over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestion Issues

No, you did not say it was healthy. You clearly stated that eating red meat was related to heart disease and raising cholesterol. Please reread your posts.
You misunderstood or I didn’t make myself clear. So I’ll say it again- eating fatty red meat in excess is not heart healthy.

this headtrainer guy talks out of his ass regarding cholesterol then gets checked on his small-minded out-dated mentality, so he backpedals so as not to lose what shred of credibility he thought that he had on the subject

never debate the ignorant, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

What information and suppositions in that link do you think might be misguided?

hint: "may, could"

For example, it states that eating a diet high in saturated fat raises blood levels. It then says that HIGH levels are associated with xyz. HOWEVER.. A question remains. Are increased levels the same as high levels? No. Not at all necessarily. That's a big leap.

What water does this theory hold if most people who eat fair amounts of sat fat don't have high blood levels, but merely slightly elevated?

Why do they not cite any studies to support their claims? Telling

We have learned a lot since the 1970s. It's why continuing education is so important.

What information and suppositions in that link do you think might be misguided?

hint: "may, could"

For example, it states that eating a diet high in saturated fat raises blood levels. It then says that HIGH levels are associated with xyz. HOWEVER.. A question remains. Are increased levels the same as high levels? No. Not at all necessarily. That's a big leap.

What water does this theory hold if most people who eat fair amounts of sat fat don't have high blood levels, but merely slightly elevated?

Why do they not cite any studies to support their claims? Telling

We have learned a lot since the 1970s. It's why continuing education is so important.
There are studies that support eating too many saturated fats increase cholesterol levels— leading to increased inflammation in the arteries & heart disease. The 70’s & 80’s myth was this—consuming dietary cholesterol from one’s diet increases cholesterol Levels. Eating cholesterol doesn’t increase cholesterol levels to any appreciable degree, if at all. Studies are studies. If the studies from the American Heart Association are bogus, then so is every other study posted on this forum about various topics! I don’t understand why a few in this thread are so offended by studies that go against their beliefs about saturated fats and cholesterol , but these same people are fine with studies that support their beliefs.

Switched from mostly chicken to mostly red meat a few days ago. Only difference I notice so far is my food taste better and I shit all the damn time. I have no idea why my digestive system has reacted that way. I still eat the same amounts of carbs, fats, fibers, and protein (maybe a little more protein just because it's easier to eat the tastier meat).

Switched from mostly chicken to mostly red meat a few days ago. Only difference I notice so far is my food taste better and I shit all the damn time. I have no idea why my digestive system has reacted that way. I still eat the same amounts of carbs, fats, fibers, and protein (maybe a little more protein just because it's easier to eat the tastier meat).
It takes a lot of digestive enzymes to digest red meat. If you are lacking in digestive enzymes and are unable to process all the meat, it remains undigested. This causes inflammation to the lining of the stomach which can cause diarrhea like symptoms. I can only eat one serving of lean red meat daily. Anymore and I usually get heartburn, bloating, and gas. If the meat is fatty I really struggle with heartburn, GERD, and bloating.

There are studies that support eating too many saturated fats increase cholesterol levels— leading to increased inflammation in the arteries & heart disease. The 70’s & 80’s myth was this—consuming dietary cholesterol from one’s diet increases cholesterol Levels. Eating cholesterol doesn’t increase cholesterol levels to any appreciable degree, if at all. Studies are studies. If the studies from the American Heart Association are bogus, then so is every other study posted on this forum about various topics! I don’t understand why a few in this thread are so offended by studies that go against their beliefs about saturated fats and cholesterol , but these same people are fine with studies that support their beliefs.

1) Nobody is offended besides you. When I'm wrong about something I say thanks for the correction and don't take it personally

2) This post of yours that I'm quoting is all over the place. Your first several sentences contradict each other back and forth 3x.. Are you ok?

3) You didn't even read your own link?!? You just copied whatever you thought supported your claims without even reading it? .. There were no studies there. WHAT AHA studies are you talking about? Find me some.. By actually reading more than titles.. And I will destroy them. Right now its worse than flawed studies.. Youre saying there are AHA studies that really aren't there at all. How dishonest and lazy.

4) You are absolutely not qualified to be giving medical, fitness, or dietary advice. You have just no idea how much you do not know.. Your stubborn ignorant beliefs could hurt somebody. Normally I let people spew wrong stuff as much as they like. But here, you could hurt people. Please stop

Endoscopy was negative.
Biopsy of tissue from endoscopy was negative.
And stool tests were negative.

I’m guessing it has to be diet at this point?

The nausea is constant. Dr gave me prescription nausea medication and I need 3 times the dose to control it and even that barely helps.

The only thing consistent in my diet right now is: oatmeal, milk, steak, brown rice, whey, and casein.

I’m thinking it might be the casein? As I just started taking this around the time this all started. I take it at bedtime and feel horrible upon waking. No appetite, nauseous. Not sure if that would make me nauseous all next day?

All other foods listed I have ate for years with no issues.

Also that is not normal diet, only diet now while feeling like shit.....

Have you been tested for milk allergies? I'd also switch to white rice because of bloating I get from brown rice. I add veggies and soluble fiber. I have IBS thanks to the parasites and gluten or lactose wreck me for days. I still take high dose probiotics every day or suffer bloating and indigestion.

Some of what you describe sounds like a bad gall bladder. My sister was nauseous constantly and could barely eat before they removed hers.

Please research and study cholesterol PLEASE!!!!!

Side note, just got my bloodwork back and on full blown cycle (explains my low HDL) and a ketogenic diet (im fully fat adapted)
My cholesterol was 337, my HDL was 31, and my LDL was 286 this sounds like I need to be on cholesterol meds and I'm going to die any day now. But my remnant cholesterol (the shit that hangs around in your blood not used and is what truly causes heart disease) is 20 which is low risk. Less than 15 is pretty much NO RISK.
Anything that hangs out unused in your blood is terrible for you like high blood glucose is fucking bad, high remnant cholesterol is also bad in the same manner.

Please research and study cholesterol PLEASE!!!!!

Side note, just got my bloodwork back and on full blown cycle (explains my low HDL) and a ketogenic diet (im fully fat adapted)
My cholesterol was 337, my HDL was 31, and my LDL was 286 this sounds like I need to be on cholesterol meds and I'm going to die any day now. But my remnant cholesterol (the shit that hangs around in your blood not used and is what truly causes heart disease) is 20 which is low risk. Less than 15 is pretty much NO RISK.
Anything that hangs out unused in your blood is terrible for you like high blood glucose is fucking bad, high remnant cholesterol is also bad in the same manner.
The best answer I can give you is this- when you eliminate carbs from the diet and go into ketosis, the lack of glucose ( even in the presence of a lot of saturated fats) does not harm the arteries as it would if you were bulking up and mixing a lot of carbs and saturated fats together. The reason is because the fats are being used for fuel instead of being stored as triglycerides.

Have you been tested for milk allergies? I'd also switch to white rice because of bloating I get from brown rice. I add veggies and soluble fiber. I have IBS thanks to the parasites and gluten or lactose wreck me for days. I still take high dose probiotics every day or suffer bloating and indigestion.

Some of what you describe sounds like a bad gall bladder. My sister was nauseous constantly and could barely eat before they removed hers.
You’re right! It could be the gallbladder is not functioning properly. It could also be gallstones.

Endoscopy was negative.
Biopsy of tissue from endoscopy was negative.
And stool tests were negative.

I’m guessing it has to be diet at this point?

The nausea is constant. Dr gave me prescription nausea medication and I need 3 times the dose to control it and even that barely helps.

The only thing consistent in my diet right now is: oatmeal, milk, steak, brown rice, whey, and casein.

I’m thinking it might be the casein? As I just started taking this around the time this all started. I take it at bedtime and feel horrible upon waking. No appetite, nauseous. Not sure if that would make me nauseous all next day?

All other foods listed I have ate for years with no issues.

Also that is not normal diet, only diet now while feeling like shit.....
Protein powders don’t agree with me anymore and I find that casein is very hard to digest. I would drop the protein powder for a week and see if things improve. Oral steroids can also make you nauseated.

Saturated fat from eating a lot of red meat leads to early heart disease and you’ll gain too much body fat unless your an ecto. One serving of lean red meat daily should be okay,but not a lot. Egg whites are the healthiest protein choice.

We evolved because of red meat. End of story. Fatty meat is not the problem it’s usually the carbs or ruffage from veggies that cause stomach issues. Yes I’m biased I use a mostly carnivore diet. But my wife who has crohns and colitis was going to kill herself because of her acid reflux. Seriously she was in constant pain. Doc prescribed every anti acid medication which made it worse and distended her stomach even more creating more acid reflux. She is 90% carnivore one year off all meds Including her IV auto immune drug.

The best answer I can give you is this- when you eliminate carbs from the diet and go into ketosis, the lack of glucose ( even in the presence of a lot of saturated fats) does not harm the arteries as it would if you were bulking up and mixing a lot of carbs and saturated fats together. The reason is because the fats are being used for fuel instead of being stored as triglycerides.

So you are saying saturated fats in the absence of glucose does no harm. But when you add glucose it causes harm. Then you blame it on the saturated fat causing the harm. That's like saying if I eat blueberries they are healthy for me, but if I add poison to them it will be unhealthy. So blueberries are bad! The logic is missing.

