over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The one thing I miss about bodybuilding

maximus88

Newbies
Feeling amazing.

I never competed in bodybuilding. I was really successful in powerlifting and after, modeling and recreational bodybuilding. Nonetheless for this discussion it's the same.

The nagging injuries and tendonitis got old. The high blood pressure (and probably other issues) got old. The constant food. Scaring away decent women to the point that only really damaged girls were into it..Overanalyzing things in such a vain and one-dimensional pursuit got really old. The temporary gains also really bothered me (only applies past a certain point, you know what I mean).

I learned to stay in shape but focus more on health. By training smart, eating clean, and doing more cardio (and other hobbies) I still haven't lost everything and I am in a much better place mentally. I think.

Ive seen and done so many amazing things that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.. I'm not obsessed with how I look. Not only do I rarely look in a mirror, but when I do, even though I'm 40 lbs lighter, I see everything positive and don't see anything that I wish was different. I don't want to be the biggest or strongest guy around. MMA and firearms changed my perspective on all that.

Now maybe I've just become more conservative and mature as I've gotten older. And maybe the pandemic has me missing how things used to be.

But I miss the mental feeling of being completely elated and feeling like a god on earth... Of all the positive things I've done lately, that mental and physical feeling seems like a lifetime ago and I want it back.

I intend to get back into TRT and sometimes just slightly above that. Back into heavier weights after these many months of at-home bodyweight and kettlebell movements. I don't want to be where I once was. Maybe a more balanced form. Maybe even much closer to that than I am now. Not sure.

Maybe I'm just waxing nostalgic, but with the pandemic and chaos in this country, I'm wondering if perhaps I've fallen into the trap of trying to eek out as many years as possible, with only a completely moderate enjoyment. That wasn't my goal. Shit, all my injuries still hurt the same. I'm not as excited as I used to be.

Questions for all, let me know what you think:

Maybe it is really better to live as a lion for a day than a sheep for eternity?

TL/DR.. If one really wants to live every day as if it's their last (and has no dependents) I may be doing it wrong.

All I have to say is that facing death brings even the bravest of all men to their knees. I think an intelligent person should do all they can to avoid it. My views have changed as I aged and of course had my heart attack and now have to live with heart failure.

Feeling amazing never lasts, no matter what you do, stay on or stay off. Nothing gold can stay. You can't live on a mountaintop forever.

But you make the best of it you can, in whatever way seems and feels best to you.

In the end we all come to the same ending anyway, so you might as well enjoy your time here under the sun, while you are still living.

The young strong man will say Lion.
The older wiser man would say longevity.

I think the answer for
most of us is somewhere in between.

The young strong man will say Lion.
The older wiser man would say longevity.

I think the answer for
most of us is somewhere in between.

That's the smart approach. A false dichotomy certainly is a trap for young men.

As old outlaws used to tell me as a kid; "try not to break more than one law at a time."

We all have our own outlooks, goals and responsibilities. So you're right, we should all try to fall somewhere in the middle.

I think my happiness is closer to the edge, and that I haven't been taking enough (any) risks.

Count your blessings man. There is nothing wrong with any of this. Its good to have balance and go back and forth with your mentality for bodybuilding. I say go with what feels natural to you. If something feels unnatural then don't do it.

You seem at peace. Alot of people would give up alot to feel that way.
It's not all gravy though. I miss the edge and the excitement. What is life if daring nothing? I never intended to just survive

"Peace has cost you your strength; victory has defeated you"

All I have to say is that facing death brings even the bravest of all men to their knees. I think an intelligent person should do all they can to avoid it. My views have changed as I aged and of course had my heart attack and now have to live with heart failure.

I remember reading your posts like 15 years ago that served as a good warning to me when I was coming up. I'm so glad you're healthy and still here sharing your experiences. Valuable part of this community for sure. I've always taken your thoughts into consideration.

I mean

You are a lion only to yourself in that context

Nobody really cares about big muscles on someone except the guy with them

Might personally be a bit on the mellower side, but I've never felt like some titan; +/- the muscle. You get compliments in the gym, guys nod their head when you walk past them, and some women might be interested, but it's just peripheral

I feel a lot better giving a homeless guy a dollar than when some guy compliments my shoulders in a grocery store. He'll forget about it in 2 seconds, and carry on with his day

Training is the best part about this, and I can see the loss suffered there from lifestyle changes affecting a person. But hey, I bet you look better than 99% of people in that age bracket, and that's still a bonus. You can always work around injuries, and just TRT is enough to keep you look really good.

Just my 2 cents

I mean

You are a lion only to yourself in that context

Nobody really cares about big muscles on someone except the guy with them

Might personally be a bit on the mellower side, but I've never felt like some titan; +/- the muscle. You get compliments in the gym, guys nod their head when you walk past them, and some women might be interested, but it's just peripheral

I feel a lot better giving a homeless guy a dollar than when some guy compliments my shoulders in a grocery store. He'll forget about it in 2 seconds, and carry on with his day

Training is the best part about this, and I can see the loss suffered there from lifestyle changes affecting a person. But hey, I bet you look better than 99% of people in that age bracket, and that's still a bonus. You can always work around injuries, and just TRT is enough to keep you look really good.

Just my 2 cents

Yeah it's completely about my own contentment. I'm over the superficial and transient aspects of size, strength etc. It doesn't really matter, not in any real effect. I'm the opposite of where I used to be mentally. I care a little about how I look but working hard brings enough results in that regard. Muscle memory makes life a lot simpler.

I don't really miss being overlooked as just a physical specimen. What I do truly miss is the way I felt internally.

So I have to get back into it. Up to where I feel incredible. Gotta find the balance, and I think that includes being hardcore to some degree again, then backing off for a bit to stay healthy etc

The balance can be achieved by blasting and cruising. It may not be optimal health wise compared to just being on trt all the time but it'll at least give you that feeling again in between periods of trt.

Feeling amazing.

I never competed in bodybuilding. I was really successful in powerlifting and after, modeling and recreational bodybuilding. Nonetheless for this discussion it's the same.

The nagging injuries and tendonitis got old. The high blood pressure (and probably other issues) got old. The constant food. Scaring away decent women to the point that only really damaged girls were into it..Overanalyzing things in such a vain and one-dimensional pursuit got really old. The temporary gains also really bothered me (only applies past a certain point, you know what I mean).

I learned to stay in shape but focus more on health. By training smart, eating clean, and doing more cardio (and other hobbies) I still haven't lost everything and I am in a much better place mentally. I think.

Ive seen and done so many amazing things that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.. I'm not obsessed with how I look. Not only do I rarely look in a mirror, but when I do, even though I'm 40 lbs lighter, I see everything positive and don't see anything that I wish was different. I don't want to be the biggest or strongest guy around. MMA and firearms changed my perspective on all that.

Now maybe I've just become more conservative and mature as I've gotten older. And maybe the pandemic has me missing how things used to be.

But I miss the mental feeling of being completely elated and feeling like a god on earth... Of all the positive things I've done lately, that mental and physical feeling seems like a lifetime ago and I want it back.

I intend to get back into TRT and sometimes just slightly above that. Back into heavier weights after these many months of at-home bodyweight and kettlebell movements. I don't want to be where I once was. Maybe a more balanced form. Maybe even much closer to that than I am now. Not sure.

Maybe I'm just waxing nostalgic, but with the pandemic and chaos in this country, I'm wondering if perhaps I've fallen into the trap of trying to eek out as many years as possible, with only a completely moderate enjoyment. That wasn't my goal. Shit, all my injuries still hurt the same. I'm not as excited as I used to be.

Questions for all, let me know what you think:

Maybe it is really better to live as a lion for a day than a sheep for eternity?

TL/DR.. If one really wants to live every day as if it's their last (and has no dependents) I may be doing it wrong.

SHEEEEEEIT!
if youve got no dependents and no plans to have any, then do whatever the hell you like, stay healthy of course but who are you playing it safe for?

Unless you have the potential to be a pro bodybuilder take the least amount of steroids that makes you happy. That shouldn’t destroy your health or hurt your relationships. Quite to the contrary, using testosterone in reasonable dosages can enhance your overall quality of life.

Unless you have the potential to be a pro bodybuilder take the least amount of steroids that makes you happy. That shouldn’t destroy your health or hurt your relationships. Quite to the contrary, using testosterone in reasonable dosages can enhance your overall quality of life.

I'm starting to think this account is a bot.

Funny you bring this up, Ive been thinking a lot of the same things myself lately.. Its interesting, I have been following a lot more MMA lately and its definitely changed my perspective a lot! You see some of these guys fighting that look like they have never seen the inside of the gym? but watching them fight they are extremely athletic, punch like a Mack truck and can twist you in a pretzel before you know wtf happened to you? I am just glad I never came across one of these MMA guys back when I was a hot head, and thought I could kick anyones ass. I would have been humbles pretty fast lol.... and yes, firearms are the ultimate equalizer for sure. I can't even count the number of times Ive had a road rage incident in the past and jumped out of the car ready to throw down. It would only take one guy who's prepared with a gun to blast my ass.

I understand what you're saying about missing that feeling of 'being on top of the world' when your bigger, stronger, and leaner then ever before while walking out of the gym after busting your ass.. I get an itch to get back to that every now and then myself. I mist admit, it does feel good being in much better cardio vascular shape and being able to hike for a few days in the back country with 60lb pack and enjoy myself and enjoy some of the other pursuits a competitive bodybuilder just can't enjoy. Personally I feel like I got the best of both worlds being able to enjoy 15 years of my life pushing the limits of my body in the most extreme ways to build muscle, while getting out of that phase of my life with my health intact and some fabulous memories.

Funny you bring this up, Ive been thinking a lot of the same things myself lately.. Its interesting, I have been following a lot more MMA lately and its definitely changed my perspective a lot! You see some of these guys fighting that look like they have never seen the inside of the gym? but watching them fight they are extremely athletic, punch like a Mack truck and can twist you in a pretzel before you know wtf happened to you? I am just glad I never came across one of these MMA guys back when I was a hot head, and thought I could kick anyones ass. I would have been humbles pretty fast lol.... and yes, firearms are the ultimate equalizer for sure. I can't even count the number of times Ive had a road rage incident in the past and jumped out of the car ready to throw down. It would only take one guy who's prepared with a gun to blast my ass.

I understand what you're saying about missing that feeling of 'being on top of the world' when your bigger, stronger, and leaner then ever before while walking out of the gym after busting your ass.. I get an itch to get back to that every now and then myself. I mist admit, it does feel good being in much better cardio vascular shape and being able to hike for a few days in the back country with 60lb pack and enjoy myself and enjoy some of the other pursuits a competitive bodybuilder just can't enjoy. Personally I feel like I got the best of both worlds being able to enjoy 15 years of my life pushing the limits of my body in the most extreme ways to build muscle, while getting out of that phase of my life with my health intact and some fabulous memories.

In my adventures Ive seen some really big and strong guys get nearly killed by little dudes using just their bare hands.. Mariusz Pudzianowski (5x worlds strongest man and shredded) started an MMA career. At first he would turn purple and start to suffocate in less than a minute. He was more competitive after losing a LOT of size and strength.

I'm going to try to find a way to balance it all.

OP how did you feel before any BB and drugs? Were you happy then?

I believe it was Dat that said something to the effect that the further from baseline anything makes you feel the less sustainable it is.

Do what makes you happy and try not to kill yourself in the process........and others for that matter.

The balance can be achieved by blasting and cruising. It may not be optimal health wise compared to just being on trt all the time but it'll at least give you that feeling again in between periods of trt.
Exactly my program. I dont blast though, just add something to the trt every 4-5 months.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws