YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon style training (every body part 6-7 days a week)

First week testing this training system, I've been doing 3 warm up sets for big muscle groups (legs/chest/back) and 2 warm up sets for smaller muscles (arms/delts) then just 1 working set, somedays to failure, and other days close to it... usually no less than 10-12 reps.

I feel really FULL, my weight has increased around 1.2lbs, it's like I can retain more glycogen, really full all day... muscles hurt when posing. I think this could be good for 3-4 weeks and then going back to low frequency and high volume (one muscle group per day).

The final distribution:

- Chest press (4 sets total)
- Flyes (4 sets total)
- Lateral raise (3 sets total)
- Row (4 sets total)
- Lat pulldown (4 sets total)
- Rear delts (3 sets total)
- Hams (4 sets total)
- Quads (4 sets total)
- Tris (3 sets total)
- Bis (3 sets total)

Not doing abs everyday, and only doing 1 set to failure of calves everyday.

Recovery wise... I'm a bit exhausted after 5 days, so I wouldn't train 7 days in a row, but probably 6... and maybe throw a 7th day training only arms (not very intense) since they are a small muscle group and can recover really fast (at least in my case).

How long is that taking you??

How long is that taking you??

First day was long, almost 2h... but each day I do better between sets, so around 80 minutes max.

I'm enjoying it to be honest, I'll post some comparation pictures to see the change in 14 days. Right now FULL as fuck.

Thank you.

Interesting. I am not discounting your experience, I just find it interesting, don't know
why you would feel that way. Perhaps it's working the 'stabilizing' muscles, like I
think you are saying, are what really knocks you out.

And your English is not bad at all.
Mentally I think free weights require more mental effort for balance etc. So I can see where that would leave one more drained. And I would not be surprised with some weight gain early on as the general edema to the whole body would add water weight. It was not usual for me to weigh 2-3 pounds more the day after training legs when I used to destroy them.

Mentally I think free weights require more mental effort for balance etc. So I can see where that would leave one more drained. And I would not be surprised with some weight gain early on as the general edema to the whole body would add water weight. It was not usual for me to weigh 2-3 pounds more the day after training legs when I used to destroy them.

Yes, my weight gain this first week is prolly due to edema... anyway looking fuller, I'll give it one more week since now I'm more adapted and see if it could be viable...

i used all of phil's training protocols and diet. it all worked perfectly for me. loved it.
-F2S
I'm using the original routine he gave me years ago exercise and set wise but changed the bodypart grouping to better fit my schedule.

I'm using the original routine he gave me years ago exercise and set wise but changed the bodypart grouping to better fit my schedule.

That's 5/10/15 system? it looks hard, but I love high frequency.

Hey guys,

I'm prepping for 2021 season, right now I'm bulking and I looking to try some new style of training, I've been reading a lot about lastest Phil's routines and I started working out fullbody everyday. I'm advanced bodybuilder (competitor), I've been training for almost 12 years and competing 6 years already... and I need something new to motivate myself... fresh air. Usually I workout with a lot of volume (something like Kuwait training) or Meadows style (P/P/L).

My routine is 2-3 feeders sets for each exercise, usually big muscle groups get 3 feeders sets and small ones 2 feeders sets, then I only do 1 working set to failure (not forced reps, drop sets or such), only positive failure by myself... I'm doing this:

Warmp up 3-4 sets of pull ups + dips not to failure.

- Incline/flat/decline chest press
- Chest flyes
- Lateral raises
- Machine row/barbell/cable
- Pulldown machine or cable
- Shrugs or reverse flyes (trap/rear delt work)
- Leg curl for hams
- Leg press or hack
- Cable pushdown (tríceps)
- Any curl (bíceps)

- Abs
- Calves
- Abductors

At the moment I'm in the first week, my recovery is fine, I'm using 1g test + 700mg EQ + 200mg parabolan. Good pump, but I feel like I've worked harder when training high volume, I usually do like 40-50 sets per workout (not working sets, just total volume).

Any input? somebody tried something similar? Thanks in advance guys!
I have been doing full body everyday for damn near 10 years..I don’t schedule days off..just take off when I’m too busy or injured.

I usually just pick a main coin pond movement and superset my accessories.

Before people think that’s too much or doesn’t work just remember...this is what west side barbell has done since the beginning and they did alright.

I’m not saying it’s perfect..but if you do it right it’s something that’s easy to build on and adapt to.

bench

He didn't give me a rep range for the sets.......just said hit 5-7 the first set, then lower the weight 10% after each set for three total working sets. How those reps fall depends on the bodypart I'm working.

I have been doing full body everyday for damn near 10 years..I don’t schedule days off..just take off when I’m too busy or injured.

I usually just pick a main coin pond movement and superset my accessories.

Before people think that’s too much or doesn’t work just remember...this is what west side barbell has done since the beginning and they did alright.

I’m not saying it’s perfect..but if you do it right it’s something that’s easy to build on and adapt to.

bench
WSBB doesn’t do full body every day. They do a ME DE Bench squat/ dead day. It’s also 4 days a week.

I have also raised the reps for the first set to 10-12. Being in my 50's a set of 5 is no longer appealing to my joints.

I have also raised the reps for the first set to 10-12. Being in my 50's a set of 5 is no longer appealing to my joints.

You rest normal going from the first set to the next while droping 10% weight or you do it like a drop set ?

Respect

You rest normal going from the first set to the next while droping 10% weight or you do it like a drop set ?

Respect
Normal rest. Until my breathing is back to normal. 45-90 seconds depending on the bodypart.

Normal rest. Until my breathing is back to normal. 45-90 seconds depending on the bodypart.

Thank you my friend

I try years now to find info about this routine from phil

I would love to try it but i cant find anywhere info on what it looks or how to do it

Respect

What west side barbell writes, and what it’s successful lifters do are 2 totally different things.
Oh okay. So what Dan Green, Chuck, Dave Tate, the old WSBB tapes, their books, etc showed and say is different from what they actually did? The owner of my gym who trained there back in the day must be keeping the secret to himself to.

Oh okay. So what Dan Green, Chuck, Dave Tate, the old WSBB tapes, their books, etc showed and say is different from what they actually did? The owner of my gym who trained there back in the day must be keeping the secret to himself to.

Dan green never trained at westside. It’s not a secret, it’s that Louie has changed what they did many times throughout the years. He may say to do a certain exercises and then a few months later he will say don’t do it anymore. So what they do now isn’t what Tate and chuck used to do. Before Chuck left he was doing his own thing, Hoff didn’t follow what Louie said etc. The articles give an outline of the conjugate system but each guy runs it differently based on weaknesses.

Dan green never trained at westside. It’s not a secret, it’s that Louie has changed what they did many times throughout the years. He may say to do a certain exercises and then a few months later he will say don’t do it anymore. So what they do now isn’t what Tate and chuck used to do. Before Chuck left he was doing his own thing, Hoff didn’t follow what Louie said etc. The articles give an outline of the conjugate system but each guy runs it differently based on weaknesses.
I misread an article by Dan Green then on why he went west of Westside. I know the only way to truly train Westside is to train at the gym and it’s changed constantly throughout the years and is specialized for the lifters weakness but if I’m not mistaken they didn’t ever do full body 7 days a week or everyday which was the comment I originally replied to. Everything I’ve read is they stick me/de days, the conjugate method. If I’m wrong I appreciate the correction because my biggest hobby is learning. Is it different from me/de bench, squat/dl days? I know they use variations of the lifts and different accessories.

ME upper
ME lower
DE upper
DE lower

Those are the 4 days they use. Louie suggests extra workouts but from the guys Ive talked to there, they never do them.

A lot of guys do upper back work 4x a week. One day Lats, next day Rows etc it also wasn’t uncommon to do reverse hypers every workout as well.

I’ve never trained there but I used to talk to a few guys who did and I followed conjugate for the better part of 15 years.

ME upper
ME lower
DE upper
DE lower

Those are the 4 days they use. Louie suggests extra workouts but from the guys Ive talked to there, they never do them.

A lot of guys do upper back work 4x a week. One day Lats, next day Rows etc it also wasn’t uncommon to do reverse hypers every workout as well.

I’ve never trained there but I used to talk to a few guys who did and I followed conjugate for the better part of 15 years.
After pushing that heavy and that hard I couldn’t imagine a 5th day. What you listed is pretty much what I’ve read and heard. I appreciate the response.
ive got the Westside book of methods it’s a big book with a lot of information and louies philosophies in it. I’ve always been a huge fan of the conjugate method.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131