advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows asks: Supplement scandal brewing?

Thank you for exposing this scum bag! Please list all of them John!!

Ok, that was a comprehensive response by Revive. Any input to counter his response? John’s legit, and I trust his word, but the Revive dude’s contention is they do test, are ramping up their testing and are going to be involved with professional sports/athletes. It looks like Revive isn’t calling John a liar, but distancing themselves from his accusation.
I don’t know anything about Revive. Are they who he was talking about? My best judgement is not to trust supplement companies...but I’m not a tested athlete either.

Ok, that was a comprehensive response by Revive. Any input to counter his response? John’s legit, and I trust his word, but the Revive dude’s contention is they do test, are ramping up their testing and are going to be involved with professional sports/athletes. It looks like Revive isn’t calling John a liar, but distancing themselves from his accusation.
I don’t know anything about Revive. Are they who he was talking about? My best judgement is not to trust supplement companies...but I’m not a tested athlete either.
John was talking about NutraCap, a supplier of supplement brands like ReviveMD. Of course the co-owner of ReviveMD, Dom, is not accusing John of being a liar, how could he. John merely pointed out the massive quality control issues with NutraCap, which is a matter of fact. Someone else then brought up ReviveMD. Dom is a very talented bullshitter, but after some back and forth, he admitted that NutraCap supplies some of the ingredients for ReviveMD's products. But he defended NutraCap despite their egregious, documented lack of quality control. And he claimed (without evidence so far) that ReviveMD tests ALL their batches and that therefore, they need not worry about QC issues with their suppliers. It seems implausible to me that they would test all their batches though. I'm sure he can present analysis at one point in time, but probably nothing recurring regularly. Let's see how things turn out, and what other supplement brands use NutraCap as a supplier.

John was talking about NutraCap, a supplier of supplement brands like ReviveMD. Of course the co-owner of ReviveMD, Dom, is not accusing John of being a liar, how could he. John merely pointed out the massive quality control issues with NutraCap, which is a matter of fact. Someone else then brought up ReviveMD. Dom is a very talented bullshitter, but after some back and forth, he admitted that NutraCap supplies some of the ingredients for ReviveMD's products. But he defended NutraCap despite their egregious, documented lack of quality control. And he claimed (without evidence so far) that ReviveMD tests ALL their batches and that therefore, they need not worry about QC issues with their suppliers. It seems implausible to me that they would test all their batches though. I'm sure he can present analysis at one point in time, but probably nothing recurring regularly. Let's see how things turn out, and what other supplement brands use NutraCap as a supplier.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Testing every batch is what raises concerns in his counter "argument". How expensive is this testing? How big is each batch? If the batches are massive and frequency is low, then we could all agree that they may test each batch.

Thank you for exposing this scum bag! Please list all of them John!!

There is not enough room on this server to list them all. :(

They should probably start posting their testing results then? Thats what I'd do right now if I was them.

However, if its utter nonsense then they wont have them to post, which is how I think this is going to play out.

Redcon1 and PJ have had shit in the past multiple times with respectable honest people like JM.

Serves them right for ripping off all of Dantes ideas anyway. What comes around goes around.

Posts / people lie all the time, plan and simple. You can get anybody to say anything,
anytime. People love to see there name in print, even if it is a lie but seen in a positive
way.

Pick reputable people that have a proven track record and that you trust. Even then I
would view them with skepticism. Money is a huge motivator as well as a free adver-
tisement.

I can think of no other 'sport' than bodybuilding that is more corrupt, tells more outright
lives than any other sport or business . . . and gets away with it. And most are not backed
up by science. And most people would not be alive it it were not for real science. It would
be criminal malpractice if doctors recommended what most bodybuilders recommend as
supplements. This day will come if not in your lifetime. It will be interesting as suppliment
companies go out of busioness due to Covid and it there is a corresponding decline in the
quality of physiques. Doubtful.

Test results can be and are modified all the time. You see this in the medical community
(rare) and you see it in bodybuilding all the time . . . AAS, supplements, etc. When unicorns
fall from the sky in record numbers I will start believing bodybuilding 'testing' results.
And to think that people donate their to pay for this is crazy It just gives them more money
to produce a fake, more believable test result and you have no recourse except to vote
with your wallet. But I will give them this; when it comes to UGS, there is dubious quality
control (too many posts to dispute this) and ingredients in my opinion.

