YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Anyone Have Own Promaxima Gym Equipment???

Millineum Man

Registered
Does anyone have experience with or own equipment made by Promaxima? They make commercial grade items and are based out of Houston. I’m thinking about adding a commercial 45 degree leg press machine with linear bearings and an adjustable bench(0-90) to my home gym. Especially with COVID-19 spiking in my area.

I used to work out in a commercial gym that had one of their stations in it. It was a very robust and versatile piece. I liked it a lot. It seemed pretty solid. It certainly didn’t feel cheap.
Needless to say, I don’t know what it cost, so I can’t say if it would be worth it for a residential application.

I used to work out in a commercial gym that had one of their stations in it. It was a very robust and versatile piece. I liked it a lot. It seemed pretty solid. It certainly didn’t feel cheap.
Needless to say, I don’t know what it cost, so I can’t say if it would be worth it for a residential application.
Yeah, I tried a lat pulldown and row machine made by them a few years ago. They were both built really solid and smooth. But spending $2-3k on their equipment for my home gym is different.

Can you post the model number or a pic? I haven't used many but I know my mate had their leg press that converted into a hack squat in his gym. I suppose it would do and you would get used to it but I really disliked it. It didn't feel right to me and quite uncomfortable. Although that is just one piece and I see they have many that look fine and you are considering a completely different model. The benefit of the one my mate had you wouldn't need so many plates because it was really heavy.

I have a promaxima barbell, because at the the time it was literally the only barbell available and i probably paid way too much for it but it got the job done. I also had many of their rubber coated plates which are nicely made with the exception of being 1.8 inches shorter than a standard 45. Not really into deficit deadlifts unless i really have to.

They're equipment looks really decent though. I'd say as long as you can get it for a decent price id go for it. If your putting a lot of money out i would go with something from rogue or elitefts just because in my opinion the promaxima equipment could be designed slightly better. Im sure it still works great, its just an expensive item so I would say do your research. Im not really sure what the retail is because they don't list it and its hard to find it for sale anywhere accept one place i know of.

Just out of curiosity are you getting this from "buy and sell fitness", near the Orlando area?

I found a promaxima plate loaded leg press for $2,600. It actually looks really nice. I really think they're equipment is built well. You'll be getting good quality.

What i meant in my last post when i said some of it could have been designed a little better.

Promaximas equipment is built for commercial use. Its built simply to withstand a crap load of usage. "most" of it isn't built with ergonomics in mind for the serious lifter like EliteFts uses in their builds. A lot of people simply don't know the difference. You notice it more when you're lifting a lot of weight on the equipment. Like if you look at their benches and the shapes of the pads and just the angles on some of the equipment, some of it is a little bizarre. Most people wouldnt even notice unless they've used other equipment that was different/better.

Their leg press looks pretty normal, if i had the money id probably scoop that leg press up considering some of them go up to 5 and 6 grand. If they deliver thats a plus too. The shipping gets retarded quick.

Sure.
Can you post the model number or a pic? I haven't used many but I know my mate had their leg press that converted into a hack squat in his gym. I suppose it would do and you would get used to it but I really disliked it. It didn't feel right to me and quite uncomfortable. Although that is just one piece and I see they have many that look fine and you are considering a completely different model. The benefit of the one my mate had you wouldn't need so many plates because it was really heavy.
This is a P-118
1593727973225.png

I generally don’t like any company’s leg press/hack squat. The footplate is always too narrow and never long enough.

I have a promaxima barbell, because at the the time it was literally the only barbell available and i probably paid way too much for it but it got the job done. I also had many of their rubber coated plates which are nicely made with the exception of being 1.8 inches shorter than a standard 45. Not really into deficit deadlifts unless i really have to.

They're equipment looks really decent though. I'd say as long as you can get it for a decent price id go for it. If your putting a lot of money out i would go with something from rogue or elitefts just because in my opinion the promaxima equipment could be designed slightly better. Im sure it still works great, its just an expensive item so I would say do your research. Im not really sure what the retail is because they don't list it and its hard to find it for sale anywhere accept one place i know of.

Just out of curiosity are you getting this from "buy and sell fitness", near the Orlando area?
No, sir. I contacted Promaxima, directly. You’re absolutely right about the shipping prices. I’m roughly 2.5 hours away from Houston. So, I can just rent or borrow a trailer and pick everything up myself.

No, sir. I contacted Promaxima, directly. You’re absolutely right about the shipping prices. I’m roughly 2.5 hours away from Houston. So, I can just rent or borrow a trailer and pick everything up myself.

Oh thats cool. Yah with this stuff being able to actually get it home without having to pay shipping will be a big deciding factor in what brands a lot of people choose. I wished i lived near one of these major manufacturers. I had to skip over a lot of equipment that i really wanted simply because shipping makes the prices unrealistic.

I have know they man who owns Promaxima since the 70's when he lived behind Hank's gym and made equipment out of his garage. Since then they bought about 3 city blocks close to that location and manufacture everything right there along with a whole fleet of 18 wheelers. I worked at a football coach and strength coach in the area for 25 years and probably completely opened 4 high school gyms all with Promaxima equipment. I also ran powerlifting meets for another 10 years and Promaxima made all of my equipment and sponsored my meets. Very well made equipment at a very reasonable price. Most high school and college gyms in Texas use their equipment. That leg press is GTG! Everything they make is sturdy and well made.

I have know they man who owns Promaxima since the 70's when he lived behind Hank's gym and made equipment out of his garage. Since then they bought about 3 city blocks close to that location and manufacture everything right there along with a whole fleet of 18 wheelers. I worked at a football coach and strength coach in the area for 25 years and probably completely opened 4 high school gyms all with Promaxima equipment. I also ran powerlifting meets for another 10 years and Promaxima made all of my equipment and sponsored my meets. Very well made equipment at a very reasonable price. Most high school and college gyms in Texas use their equipment. That leg press is GTG! Everything they make is sturdy and well made.
Wow! What a small world. Yeah, the leg press looks heavy duty and has linear bearings like Precor or Life Fitness. It’s brand new and is only a fraction of what some guys are selling used leg press machines on Facebook and Craig’s with all the price gouging going on.

Promaxima is good to go. I have a plate loaded lat pull down/low row from them that has lasted 15+ years without any problems. That's with a bunch of people using it, too. From what I've seen it looks like they have upgraded a lot of their equipment, recently.

If you're going to buy something it should the strength curve of that particular muscle the way it's designed to function. I would stay leery of anything that's not prime fitness or Atlantis strength

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws