over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone "grown" into a competition

DIEZEL666

Registered
I'm curious as to whether anyone here has tried something like Levrone, where you shrink and then blow up right before a competition? I'm trying something like this now. I took some time off first, now I have begun concentrating on cardio heavily, while still lifting heavy, just not as frequently. After about a month of this I will try a semi "Blitz-cycle" to begin growing again. Any feedback?

ive gained muscle while loosing fat once it was my first time dieting with gear and a hit based routine

One of my buddies actully does this now (grow into a show) and does really well (3rd at USA's, 2001) he usually takes all the offseason off of gear, (still trains) but gets a little smaller, but lean...and then at 16 weeks out hits it hard and grows into the show...

chris

levrone just responds to gear like a sponge...he probably only is on for 4 months prior to his shows. thats why he is so small in the off season. i guess this could work for some people.

Kevin only uses for 4 months out of year because both parents died of cancer and he doesn't feel need to increase odds. Basically you have 8 months off gear and your appetite goes down and you get smaller and smaller meanwhile your receptors are cleaning. Then when you go back into contest mode you are eating 6-8times per day and growing and getting more and more ripped. Arnold did same thing.

RY

f

Ry Roid said:
Kevin only uses for 4 months out of year because both parents died of cancer and he doesn't feel need to increase odds. Basically you have 8 months off gear and your appetite goes down and you get smaller and smaller meanwhile your receptors are cleaning. Then when you go back into contest mode you are eating 6-8times per day and growing and getting more and more ripped. Arnold did same thing.

RY
it makes some sense, you are off gear, training, eating properly. then you shock your body, so that shock helps with growth. this happened to me last year, i took off 8 months of training/eating/juice and when i went back on bulking and training hard, i added on alot of muscle, i said it was dbol, i think most of it is the shock to your body. this will happen to me in just a few weeks, since im not eating 6-8 times per day or training, or using gear (and dont place to at least for a long time anyway) but i will be getting into strict dieting mode so i think i will gain muscle and get leaner at the same time, but i am not expecting to blow up or anything. but the higher protein and 6-8 meals with training is going to add muscle, for sure. ive experienced this. also, the time off from training helps with growth when you return. this is just what i noticed. i know i still have a lot to learn, im just sharing my exp so i think its true, but how does anyone know what the pros do or did anyway.

Saw Kevin this weekend

He was geust posing at a show in my area and even though he did look small compared to his real show condition, He is still a large and in charge guy.
Not much of a guy to really go out of his way to speak to the fans, but he doesn't act like a dick or anything.
He probably still weighed about 235-245 and lean.
But Gunter and Cutler were huge and still had many of their cuts in the leg and bakc area. Just amazing freaks!
Ronnie was huge as usual, but I think his popularity has REALLY faded. Everyone wanted to see Jay and Gunter.

diezel666

Diezel666, just wanted to offer an apology to you. I thought I was responding to your post concerning growing into a contest. I accidently hit new thread and didnt know it until today. Sorry Mr.Clean

i can say I done this definitly only naturally though heres my experiences, trained serious only powerlifting from age15-late 17, at my peak I did in state comp 335 @ 173lbs 17 years old raw.

for some reason motivation died it was getting old i got a g/f, and turned "content" i stayed with her 18 months that whole time i didnt trian once, i started up again jan 01 at that time i was only bench pressing 185 4 times had this built look to me still tho just not too big or small, lost al reconition as "a big guy" tho when i quit training.... as a powerlifter and at that age I was lacking a lot, now In only 3 months I went from doing that 185 4 times to 275 5-6 times this again I stress naturally..... if thats not proof of muscle memmory dont know what is because gains like that arent goign to happen your frist time around....

Mr. Clean, I saw your other post and figured that's what happened. Thanks.

I am really considering doing this....but still would like to hear what more people think of this process of growing into a competition!

I am currently experiencing this while getting ready for an October show. I am actually gaining weight slowly, getting bigger and dropping BF levels. It has happened this way for me in the past. But this time something is very different. The changes are coming on fast. The only difference this time is I am drinking most of my food!! LBA"S in Between and it's hooked up and going. I read a post by PHIL HERNON a while back and this was his strategy for comps. I thought I'd give it a try. Well am I impressed!! Thank you Mr. Hernon!!

i am doing it right now,

i started in the low 250's and am currently 264lbs and show ready,

you have to make sure your body is primed for it, meaning staying clean most of the year, then you increase calories and gear up... pretty simple....

some people can do this and others have a hard time, mosty due to the disipline in the off season...

He was geust posing at a show in my area and even though he did look small compared to his real show condition, He is still a large and in charge guy.
Not much of a guy to really go out of his way to speak to the fans, but he doesn't act like a dick or anything.
He probably still weighed about 235-245 and lean.
But Gunter and Cutler were huge and still had many of their cuts in the leg and bakc area. Just amazing freaks!
Ronnie was huge as usual, but I think his popularity has REALLY faded. Everyone wanted to see Jay and Gunter.

Kevin was guest posing? Would love to see him comeback on stage. Hear rumors about him competing at the olympia this year but I didn't know if it was true or not..

I did this for my last show and it was kinda on accident. I didnt plan on doing it that way but it worked great. I think your body and skin have a very tight look because you are filling out as opposed to losing a bunch of weight. As a general rule of thumb....the longer you stay away from anabolics, the better they seem to work when you really need them to. If you have good genetics and good work ethic, anything is possible.

Kevin was guest posing? Would love to see him comeback on stage. Hear rumors about him competing at the olympia this year but I didn't know if it was true or not..

Hey bro, this thread is 4 years old.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity