here with an enormous appetite.

Dante, I find the same thing, I am mostly about health and staying fit now, keeping BW in check. But for me to drop below 220 I have to go to extremes. Im 45, I competed from 2002 - 2016. Though I do wake up daily wanting to go back to putting on mass. I am 25lbs lighter now than I used to walk around at, but I was never a big bulker, appetite was my nemesis, so I was sometimes able to grow into shows and post contest it was common for me to drop weight from my stage weight. So now I can get away with 2-3 meals a day and not lose much at all. I average 13-20,000 steps daily. I train 3-4 times a week. I fast for 24hrs once a week and I keep my carbs low as possible. Most days 100g or less lately, for the last 2.5 years I experimented with Keto mostly. The lowest I could get was 208lbs. I stick to 250mg test every 7-14 days, I know it's inconsistent but due to my schedule I end up putting it off but I feel great. Once in a while, usually summer I'll ramp it up for 5-6 weeks never more than 600mg. RIght now Im taking 100mg Prop/100mg Primo 3x a week and it's working very well. Nothing like the 1g test a week with EQ, Anadrol, Slin and gh days but I'm happy.

I really think once you've built the foundation, havent relied on drugs to get to where you are. You are going to hold that muscle for a while. If you stop training and eating decent (yo yo guys you see at the gym), yeah Im sure it will go away, but if you keep training and doing things right, it's yours, and you really have to try hard to lose it.

Before reading the below, just know I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but the below is indicative of the state of affairs of bodybuilding information dissemination to some degree.

------------

My take here is that Dante has led the horses to water for years and years and years. Some will drink and others not. Some may even drink from his pool of knowledge and try to train like his / her life depends on it and eat like a machine, and find it too difficult (for various reasons). Those who are willing to drink and really buckle down will also be those (generalizing here) who are motivated to dig in and research the program a bit more, too (and may also be those who gravitate to training that requires grit, knowing intuitively that the harder something is, the more likely it is to produce results to some degree).

But I agree, it would be great if somehow the truth of Dante's programming could sink in more, but this is a daunting task (as D knows) and probably even more so amongst "millennials."

-S

Yeah, I was regularly over at IM and know that Dante has been consistent with his advice. However, like with some of the fantastic knowledge Dante has been sharing over at Insta, there's new (health related) info and bits that have evolved and been refined. A blog would be great! Regards.

Yeah, I was regularly over at IM and know that Dante has been consistent with his advice. However, like with some of the fantastic knowledge Dante has been sharing over at Insta, there's new (health related) info and bits that have evolved and been refined. A blog would be great! Regards.

What advantage does a blog have over his IG posts other than perhaps ease of reading?...

-S

Guys, I think it's pretty short sighted to demand Dante do something else. He is laying out things randomly for free with the most detailed write ups I have seen. Who cares if IG posts it out of order??? That's why he numbers the posts. Do not ruin a good thing by asking for a yard when he is already devoting his time and experience for free.
Learn to adapt. His instagram is not private, so if you don't have IG you can still go to it and read it. Screen shot it. Copy and paste it. For the love of fuck, just do the minimal legwork it is going to take to make yourself happy and stop asking for more when we are being given literal gifts of info that he is voluntarily sharing!

I don't think Dante would object to the IG criticism, he has gone on record stating he was not a big fan of their set-up for his own posts. I think he understands, and i'll let him talk for himself, what others mean. That said, I think we all appreciate his posts no matter the form they are delivered in and never want him to stop regardless of where he posts. Heck, after the 90's and waiting for magazines every other month, guys posting w/ PGP only posts, the old deja news forum formats, or even the old newsletters in the mail....we are spoiled these days:)

I'd be excited to read a bunch of scribble from him on some toilet paper passed through the mail...preferably unsused:D

I don't think Dante would object to the IG criticism, he has gone on record stating he was not a big fan of their set-up for his own posts. I think he understands, and i'll let him talk for himself, what others mean. That said, I think we all appreciate his posts no matter the form they are delivered in and never want him to stop regardless of where he posts. Heck, after the 90's and waiting for magazines every other month, guys posting w/ PGP only posts, the old deja news forum formats, or even the old newsletters in the mail....we are spoiled these days:)

I'd be excited to read a bunch of scribble from him on some toilet paper passed through the mail...preferably unsused:D
If he has acknowledged it then why harp on it? You know what happens when people start voicing dissatisfaction over trivial things? People can sometimes stop feeling motivated to keep doing them if they start to think they aren't serving a purpose or people are bothered by their existence. None of us want that to happen. I think we should just appreciate what is there and the form it is in.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131