And it is probably safe to say nobody here had had an original thought. To think that one
person is ripping off another is difficult to prove. In supplement formulations it is easier
to prove but sources for ingredients throw an monkey wrench into things. Ripping off
somebodies training ideas if laughable at best, ignorant at worst and just plain impossible
to prove. We have very well respected person on this board who claims to have know and
have trained all these well know bodybuilders (who BTH never mention his name) has never
read one the the most influential bodybuilding writing in history but but. Sure.

Don't even get me started on these subjects . . . these is plenty of water in the well.

There was a famous add (may still be running) of the Joe Atlas training courses. He was
brought to court over the effectiveness of his training routine. And this is what he told the
judge. I don't know if he won or lost the case:

“I have never been a weightlifter, lifting weights is bad for you, will make you muscle-bound,
probably rupture you, ruin your heart, make you so slow that you could not punch your way
out of a wet paper sack, shorten your life; but I have used weights to test my strength.
How often? Well, usually three or four times a week. For how long? Oh, two or three hours
usually.”
- Charles Atlas

Rant off.

A blatant attempt at free advertising for both companies

Why would anybody even get their stuff from a company like Revive MD when there are many proven, awesome companies out there, like NOW Foods, Thorne, Source Naturals, Jarrow, Life Extension, etc... And then when it comes to amino acids/ bulk powders, protein/carbs, etc, just get those at a proven company like True Nutrition... So, so simple... Not sure whey any experienced person in this game would need to get stuff from a company like Revive MD (etc...)

I know nothing about Revive MD and have only quickly browsed their product list, so if what I'm saying is completely off-base, then please forgive me, but I just can't imagine that "Revive MD" is putting out anything revolutionary that these other "proven" companies don't.

Of course, in every industry, "there's always room for one more" so I understand why they would get into the business (despite it being extremely saturated), but as a consumer, I think it's pretty clear who the longstanding proven, companies are who offer quality products...

This is exactly why we do the testing the way we do at AnaSci.org. Any Sponsor can post up a great report/profile but anonymous third party testing really shows what's going! I don't want further responses in this thread to be about the testing, I just wanted to make the point by showing the correlation.

Why would anybody even get their stuff from a company like Revive MD

Strictly marketing

It's the same old "they use it so it must be good." They have some big names on the payroll. Just like Muscletech in the early 2000's. At one point their "team" was insane. Jay was the poster boy, but they also had both Jacksons, Cormier, Warren, Badell, Haidar, and even Priest before all of them. They probably sold a fuckton of Hydroxycut because Priest is a goddamn mutant that could balloon up to the 270's and come in sliced at 199 for shows.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23
Marketing and branding is everything. Louis Vuitton could sell a piece of shit wrapped in LV paper and some idiot would buy it for $2000.

Marketing and branding is everything. Louis Vuitton could sell a piece of shit wrapped in LV paper and some idiot would buy it for $2000.

not sure if anyone realizes this or not. you don't need any of this shit. zero, nada. bodybuilding supplements are a joke. keep your creatine, your fish oil, your intra/pre/post/upside-down/in-between drinks, preworkouts, etc. food, sleep, progressive resistance, genetics, drugs...……...end of story. this is gonna hurt feelings but its true.

not sure if anyone realizes this or not. you don't need any of this shit. zero, nada. bodybuilding supplements are a joke. keep your creatine, your fish oil, your intra/pre/post/upside-down/in-between drinks, preworkouts, etc. food, sleep, progressive resistance, genetics, drugs...……...end of story. this is gonna hurt feelings but its true.

Yeah buddy!

Even something such as creatine which is widely studied and found to have beneficial effects on muscle mass, I've always found them to be so marginal I'd rather spend my money on something else.

Food, training, anabolics, cardio, sleep. Maybe a multi .

I hear you, and generally agree for natural lifters, however, a lot of the supplements many of the guys on here are using are preventative measures due to their aas/drug use, so in that case, I would say they are necessary when it comes to health.

Strictly marketing

It's the same old "they use it so it must be good." They have some big names on the payroll. Just like Muscletech in the early 2000's. At one point their "team" was insane. Jay was the poster boy, but they also had both Jacksons, Cormier, Warren, Badell, Haidar, and even Priest before all of them. They probably sold a fuckton of Hydroxycut because Priest is a goddamn mutant that could balloon up to the 270's and come in sliced at 199 for shows.

I originally bought Hydroxy cut because of the Lee Priest ad :/

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members