over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quitting sugar is harder than drugs.. Change my mind lol

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So pretty much as the title says, I’m having a hard time quitting sugar/sweets etc.. I’ve partied my ass off and lived a shitty lifestyle getting into all kinds of shit and all that was WAY easier to quit than not eating cake or cookies or ice cream and chocolate etc lol... Ever since really measuring my food about a month or so ago I was able to see where I’m really at and I’ve fixed my protein intake significantly and thought I might as well start cutting out the junk but fuck is it hard!

I don’t eat bad all day, my diet has a lot of veggies and fruits, sweet potatoes, elk, grass fed beef, deer, chicken, mahi mahi, rice, whole eggs from my chickens in my yard, egg white protein, beans, pasta, turkey, avocados etc.. Not a specific type of diet but just an overall balanced diet of good foods, my only goal is to hit 250g of protein a day and to stay within my calorie maintenance of around 3k per day..

But I’ll find myself hitting that protein goal and sometimes I’ll have 500-700 calories left over and then I’ll go FUCKING BANANAS on some cookies and chocolate or cake etc.. And I don’t really pass the calories into a surplus but damn I wish I could clean it up and just pack in some extra protein or healthier snacks into those calories.. I just love food and sweets lol..

Any tips on how to quit the sugar and bullshit? I’m not trying to quit completely and go into like a prep mode but damn, I eat like that every day and if I could cut it back to the weekends only or something I feel like I’d perform, feel and look better too..

1. Put a diet on a piece of paper.
2. Follow it.

Honest to God, I hate to sound like an asshole, but if you’re grown man how hard is it to follow what’s written down on a piece paper?
I would feel like the biggest fucking loser on the planet if I couldn’t follow what I wrote on a piece of paper.

Again, don’t take this as a flame, I’m just telling you what goes on inside of my brain when it comes to diet, training, work, life, everything.

Im just blown away that NOW is the first time you've really measuring or weighing your food lol

As far as sugar, I'm a fat kid at heart. I would rather have a cheat meal of a dozen donuts then a bomb burger and fries. Always been like that. But the only way I can confront that is a simple question of WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE.
do you want the 5 mins of happiness eating a cookie....5 mins and its gone.
OR, do you want to take your shirt off at the beach and be pumped with how you look....LONGER than 5 minutes.
You have to ask yourself that question and only you know the answer. It's as simple as will power.

1. Put a diet on a piece of paper.
2. Follow it.

Honest to God, I hate to sound like an asshole, but if you’re grown man how hard is it to follow what’s written down on a piece paper?
I would feel like the biggest fucking loser on the planet if I couldn’t follow what I wrote on a piece of paper.

Again, don’t take this as a flame, I’m just telling you what goes on inside of my brain when it comes to diet, training, work, life, everything.

Not at all man... I completely get you.

Funny enough, I write everything down that I need to do for the day and check it off a list. Anything from work, to my TRT, to stretching, reading, my workout etc.. I don’t feel like my day is done unless I write it down and it’s checked off the list, got that from Joe Rogan lol

I guess I can write down my whole diet and if that’s not on the list then don’t touch it... But it’s just that temptation/addiction is so much stronger than anything I’ve ever dealt with. Like I said, I was deep into the party life and it was easier to quit and stay away from that than a piece of cake lol.. I just work all day, I eat good all day, train hard etc and then at the end of the day when all is accounted for just something in me goes for those cookies instead of another protein shake or banana or something lol..

Are the cookies for your kids or your wife/woman? If not, why are they in the house? If they are, then you just need to reach into your pants, grab your balls, and remind yourself that you’re still in charge of you.

Im just blown away that NOW is the first time you've really measuring or weighing your food lol

As far as sugar, I'm a fat kid at heart. I would rather have a cheat meal of a dozen donuts then a bomb burger and fries. Always been like that. But the only way I can confront that is a simple question of WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE.
do you want the 5 mins of happiness eating a cookie....5 mins and its gone.
OR, do you want to take your shirt off at the beach and be pumped with how you look....LONGER than 5 minutes.
You have to ask yourself that question and only you know the answer. It's as simple as will power.

Lmao I guess when I was younger I was able to get away with more in that sense. I was always somewhat lean, even when I was partying a lot (skinny genetics) and I would just make sure to have some protein with everything I ate but also I was using more AAS and things like Tren which I’m sure coupled with being young I was able to stay in better shape and the AAS would make up for the lack of “diet discipline”.. But I haven’t touched anything besides Test in years, except HGH like 2 years ago, but now at 30 it’s WAY harder to stay lean and in shape guessing with food and only being on TRT doses of Test. So yea that’s what made me actually start counting everything that goes in my mouth lol...

But you have a very good point and sometimes I’ll eat some bullshit and immediately feel like shit after and get in my head about it.. I definitely want to look a certain way that doesn’t have much room for all that garbage lol.. And it’s beach season all year round where I live too...

Are the cookies for your kids or your wife/woman? If not, why are they in the house? If they are, then you just need to reach into your pants, grab your balls, and remind yourself that you’re still in charge of you.

No no wife or kids.. Sometimes it’ll be at my parent’s house (I see them every day and I own a business with my dad so we’re always together and I eat dinner there almost every night) or my family will bake carrot cakes or Italian crostata etc and bring me some etc.. lol

But you’re right, it’s just a matter of saying no.. The funny thing is that I won’t go out of my way to buy anything, When I grocery shop I don’t buy any of that stuff, but if someone brings it to me or it’s around then I go crazy lol..

To be honest the older I get the more I lean towards if it fits your macros. Cut down on some of the rice/pasta other carbs and treat yourself once a day. Doesnt mean pig out on sweets but I bet you will find zero difference if you do this.

I eat chocolate everyday

sugar is a drug and for sure it is harder to stop eating shitty food then any other drug, though tobacco is a real mofo.
i can stop a z wk coke habbit no issue, oreos.... now thats hard!

i think the dude talking addiction has no idea wtf addicition is. so far nothing really mentioned here sounds too much like it. buncha habbits sure.

either way the answer is the same.
discipline!

There are two camps: IIFYM and CETF (can't eat trigger foods). Ok, I made that second one up, but seriously, I'm in that second group. If you're not one who can limit themselves to the 500 calories or so that's left in your discretionary calories to eat whatever, then don't eat any. NOT. ONE. BITE.

For some of us, eating tasty foods want us to eat MORE tasty foods.

Probably as addicting as heroin. Almost impossible to avoid as it's hidden in a huge number of foods that would surprise the shit outta most people. Just do your best to avoid the usual sugery treats and minimize it in your diet!

I could pound a box of fruit roll ups every other hour with a smile on my face. Which I think I did when the gym was closed.

Don’t follow a “diet”, don’t even call it a “diet”. If you’re a competitor or have a very specific short term goal then yea do all the macros and crap but if not just eat healthier and eat less....all set.

Won’t be long before you yourself don’t want to pig out and eat bad because you’ll feel like shit after and you know what, even bad food is okay sometimes.

You don’t have to torture yourself with a “diet” unless you have a specific reason for it. Just eat better and eat less and it won’t take long before it’s the norm.

Man I'm a sugar junkie (when I let myself be). But on diets in the last couple years, I don't have issues.

How did I solve this? Simple, clean diet, stick to it and don't cheat. Your palate will change after a week or so. Cravings will stop. Don't try to replace it with artificial sweeteners as they will just tease your addiction. And don't "reward yourself" as a taste of of a cookie will just restart the whole process again.

Basically, once I stop eating it, I stop craving it.

The catch of it is if you TRULY want to get away from cravings, it's probably best to stay away from artificial sweeteners, too. You know, that shit that makes you stay sane on a diet lol. But for many of us, that's what's necessary.

As for me, fuck that, I still allow myself what I want if I'm truly craving something. If I tell myself I can't have it, that's all I'm going to want. I just deal with the occasional cravings but still give in if I can fit it in. I think most would benefit from leniency in their diet, but only you can decide if you can handle it. I think the more strict you are, the more often you're going to end up binging. The "it started with a cookie" syndrome. One little tip is to have what you want as the last meal of the day, that way you can no excuse to just cheat for an entire day.

In my experience, a carb restrictive diet only make sugar cravings worse.
When I'm eating potatoes or rice every meal with lean protein, I'm A-OK and don't crave much.

IF and when i get crave something sweet—cream of rice/oats + whey + PB. Thats enough to curb the sweet. Oats are filling too.

There are two camps: IIFYM and CETF (can't eat trigger foods). Ok, I made that second one up, but seriously, I'm in that second group. If you're not one who can limit themselves to the 500 calories or so that's left in your discretionary calories to eat whatever, then don't eat any. NOT. ONE. BITE.

For some of us, eating tasty foods want us to eat MORE tasty foods.

Well that’s the thing, I have no problem limiting myself to those last 500 calories or so, sometimes it’s even less but sometimes it’s more. I definitely don’t go into the surplus though.. I just make sure I hit the 250g of protein a day and eat all healthy as possible, and if I have some calories left I finish it off with bullshit lol.. I just don’t know how bad this is effecting me to my goal, though my goal isn’t too serious of a physique.. I just want to be a little leaner and more muscular at the same weight I am now, but concentrated on functional fitness and being athletic.. I’m not trying to get into contest shape..

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws