over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestion Issues

Brock456

Registered
Newbies
Couple weeks ago I adjusted my diet and started eating every 2-3 hours strictly even setting my alarm. Mostly a protein (chicken, steak, ground beef) and rice.

Around the same time (I think?) I started having issues like acid reflux then nausea in morning, upset stomach, loss of appetite, diarrhea, etc.

Saw a gastro who prescribed me Omeperazole which took care of the acid reflux but was still having diarrhea and some naseau in morning.

Bloods were normal, ultra sound was normal, and endoscopy showed normal.

The current issues are Upset stomach almost daily and diarrhea some days. Only on TRT. Also taking a probiotic. Think I’m going to extend my eating to every 3 hours. Maybe I’m not giving enough time to digest with only 2 hours.

Anyone else ever have similar issues?

What and how often were you eating before you started eating "Mostly a protein (chicken, steak, ground beef) and rice" ??

Been having similar issues. I try to identify certain foods that cause this, bloated etc. I do a less then 100g carb diet, med fats, high pro. Doing ACV in AM as well. I used to have cast iron stomach but as i got older shit changed

You may have low stomach acid release. When your body doesn't register a low enough PH it doesn't release the counter chemicals (basically sodium bicarbonate) and reflux follows. The Omeperazole makes it worse but relieves symptoms. Might be worth trying Betaine HCL to lower stomach PH with meals.

I had all these issues after catching parasites.

Eating every 2-3 hours isn't for everyone, but like many things that aren't for everyone in bodybuilding it somehow became the rule.

Eat on a schedule that works for you, whether it's 8 meals or 3 meals in a day. I've done 4 meals a day for years and it's taken me from 200lbs. lean to 270lbs. lean and I'm no genetic freak.

If you're not taking a fiber supplement, start taking one. It'll help keep everything moving through you, particularly if your move to eating every 2-3 hours included increasing your daily calories.

You may have low stomach acid release. When your body doesn't register a low enough PH it doesn't release the counter chemicals (basically sodium bicarbonate) and reflux follows. The Omeperazole makes it worse but relieves symptoms. Might be worth trying Betaine HCL to lower stomach PH with meals.

I had all these issues after catching parasites.

Hmm I might try this. I don’t think an endoscopy would pick that up either....

You had the same issues and this helped?

Eating every 2-3 hours isn't for everyone, but like many things that aren't for everyone in bodybuilding it somehow became the rule.

Eat on a schedule that works for you, whether it's 8 meals or 3 meals in a day. I've done 4 meals a day for years and it's taken me from 200lbs. lean to 270lbs. lean and I'm no genetic freak.

If you're not taking a fiber supplement, start taking one. It'll help keep everything moving through you, particularly if your move to eating every 2-3 hours included increasing your daily calories.

The main purpose was bc my eating schedule just wasn’t working for me anymore. I don’t think I could ever reach 270 lean with only 4 meals a day.

I’m going to look into the fiber supp and Betaine hcl.

Hmm I might try this. I don’t think an endoscopy would pick that up either....

You had the same issues and this helped?

Yes, the parasite did a number on my digestive system. I took Betaine for about 3-4 years before I started healing completely. Most start with 1-2 pills and I needed 6 for comparison. I was super messed up though.

Before you try anything else try this first...figure out a way to prop up the head of your bed around 4-6". This can be done with a few bricks or some cut up/stacked pieces of 2x4. The elevated HOB position will prevent GERD/reflux while you sleep. Another thing to consider is to try to avoid eating/drinking anything 2-3 hours prior to going to sleep. I know your goal is to keep the calories optimized to maximize protein synthesis but laying down with a belly full of undigested food or a protein drink is a bad idea long-term as your esophagus will erode due to acid reflux. I've suffered with GERD due to a hiatal hernia for years now. I do take Omeprazole 20mg/day to reduce acid production but the above 2 changes have made a huge quality of life improvement in my health. With severe GERD you can actually aspirate acid/food that can then lead to respiratory infections and bronchitis. Esophageal erosion over time can change the cell structure of the lining of your esophagus setting you up for esophageal cancer.

Calories in vs. calories out

Don't worry about eating every two hours, eat when you want! If you can't get the calories in three meals then try 4 if not 4 then try five. No need to eat by a clock, a wise man taught me (Phil Hernon) to EAT WHEN HUNGRY, if your not hungry then your not anabolic, that is the problem you need to look in to (training, recovery, diet, gear).

Also maybe once a week try fasting for about 16 hours to give your poor digestive system a freaking break.

If you are training hard as fuck, got your gear and hormones dialed in, sleeping good, then you should be HUNGRY AS HELL

What was you diet like before ?

Great post as usual daniel!

The main purpose was bc my eating schedule just wasn’t working for me anymore. I don’t think I could ever reach 270 lean with only 4 meals a day.

I’m going to look into the fiber supp and Betaine hcl.

Why couldn't you?

Couple weeks ago I adjusted my diet and started eating every 2-3 hours strictly even setting my alarm. Mostly a protein (chicken, steak, ground beef) and rice.

Around the same time (I think?) I started having issues like acid reflux then nausea in morning, upset stomach, loss of appetite, diarrhea, etc.

Saw a gastro who prescribed me Omeperazole which took care of the acid reflux but was still having diarrhea and some naseau in morning.

Bloods were normal, ultra sound was normal, and endoscopy showed normal.

The current issues are Upset stomach almost daily and diarrhea some days. Only on TRT. Also taking a probiotic. Think I’m going to extend my eating to every 3 hours. Maybe I’m not giving enough time to digest with only 2 hours.

Anyone else ever have similar issues?
It’s too much fat to digest in the red meat! I can’t eat again until about 4 hours after eating lean red meat. Change over to eating or drinking liquid egg whites and space meals 3-4 hours a part. Also, I have found L-Glutamine helps with digestive issues. I take 5 grams daily before breakfast mixed in Powerade zero. That's one scoop! My theory is this- the most abundant amino acid found in the body is glutamine. This amino acid is what protects the inner lining of the stomach. Anabolic steroid steal needed glutamine from the stomach in order to repair muscle tissue and the stomach suffers as a results. Also, if you’re trying to gain weight, you might need to take an over-the-counter anti-acid for heart burn before breakfast. If that’s not enough, take another before your last meal of the day. And try to avoid protein shakes. Eat low sugar yogurt instead.

It’s too much fat to digest in the red meat! I can’t eat again until about 4 hours after eating lean red meat. Change over to eating or drinking liquid egg whites and space meals 3-4 hours a part. Also, I have found L-Glutamine helps with digestive issues. I take 5 grams daily before breakfast mixed in Powerade zero. That's one scoop! My theory is this- the most abundant amino acid found in the body is glutamine. This amino acid is what protects the inner lining of the stomach. Anabolic steroid steal needed glutamine from the stomach in order to repair muscle tissue and the stomach suffers as a results. Also, if you’re trying to gain weight, you might need to take an over-the-counter anti-acid for heart burn before breakfast. If that’s not enough, take another before your last meal of the day. And try to avoid protein shakes. Eat low sugar yogurt instead.
Switch from eating lean red meat to egg whites....FUCK THAT!

thats like saying switch from testosterone to an over the counter test booster 😆 🤣

Switch from eating lean red meat to egg whites....FUCK THAT!

thats like saying switch from testosterone to an over the counter test booster 😆 🤣
Saturated fat from eating a lot of red meat leads to early heart disease and you’ll gain too much body fat unless your an ecto. One serving of lean red meat daily should be okay,but not a lot. Egg whites are the healthiest protein choice.

Before you try anything else try this first...figure out a way to prop up the head of your bed around 4-6". This can be done with a few bricks or some cut up/stacked pieces of 2x4. The elevated HOB position will prevent GERD/reflux while you sleep. Another thing to consider is to try to avoid eating/drinking anything 2-3 hours prior to going to sleep. I know your goal is to keep the calories optimized to maximize protein synthesis but laying down with a belly full of undigested food or a protein drink is a bad idea long-term as your esophagus will erode due to acid reflux. I've suffered with GERD due to a hiatal hernia for years now. I do take Omeprazole 20mg/day to reduce acid production but the above 2 changes have made a huge quality of life improvement in my health. With severe GERD you can actually aspirate acid/food that can then lead to respiratory infections and bronchitis. Esophageal erosion over time can change the cell structure of the lining of your esophagus setting you up for esophageal cancer.
You can get that problem fixed with surgery.

I see your on a probiotic, but what about digestive enzymes? Does anyone believe these can work?

I eat six meals a day and have zero problems with most meals, but im lactose intolerant and very sensitive to dairy. However my favorites are yogurt, cottage cheese, and milk which results in some tremendous bloat and usually a violent eruption from my butthole the following morning. I just started vitamin shoppes speciality digestive enzymes before each meal. They certainly arent cheap so i hope they do something.

I really like bboys idea of possibly fasting once a week. I think my digestion could use this because sometimes i feel like im putting the food down faster than i can process it. I feel like a reset could be pretty helpful. I'm going to try it.

OP it's never a good idea to go from 0-60

Saturated fat from eating a lot of red meat leads to early heart disease and you’ll gain too much body fat unless your an ecto. One serving of lean red meat daily should be okay,but not a lot. Egg whites are the healthiest protein choice.

Buddy, stay in your lane

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner