over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question About High SHBG and Elevated LH

lookslikesausage

Registered

Lifestyle: Fairly active, plenty of exercise, bf 12-15%, no drugs or alcohol, haven't touched gear in 15 years, 6'1/185

Meds: Wellbutrin, Naltrexone, Finasteride/Propecia

I've had high levels of SHBG for a few years now. My doctor and i suspect it's due to using Finasteride, which i've been on for the last ten years because i'm paranoid about hair. This last batch of bloodwork, for the first time reveals a high LH level. I'm worried because a friend of mine says this could be low T in the mail and that i might need it sooner rather than later. My wife (wants to get pregnant) is worried that i might be infertile but i doubt that as it seems like a worst case scenario.

My friend also thinks i should consider asking my doctor about possible obtaining a script for GH as he believes i could have a chance being that my IGF-1 is in the low range (in his opinion). He and I both believe it could be beneficial for me at this point due to age, activity level, ongoing injuries, and of course the anti-aging. Will the doc prescribe it? Might be a long shot but for the time being, my concern is about the high LH (new problem) and SHBG (old problem). Is it likely from Finasteride? If not, what do you think it could be from and what could solve the problem?

Labs:

Luteinizing Hormone - 9.4 REF(1.5-9.3)

FSH - 11.3 REF(1.4-18.1)

SHBG - 72 REF(10-57)

Total Testosterone - 747.67 REF(123.06-813.86)

Free Testosterone (calculated) - 9.40 REF(3.50-15.50)

Free Test % - 1.3 REF(1.0-2.7)

IGF-1 - 121 REF(109-284)

Estradiol - 31 REF(<=40)

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Forgive me if I’m wrong...but if your LH and FSH are high you’re in no danger of being sterile. That means you’re making hella sperm and your T levels are high af for a natty 38 yr old. Which is no coincidence if your LH #’s are high like they are.
I base this off my LH and FSH #’s from being on test the last 13 years. My LH is almost zero and my FSH # are below the “low” threshold.

I have however still successfully had 2 children with these numbers and no doc or med intervention. I too take finasteride. I don’t think it affects the LH/FSH. Just your free T and SHBG.

I just read that you don’t in fact take TRT. You’re numbers are ELITE for a 38 yr old. You’re prime for making a baby and you’re natty T levels are at level in which a conservative doc would NOT prescribe you TRT.

I just read that you don’t in fact take TRT. You’re numbers are ELITE for a 38 yr old. You’re prime for making a baby and you’re natty T levels are at level in which a conservative doc would NOT prescribe you TRT.
Thanks very much Nokturn

Do you eat Keto as a lifestyle? Low insulin drives up SHBG and vice versa. Type 1 diabetics have very high SHBG while type 2 have very low SHBG normally.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131