So you are saying saturated fats in the absence of glucose does no harm. But when you add glucose it causes harm. Then you blame it on the saturated fat causing the harm. That's like saying if I eat blueberries they are healthy for me, but if I add poison to them it will be unhealthy. So blueberries are bad! The logic is missing.
No! The original post was making reference to eating a lot of red meat with “carbs” in order to bulk up. Mixing a lot of saturated with a lot of carbs slows down the burning of glycogen for fuel. This can lead to excessively high blood glucose levels and hyperinsulinemia. I do NOT believe consuming saturated fats in the presence of a very low carb or no carb diet is harmful. Having inflamed arteries seems to occur when you mix a lot of carbs and saturated fats together.

1) Nobody is offended besides you. When I'm wrong about something I say thanks for the correction and don't take it personally

2) This post of yours that I'm quoting is all over the place. Your first several sentences contradict each other back and forth 3x.. Are you ok?

3) You didn't even read your own link?!? You just copied whatever you thought supported your claims without even reading it? .. There were no studies there. WHAT AHA studies are you talking about? Find me some.. By actually reading more than titles.. And I will destroy them. Right now its worse than flawed studies.. Youre saying there are AHA studies that really aren't there at all. How dishonest and lazy.

4) You are absolutely not qualified to be giving medical, fitness, or dietary advice. You have just no idea how much you do not know.. Your stubborn ignorant beliefs could hurt somebody. Normally I let people spew wrong stuff as much as they like. But here, you could hurt people. Please stop
It can be hard to explain things in a post. I do much better in person when it comes to complex topics such as these.

No! The original post was making reference to eating a lot of red meat with “carbs” in order to bulk up. Mixing a lot of saturated with a lot of carbs slows down the burning of glycogen for fuel. This can lead to excessively high blood glucose levels and hyperinsulinemia. I do NOT believe consuming saturated fats in the presence of a very low carb or no carb diet is harmful. Having inflamed arteries seems to occur when you mix a lot of carbs and saturated fats together.
Question for you...... Does this ^^^ still happen in a calorie deficit? Say you eat steak, white rice and white bread for every meal, does this arterial damage still take place? 😃

Could it be a food intolerance? I struggled with digestive issues for years (still do, on occasion; it's clearly just my lot in life) and tried every probiotic, prebiotic, digestive enzyme, bitter, whatever the fuck and nothing solved the issues completely until I actually did an elimination diet and found out what my trigger foods were.

And your trigger foods can be pretty much anything! Seriously, like a fairly obvious bodybuilder type diet could be something like:

breakfast - egg whites, couple of whole eggs and oats
meal 2 - chicken, rice, broccoli
meal 3 - whey protein shake with some carb powder
meal 4 - flank steak, potato, salad with tomatoes, peppers, onion
meal 5 - cottage cheese, peanut butter

Or whatever (don't anyone say that's a stupid diet because it's just an example). Those are all fairly reasonable bodybuilding meals, but every single one of those has a potential trigger.

In meal 1 - oats, egg whites and whole eggs are all known allergens
In meal 2 - some people have a really tough time digesting the insoluble fibre in broccoli (I really do - can't eat the stuff)
In meal 3 - whey protein is a very common allergen
In meal 4 - nightshades like tomatoes and peppers in the salad, plus onion is really high in FODMAPS which will fuck you up if you're sensitive
In meal 5 - the whey and casein in the cottage cheese is another potential allergen, and I'm sure you know how allergenic peanuts can be.

See my point? Lots of foods that are considered "clean" or "healthy" can actually be pretty rough on some people. I know through trial and error that I have to eat a low FODMAP diet and a diet low in insoluble fibre otherwise I'll be bloated all day and diarrheic (gross, I know, sorry) every morning. I also have to keep on top of using probiotics or, if I do have an issue, it'll last way longer than it otherwise would.

The real bitch is also that food allergies can develop over time! So you might have been drinking 2 whey shakes a day for the last 5 years with no issue then all of a sudden your body just rejects it.

It's one of the reasons that the carnivore diet is so popular among people with IBS or autoimmune disorders; for whatever reason no one ever seems to have an allergic diet to red meat. I'm sure someone who knows more about that could explain why but the people (some would say idiots) who subscribe to carnivore are really just doing an elimination diet without realising, but I digress...

Anyway, hope that helps and maybe gives you another angle to approach this from.
Good post. Those foods you listed are basic BB staple of solid foods but like you, i have some issues ( only recently ) broc, oats, alot of diff veggies make me bloated. The whey isolate too, so switched to a premium blend which seemed as of now to be easier on my stomach. Red meat, ground turkey breast seems to work well as does COR instead of oats.

Just had my iron come back Low

Iron - 41 ref 38-169
Iron saturation - 10. Ref 15-55

Weird bc I eat meat everyday.....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member