Growing during a diet

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
something I see happening, and I tend to prefer to do things this way.

Offseason, use low dose (4-6iu) of growth hormone, use TRT type doses (if really advanced physique who has been using AAS more many years) or just plain out coming off (newer type lifters and AAS users). Less advanced individuals use a couple small offseason cycles to help with the added growth they are going to need to even compete at a state level comp. More advanced guys TRT and use the increased food level to build your offseason strength to its peak level and build your caloric ceiling as high as possible. Then when you diet down hit the gas peddle, slightly reduce calories, add a small amount of cardio and do your best to maintain the strength level you got to offseason or sometimes build upon it until bodyfat levels make that dangerous.
Seen this classic guys post on IG who I noticed made serious progress during his diet phase for a show, this can be done by just about anyone if planned wisely

20200820_104608.jpg 20200820_104643.jpg

A difference of only 5 lbs. 👏 😮

something I see happening, and I tend to prefer to do things this way.

Offseason, use low dose (4-6iu) of growth hormone, use TRT type doses (if really advanced physique who has been using AAS more many years) or just plain out coming off (newer type lifters and AAS users). Less advanced individuals use a couple small offseason cycles to help with the added growth they are going to need to even compete at a state level comp. More advanced guys TRT and use the increased food level to build your offseason strength to its peak level and build your caloric ceiling as high as possible. Then when you diet down hit the gas peddle, slightly reduce calories, add a small amount of cardio and do your best to maintain the strength level you got to offseason or sometimes build upon it until bodyfat levels make that dangerous.
Seen this classic guys post on IG who I noticed made serious progress during his diet phase for a show, this can be done by just about anyone if planned wisely

Love it.

"Less advanced individuals use a couple small offseason cycles to help with the added growth they are going to need to even compete at a state level comp"

Just curious, what kind of small off-season cycle would you recommend for these people?

Love it.

"Less advanced individuals use a couple small offseason cycles to help with the added growth they are going to need to even compete at a state level comp"

Just curious, what kind of small off-season cycle would you recommend for these people?
That depends on your past AAS usage, if you came out the gate with large cycles then your offseason cycle is going to be much higher dosages.
For average guys I help, most run around 500mg test, 250-500mg deca and eat like a starving alpha lion 😆

also the guys that don't get overly fat in the offseason and save the super cycles for diet time seem way less likely to develop gyno in my experience.

I'm friends with that young man and I would add that he trains like someone literally has a gun to his closest loved ones' head.

The work ethic of that young man is something that has to be seen to be believed. Hard labor job all day, squatting (ass to ankles) 405+ for 20s at under 200 lbs. in the afternoon.

Line another recent thread, the things that set him apart are brutally hard work and unfailing adherence to his nutritional programming.

Good post. Thoughts on volume during cutting? I've found low volume heavy training to be best for retaining muscle. Is there a point in your opinion where too much cardio can cut into growth?

I'm friends with that young man and I would add that he trains like someone literally has a gun to his closest loved ones' head.

The work ethic of that young man is something that has to be seen to be believed. Hard labor job all day, squatting (ass to ankles) 405+ for 20s at under 200 lbs. in the afternoon.

Line another recent thread, the things that set him apart are brutally hard work and unfailing adherence to his nutritional programming.

Aikman, just curious, how tall is the guy in the picture (kpfitness23)?

Easy really

He was clearly off AAS in the left and on the right is on

that's 10lb of bodyweight added (muscle,water, glycogen)

take 15lb fat off and add 10lb muscle gives you the 5lb weight difference

Easy really

geeeez, that explaination isnt fun at all
(and prob fairly accurate)
i have always believed in "grow into the show" and adding more compounds was always part of that. so i'd say there is def some merit to your post.
i am sure diet changed too tho.
-F

Easy really

Lol, simple huh? Then why doesn't everyone do this? Shit I'm pretty smart but I drop about 30 lbs when I diet down, and that guy was smooth as fuck before dieting.

Good post. Thoughts on volume during cutting? I've found low volume heavy training to be best for retaining muscle. Is there a point in your opinion where too much cardio can cut into growth?
Training - stick with whatever built the mass you have, right before dieting do a short deload or take some time off the gym, then start the diet and go back to trying to beat the log book till you are crispy lean, then be smart about your training and just keep intensity high.
Cardio- only use it as a tool, use it to help achieve a slight calorie deficit and that's it, people use cardio like a fucking crutch then cant figure out why they were so stringy on stage (they assume they didn't carb load enough LOL).

Brad,
Where do you suggest taking the GH when not 'offseason low dose 4-6iu'?

Great post @b-boy thanks

Are you still a low carb guy when cutting? I've found my calorie ceiling, almost to the point of spillover. It's around 3600, higher than that by a bit, really. Getting just a little spillover now, so time to pull back. Do you alternate growing periods and use higher carbs when you can to take advantage, then pull back with lower carbs to maintain insulin sensitivity? That's sorta my plan.

Brad,
Where do you suggest taking the GH when not 'offseason low dose 4-6iu'?
If your older 45+ then 3-6iu is all you should ever need. I personally use 6 when I want to grow
Younger guys going all out 6-10iu is sufficient if you have good gh.

Great post @b-boy thanks

Are you still a low carb guy when cutting? I've found my calorie ceiling, almost to the point of spillover. It's around 3600, higher than that by a bit, really. Getting just a little spillover now, so time to pull back. Do you alternate growing periods and use higher carbs when you can to take advantage, then pull back with lower carbs to maintain insulin sensitivity? That's sorta my plan.
I go back and forth between keto and medium carbs (200-300 grams). I go through periods of growing while dieting where I incorporate medium carbs then switch to a pure fat loss goal and go keto. When i need to drop fat especially stubborn fat i use keto and use my fats as a lever. I like to keep good metabolic flexibility thus switching between the two, i want my body to be able to use either fuel source easily. Thus why I never struggle to get into ketosis after coming off a medium carb diet, it takes me about 3 days to get i to a good state of ketosis and I never feel like shit because its an easy switch for my body.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131