advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do any of you take your pets to the gym?

bigdog123

Banned
After my cat died the other week I have decided to buy a dog.

Big old spaniel. Rescue dog, six years old. His name is Colin.

So I take him to the gym with me as he doesn't seem to enjoy being in the house on his own, it's a 24 hour gym in England.. No staff working there after 8pm so you can just cruise in, throw some weights about and let the hound run loose. Just gotta be careful he doesn't bite anyone as he is a nervous dog.

I am training now later on in the day as it gets too busy earlier on and some fools in the gym don't help matters, so 10-11pm is best.

Do any of you take animals to the gym?

not sure it works like that here in the states lol. Im jealous you're able to bring your dog though lol.

Theres probably zero 24 hour gyms im the US that would allow a dog. And if you did bring a dog aftet hours i guarantee it wouldnt be five minutes before someone complained.

The receptionist at my gym has a 3 legged dog that she brings to the gym. True story.

Does that count?

After my cat died the other week I have decided to buy a dog.

Big old spaniel. Rescue dog, six years old. His name is Colin.

So I take him to the gym with me as he doesn't seem to enjoy being in the house on his own, it's a 24 hour gym in England.. No staff working there after 8pm so you can just cruise in, throw some weights about and let the hound run loose. Just gotta be careful he doesn't bite anyone as he is a nervous dog.

I am training now later on in the day as it gets too busy earlier on and some fools in the gym don't help matters, so 10-11pm is best.

Do any of you take animals to the gym?

If he is a nervous dog and has even the remote chance of biting someone; why on earth would you bring the dog there and let him run loose? Sorry, but that seems just plain irresponsible to me and if this were the USA and he did bite someone you would get your ass sued off(after they stomp on your phone).

I would if I could. He gets his training in on a slat mill, spring pole, and he pulls tires. He has a better home gym than me.

I’ve been to quite a few private gyms in the states where owners brought their dogs in. I personally bring my dog into gym but she is seven pounds and just follows me around watching me and does not shed and this is 4 am alone in my 24 hr local hardcore gym

No. I only browse hoping to stumble upon puff pieces about rabbits on leaches and unicorns wearing hats.

I have a K9 service dog issued to me. He goes everywhere, flies on planes etc. I have enough respect for others that i only bring him to gym at 430am Never prime time. The chick at the desk likes him so its cool. I cannot be separated from him, nor denied access to anywhere. He is a belgium Mal, former vet, etc. I cannot stand most people but i love animals. He is my best buddy. Rip your balls out too while i put two in your chest. Lol Good boy

We have a veteran than has a service dog (the vet has seizures) and she comes in the gym with him but he trains very early in the morning when it's empty. The dog is very well behaved and pretty much everyone knows that she has a job and not to mess with her. We also have a Trooper that brings his K9 in because he leaves strait from the gym to work. The dog "Arno" is a massive Dutch Shepard that far better behaved than 99% of the humans. The gym staff and members all know he's a working dog and accept that.
There is a gym In New Orleans "Body Doctors" and several members brings their dogs and nobody seems to care , once chick has a French bulldog that is super cute and ruins pretty much everyone workout cause they wanna play with her.

I knew of a few private gyms in the US where owners had dogs run around. It was only three but all of them had some sort of issue at some point including one being successfully sued to do accidents involving the animals.

Honestly...it's just not a good idea. In fact it's a little odd. If someone was bringing their animals to the gym that would be quite annoying. Now add to that you say it's a "nervous dog". Weird man...weird.

Just been to the gym now and someone else had a dog in there too. Looked like a greyhound. Seen a few at this gym and the last one I was at. The only issue I have come across was at the last gym one of the owners dogs shit next to the Smith machine and they had to get that area of the gym disinfected.

Owner of ours dog and two orange cats hang around. They look exactly alike. I smoke a big ass bowl before my workout, so it was confusing the shit out of me. Kinda made me paranoid, honestly

I’m not trying to be a dick, but I think you need to do some serious soul searching, and possibly get some psychological help. First, breaking someone else’s stuff, because you don’t want to (or feel you should have to) wait your turn.
Now this dog thing? IMO, it’s selfish to say the least, narcissistic at worst. I’m no psychologist, but considering the regard you have for your pets, I wouldn’t guess you’re a narcissist.
Having a dog in the gym, even if it it’s a service animal, could become an inconvenience for other patrons. Service animal owners understand that, so their highly trained animals are generally very quiet and and low profile. Think about this, you’re working out and a dog is under foot and possibly aggressive! That’s crazy!
Plus, if the guy who just crushed another dude’s phone showed up with a dog in my gym the next week, I’d be more than a little bent out of shape. I’d let the management know it’s him or me who’s got to go.
Lastly, just like kids in a gym, it’s not safe. What if a wayward dumbbell or plate falls and lands on the dog. That would be catastrophic!
My suggestion, figure out ways to leave the dog at home with some elements of comfort, so he/she doesn’t destroy the place...and try to consider the gym a private establishment intended to allow members to escape the normally annoying shit in society.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear