over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Been a while but I have a lawyer!

2elbows

Registered
Been a while since I made a post here.
My life was turned upside down last October when I had unexpected back surgery. If you read some of my old posts it went wrong right from the get go.
I went to a world renowned hospital and had the worst results.

My lifting days are not over but seriously limited. I now walk with a cane. My quads used to be 27" even at 51 years old. Now my left quad is 23" and my right quad is 21"
The surgeon f'ed up nerves in my back at l3\l4\l5 that control movement in my right quad and below the knee into the calf.

Been a real bummer because I was prepping for a senior competition.

SO! I went and had 2nd and 3rd opinions. They agreed the original surgeon caused my problems.
I went to around a half dozen highly rated attorneys. They all wanted the case.
I settled on the guy who is supposed to be the top in these kinds of law suits in Phoenix AZ.
The figure is $4 million for a host of reasons. He says they will settle and we have figure we will take.

Money wont makeup for what I lost but at the very least I'll have some satisfaction. Been a long 11 months.

Just a update.

Hang in there brother and always keep fighting the good fight. It's part of life that bad things happen to all of us no matter how well we prepare to avert it or how hard we work but as long as we continue to fight and struggle against the odds..there are always good things that come after adversity and patience always has a huge reward. I have confidence that over time..you will regain your leg power, strength and size because you are the kind of people that do not give up and this is what defines you and what you are. Take it one day at a time...

Geez...sorry to hear. What was the surgery you went in for that caused all of the nerve damage (fusion, laminectomy, discectomy)?

Exactly why I wouldn't want to be in the medical field, you get into a profession to help others, go to school for several years, help hundreds if not thousands of people, than you make a mistake( which naturally all humans do), and some dickwad sues you LOL. Reminds me of when someone gets saved trying to commit suicide, gets injured, and than sues the rescuer.

Sazo---so if this were you..you'd just let it slide?
If ur wife went in for a procedure and they 'accidentally' made it so she couldn't reproduce--she'd be a dickwad for suing?
Accidents happen--yeah.
And reparations are made.
Good luck 2elbows!

@sazo75 You sound like a bright bulb. I should be left a partial cripple and they just walk away from a "mistake" that ruined my life.
Sounds fair.

dont worry about sazo, sounds like he knows fuck all, it does not matter if doc does a great job a 1000 times before you bottom line sounds like he fucked you up, when i was in the military those dumb shits had me where i could not walk for almost 2 fucking years, i went to a top civilian doc, and showed him the work they did via my x-rays and he almost laughed, i told him what they wanted to do for a 3rd surgery, he said if they do that you will be in a wheelchair before you are 40 and you will remain it for the rest of your life, so fuck yeah if i could have sued i would have been the dickwad because i would sued the fuck out of them but i could not.

2elbows you're lucky you live in Arizona. 33 states have Tort Reform, Arizona doesn't, and despite what a jury may award you, the amount is capped at $250k. In 2017 Doug Doucy sought to implement Tort Reform for Arizona but it hasn't happened yet! I can tell you this, the process will be drawn out and talk about it now because you'll have to sign a non disclosure and non disparagement clause upon settlement.

Exactly why I wouldn't want to be in the medical field, you get into a profession to help others, go to school for several years, help hundreds if not thousands of people, than you make a mistake( which naturally all humans do), and some dickwad sues you LOL. Reminds me of when someone gets saved trying to commit suicide, gets injured, and than sues the rescuer.

Some dickwad? The guy is permanently damaged due to negligence. He's obviously not milking the system. How small minded are you? Yes doctors make mistakes and that's what insurance is for. His career isn't over but there needs to be consequences for permanently injuring someone.

For those that haven't heard this before, check out the Dr. Death story. You'll be stunned!

https://wondery.com/shows/dr-death/

BIO thanks for the reply and all the support and advice you gave me through this. My lawyer knows all that other stuff. Speaking of Douchey he will be voted out soon enough.
Yea man I had 2 other surgeons look me over. Response was WTF did she do to you.
You are the man your stories are much worse than mine. Sad part is that the worst is not over. I need more surgery I may just live with it who is to say.

BIO thanks for the reply and all the support and advice you gave me through this. My lawyer knows all that other stuff. Speaking of Douchey he will be voted out soon enough.
Yea man I had 2 other surgeons look me over. Response was WTF did she do to you.
You are the man your stories are much worse than mine. Sad part is that the worst is not over. I need more surgery I may just live with it who is to say.

If there is a revision surgery they can do, please see another qualified spine only doctor and get fixed. You're too young to be in this condition and it can keep getting worse with the nerve damage...the sooner the better before the nerve damage becomes permanent!

That's fucking dumb dude

There are professions that have room for zero big human error,

Law enforcement, aviation, doctor, etc

**EDIT** - NOT STARTING THAT CONVERSATION HERE!

I'm curious who the surgeon was; PM me if you don't want to post it in public. I'm guessing the surgery was at Barrows?

Last edited by a moderator:
**EDIT** - NOT STARTING THAT CONVERSATION HERE!

I'm curious who the surgeon was; PM me if you don't want to post it in public. I'm guessing the surgery was at Barrows?

He was referring to the fact that in 2017 Doucy started pushing for Tort Reform which, like 33 other states, severely limits a financial recovery due to malpractice. In most states with Tort Reform it's capped at $250k even if you're maimed for life.

Always 3 sides to a story......his side, her side and then the truth.
We are only hearing his side
I've had 10 back surgeries ( can provide pics of X-rays) and my surgeon has always explained the risks involved. I don't have feeling in my lower back from the nerve block they used on my 2nd to last surgery. I knew the risk going in.
I've gone to other orthopedic surgeons for additional advice on all of my surgeries and they have all expressed the same concerns and risks.
Something doesn't fly with the OP's story.

I live in AZ he didn't get the name Douchey until recently. **EDIT**

2elbows and I communicated via PM, a conversation you weren't privy to. He may also call him Douchey for other reasons but those reasons and the lawsuit you're talking about won't be discussed in this thread! Let's stick to the topic!!

Yes. I know there is fraud but my story is not fraud.

I don't believe when he mentioned malpractice insurance he meant you or the Dr were being fraudulent. More that whatever settlement or award you receive will be paid by the malpractice insurance company not out of the physician's pocket.

Unfortunate case for sure. I do see both sides. There is risk even if 1% risk. And no human is perfect whether they try or we'd like. Not Dr's, LEO or pilots. There is a big difference though between "mistake" and "negligence". All that being said it's terrible what happened to you and I wish it on no one. I don't blame you for getting counsel and whatever settlement or award you receive I am sure you are more than entitled to for what you have and will go through. Hopefully you continue to recover and find some peace/positivity mentally after all is said and done legally.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear