YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gaining weight on a calorie deficit. Thoughts?

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My girl is on a calorie deficit; doing a low carb, high protein moderate fat diet.
start by losing 10 pounds, Plataued 2 weeks ago, dropped some calories, added 30 min cardio and suddenly she gained all the weight back and Some..

Works out 5 times a week. Glutes x2 week , quads x1. 2 HIT AND 3 moderate cardio a week. 1400 cal for what she was 166lb starting from 1600cals
Sleeps 6-7 hours a day.

she’s getting stronger; body composition is getting better. she feels bloated

I see everything she eats, she’s not cheating 100%. I never had trouble with anyone’s body but this girls body is making me think twice..

Does her body needs food to burn
? higher calories maybe ?
is her hormones off? Stress?
is she retaining that much water?
is she gaining muscle in a rapid rate? Super woman?

THOUGHTS? I’m losing it

Its physiologically impossible to gain weight without taking in more calories, unless it is all water. The law of conservation of mass. Matter can not be created or destroyed. If she somehow put on fat and/or muscle, resulting in body mass gain, it had to come from ingesting more calories.

If she's an experienced lifter at all, 1400 calories sounds low. If her metabolism has started to slow back a notch and that is combined with her NEAT levels plummeting because she's tired, then not only will her caloric expenditure crater but she'd also retain quite a bit of water and feel bloated.

What's happening is not working so there's no harm in throwing a wrench into it for a sec. I'd pull the HIIT, throw in carbs enough to get her to maintenance for two days then resume the plan and see how she's feeling and looking. If it's trending better, her energy balance is off enough to cause less activity overall.
Standard panel of blood work with thyroid and inflammation markers is always helpful, dieting or not.

She needs to get all her hormones checked like thyroid.

Also, check her body temperature throughout the day. If it's low, her metabolism is slower.

yes I agree with Nothuman ... is she taking hormonal contraception? My girl couldn't lose weight, but after stopping we lose weight and keep the metabolism running at 1700kcal

either she's retaining water

or she's cheating on her diet
NAILED IT ^^^^

Things I would do immediately
1. Have her log EVERYTHING she puts in her mouth
2. Make sure her water intake is pretty consistent
3. Make sure she has adequate sodium intake
4. Make sure her fiber intake is adequate DAILY
5. have her start tracking her daily step count (fitbit or smart phone) this itself will give you valuable information about her NEAT

NAILED IT ^^^^

Things I would do immediately
1. Have her log EVERYTHING she puts in her mouth
2. Make sure her water intake is pretty consistent
3. Make sure she has adequate sodium intake
4. Make sure her fiber intake is adequate DAILY
5. have her start tracking her daily step count (fitbit or smart phone) this itself will give you valuable information about her NEAT

she has a set diet day in day out. she’s not cheating.. I watch everything she eats. she’s doing everything you suggested..

If she's an experienced lifter at all, 1400 calories sounds low. If her metabolism has started to slow back a notch and that is combined with her NEAT levels plummeting because she's tired, then not only will her caloric expenditure crater but she'd also retain quite a bit of water and feel bloated.

What's happening is not working so there's no harm in throwing a wrench into it for a sec. I'd pull the HIIT, throw in carbs enough to get her to maintenance for two days then resume the plan and see how she's feeling and looking. If it's trending better, her energy balance is off enough to cause less activity overall.
Standard panel of blood work with thyroid and inflammation markers is always helpful, dieting or not.
That’s what I was thinking too.. Wer waiting on her blood work To come back

Its physiologically impossible to gain weight without taking in more calories, unless it is all water. The law of conservation of mass. Matter can not be created or destroyed. If she somehow put on fat and/or muscle, resulting in body mass gain, it had to come from ingesting more calories.
Lol true BUT she’s not ingesting more calories .. I’m mind fucked too

Is she taking any gear? I’ve heard similar experiences where a women has unexplainably started putting on weight, come to find out her var was actually dbol, or primo was actually test.

Lol true BUT she’s not ingesting more calories .. I’m mind fucked too
If she isn't eating more, sneaking snacks etc, then she is somehow burning fewer calories. If neither of those, it has to be water retention.

Is she taking any gear? I’ve heard similar experiences where a women has unexplainably started putting on weight, come to find out her var was actually dbol, or primo was actually test.

If she really isn't cheating on her diet (which I do doubt) it is likely this.

If she really isn't cheating on her diet (which I do doubt) it is likely this.
That would explain fluid retention. Water and glycogen in the muscles.

I can only echo what people have already said.

But with that....girl's bodies are a biiitch man. Water retention, their period and ovulation, thyroid slow down....all of it fucks with their scale. I would just be sure to log everything and take weekly AVERAGES...don't look at it day by day....take an average of the week and compare it to the next weekly average.
If your girl looks at it every day, she'll go nuts (and you probably will to) not understanding WTF is going on. But daily fluctuations happen with fluid intake, how much she pees, all that.
Weekly average it.

she has a set diet day in day out. she’s not cheating.. I watch everything she eats. she’s doing everything you suggested..

yeah i hear you. my buddy had the same issue with his girl... she's 5'6 and 250lbs.

he even had her on DNP and she wasn't losing any weight.

he saw everything she ate too even though they worked in different parts of the city.

your girl is probably just getting taller.

she constipated? i know a chick takes 4 pound dumps

she’s getting stronger; body composition is getting better. she feels bloated

When you say "bloated" do you mean like water retention bloated or bloated in the stomach.??
My training partner was steady losing about 1 pound every 10 days for 6 weeks during her prep eating pretty much there same stuff she had been eating all off season just a little less and nothing off plan then suddenly she stopped losing and gain a couple pounds and held it for 2 weeks.!!
We incorporated a little more cardio and reduced 150 calories and after 10 days nothing budged but she was definitely bloated in her stomach. She did a 24hr fast and felt way better then did a week of PSMF and was making great progress. When we added carbs back , boom stomach bloated. We narrowed it down to the oats and brown rice she was have for meal 1-2. We swapped those carbs for fruit and everything went back to normal. Now any time she eats oats she gets terrible gas and stomach bloat even though she had eaten them for years.
I think her body just built an intolerance or something to them.

So maybe look at her diet and change one thing at a time , a protein powder , protein or carb source ect.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131