over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sinus congestion

I'm lucky to not have any real nasal issues but my wife has them pretty bad. She uses Xyzal, Flonase, Olopatadine and Singular daily and will get a raging sinus infection about once every 3 months that can require 2-3 rounds of antibiotics.

I am not against using additives in nasal irrigation, but I would hesitate to use shampoo. Surfactants and thin mucosa seem problematic. Have you ever tried Alkanol for irrigation? My wife uses it when hers gets bad and its preserved so any residual left in the sinuses has low chance for microbial growth. Also, NAC has biofilm disrupting properties. If you're flushing with shampoo a little NAC doesn't seem too crazy.

I used to have chronic sinus infections as well. Probably 10 or so years ago I found about a Gentamicin nasal rinse they were using at Mayo Clinic. Its 80mg/L and you simply take 20 ml and put it in a bulb syringe and lie on your side and put it in your nostril, let it sit 30 seconds, and sit up and let it drain out and switch sides and repeat. I do that in the morning and evening after my nasal irrigation. I have not had a sinus infection since. Gentamicin is an antibiotic and while toxic to the kidneys, none of it is absorbed systemically(besides it microdosed) and any compounding pharmacy can make up the solution with a Rx.

I'm lucky to not have any real nasal issues but my wife has them pretty bad. She uses Xyzal, Flonase, Olopatadine and Singular daily and will get a raging sinus infection about once every 3 months that can require 2-3 rounds of antibiotics.

I am not against using additives in nasal irrigation, but I would hesitate to use shampoo. Surfactants and thin mucosa seem problematic. Have you ever tried Alkanol for irrigation? My wife uses it when hers gets bad and its preserved so any residual left in the sinuses has low chance for microbial growth. Also, NAC has biofilm disrupting properties. If you're flushing with shampoo a little NAC doesn't seem too crazy.

I would not worry about baby shampoo and infact if she is getting sinus infections that regularly id strongly consider it. Id have to look up NAC and biofilms but ill take your word on it so if it does do that well then it may be useful but johnsons baby shampoo has been probably the best things i have ever done to help my breathing even more so then azelastine. I get no irritation and it stopped my frequent sinus infections. I used to get infections them 3 times a year requring 21 days of abx and i havent had one in two years-ish.

Baby shampoo really isnt that tough on the mucosa... i wouldnt suggest like dawn dish soap lol, although i did see a study looking at detergents for nasal irrigation and they ofcourse worked the best with short term results but that may be a bit much

I used to have chronic sinus infections as well. Probably 10 or so years ago I found about a Gentamicin nasal rinse they were using at Mayo Clinic. Its 80mg/L and you simply take 20 ml and put it in a bulb syringe and lie on your side and put it in your nostril, let it sit 30 seconds, and sit up and let it drain out and switch sides and repeat. I do that in the morning and evening after my nasal irrigation. I have not had a sinus infection since. Gentamicin is an antibiotic and while toxic to the kidneys, none of it is absorbed systemically(besides it microdosed) and any compounding pharmacy can make up the solution with a Rx.

That sounds better then gotgame getting fed up one night years ago and adding crushed augmentin and cipro to a saline rinse lol This was before i learned about baby shampoo. In my defense i was desperate to breath normally and oral abx wasnt helping. I did read one study that didnt show any signfiicant benefit to nasal abx but in my mind i thought it could work and i still think it could be helpful.

Soo much dust gets caught in a good air purifier and you can only imagine how much you are breathing in before. So many guys are lazy and dont clean out the prefilters or change the hepa filters regularly. I clean all the air filters in my house each weekend when im cleaning up and i change the hepa filters every 2-3 months.

If you are trying to save money and cant really filter all the air in your house then just get a good air filter for your bedroom, leave it on low all the time and keep door closed. You will be spending quite a few hours in there so you want clean air at night.

And for those using CPAPs, make sure you change the air filter in it regularly. Compare a new one to one that's been used for 30 days and you'll be shocked.

Thanks for the response GotGame. Im so glad you brought up this topic as this is something I've been dealing with for YEARS and had basically given up on.

As for the turbinates, Afrin definitely does help. Its the only time i can breathe normally (and without effort as I then have to open my mouth). I'll definitely pick up a 20cc syringe and start this protocol. I'm hoping this helps. Is it something you do once in the morning and then once at night?

I need to pick up some FLonase soon. I've tried it so many times and personally, i feel it does nothing, but i just keep using it hoping for some effect. Is the Azelastine a better option? I mean, i'mn definitely going to order both.

Thank u for the help man.

Sometimes surgery is needed but if you are responding to afrin its most likely your turbinates and not your deviated septum. Lets say you were to use 3 sprays of afrin in each nostril...are you breathing VERY good after? If so then its your turbinates as the primary issue and not your septum. If you had a turbinate reduction you can mostly likey expect the results to be as if you just took a few sprays of afrin.

If you do respond to the afrin i suggest using an 2x a day nasal irrigation protocol with salt and baby shampoo. Also pickup some azelastine spray and use that 2 sprays each nostril 2x a day...its a script so you may need your dr to pick it up for you or acquire via other means like overseas. Along with that keep up with the flonase. If in about 2 weeks ur significantly better you can try taking a short blast of oral predinose just to knock out that last bit of inflammation and then maintain in with the protocol.

If that doesnt work then look into a turb reduction. After you have the reduction though id still do that protocol but less aggressively that way you dont have to have surgery again.

Thanks for the response GotGame. Im so glad you brought up this topic as this is something I've been dealing with for YEARS and had basically given up on.

As for the turbinates, Afrin definitely does help. Its the only time i can breathe normally (and without effort as I then have to open my mouth). I'll definitely pick up a 20cc syringe and start this protocol. I'm hoping this helps. Is it something you do once in the morning and then once at night?

I need to pick up some FLonase soon. I've tried it so many times and personally, i feel it does nothing, but i just keep using it hoping for some effect. Is the Azelastine a better option? I mean, i'mn definitely going to order both.

Thank u for the help man.

FLonase in my opinion is not great at reducing inflammation for already enlarged and angry turbinates but its good to help prevent them from getting inflammed.

You need to knock out the inflammation and get the turbs smaller and then use a combination of things to keep them that way.

I often irrigate gently in the morning and night although sometimes its just the evening. Id start twice daily in your case.

If i had to compare azelastine to flonase id say azelastine is certainly better at helping already inflammed turbs but they are great when used together to help keep things under control.

If the irrigaion and azelastine isnt enough to drop down the inflammation you can consider a short course of orals steroids (prednisone not dbol..i need to clarify on this board lol).

Id also consider daily zyrtec in the morning at least for a few weeks even if you start feeling better.

If the afrin helped then there is certainly hope at being able to improve breathing via non surgical means. If its purely structural afrin would not have an adequate response. Howeve sometimes the things we discussed just arent enough an you will need a turb reduction. It can be done under local if anesthesia gives you pause but general anes would be preferred by most.

I'm going to save this thread, it is going to help a shit-ton, and it's one of the best non-aas/bb posts i've seen around.

Will need to find a way for acquiring azelastine. The other stuff i'll need to implement anyway, especially with 2 young kids, the time of the years righjt now out here in Cali, and there is a shit-ton of dust everywhere out here where I live....not including the ash floating in the sky from the fires.

I'm going to save this thread, it is going to help a shit-ton, and it's one of the best non-aas/bb posts i've seen around.

Will need to find a way for acquiring azelastine. The other stuff i'll need to implement anyway, especially with 2 young kids, the time of the years righjt now out here in Cali, and there is a shit-ton of dust everywhere out here where I live....not including the ash floating in the sky from the fires.

I used to get it from ADC(alldaychemist); quit taking it a few years back when I had a weird reaction to it.

Another thing you guys can try is getting 2% mupirocin ointment. Put alittle into each nostril for 2 weeks after nasal rinsing. I was told to use it after my turbinate reduction surgery. Then when I did some more research, I came across people having success using this to treat their sinusitis if it was most likely caused by staphylococcus aureus.

Being congested at night and being an obligate mouthbreather is just poor for your health and heart. if you are most congested when laying down its most likely your turbinates becoming swollen.

Ive also noticed that some guys report increased congestion when on GH. Im not sure if its from some fluid retention or due other reasons but some guys swear that when on GH there congestion gets bad and resolved a few days after stopping.

+1

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner