over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

triceps tendon tear experience

shaker88

Registered
Newbies
hey all

so this happened after i fell off my motorcycle , i still have the full range of motion and i can feel all the triceps heads in their place but when i try to stretch overhead i feel a painful pressure inside the long head , doctor said i should wait till the edema and inflammation subside to do another MRI to asses the extent of the injury.

any experience with something similar ?
can it heal on it's own without surgery ?
anything that can help to recover faster ? hgh ,tb 500 ? other peptides ? any anabolics ?

thanks in advance bros

Attachments

• 122159415_392454565222756_2393042310475581266_n.jpg
    122159415_392454565222756_2393042310475581266_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 122217014_771759423680177_7712766267491918883_n.jpg
    122217014_771759423680177_7712766267491918883_n.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
I had a complete rupture from a head on car accident...I had the surgery and did therapy...then I did nothing for 4 months in order to completely let it heal...feels great now and that was 13 years ago...

Bleeding LOOKS like a full tear but that's not remotely 100%. Was this a real sports med doctor? Normal doctors don't know jack or shit about this stuff.

So they did an MRI and couldn't see the tear? I'm not following that.

Bleeding LOOKS like a full tear but that's not remotely 100%. Was this a real sports med doctor? Normal doctors don't know jack or shit about this stuff.

Sounds like the swelling and inflammation might be clouding the view. .Maybe Gotgame will get in here. He knows a lot about imaging.

Sounds like the swelling and inflammation might be clouding the view. .Maybe Gotgame will get in here. He knows a lot about imaging.
I thought different layers could strip out that stuff in an MRI. They had no issue with my bicep like a day after it tore or my pec which bled bad enough it was black.

I thought different layers could strip out that stuff in an MRI. They had no issue with my bicep like a day after it tore or my pec which bled bad enough it was black.
Yeah, I thought that too. Shouldn't matter, but from what the OP posted it sounds like maybe it can.

he is an old fashioned ortho , i was contemplating whether to go to a surgeon or a sports med doc this week
it showed a partial tear but he couldn't asses the degree of it ....i don't know is that common or should i see another doctor ....living in 3rd world country is a pain in the ass sometimes

that's what he said exactly ...i can upload the mri pics if anyone can understand it

According to the report you posted it's a partial TENDON tear. If that's the case then surgery is the only option, but depending on the severity of the tear (how much is torn percentage wise) they may not recommend surgery if it's a small tear.

hey all

so this happened after i fell off my motorcycle , i still have the full range of motion and i can feel all the triceps heads in their place but when i try to stretch overhead i feel a painful pressure inside the long head , doctor said i should wait till the edema and inflammation subside to do another MRI to asses the extent of the injury.

any experience with something similar ?
can it heal on it's own without surgery ?
anything that can help to recover faster ? hgh ,tb 500 ? other peptides ? any anabolics ?

thanks in advance bros

As far as whether surgery is needed, it really depends on how big the partial tear is and whether there is any other collateral damage(olecranon fx, bone spur, etc..). For the most part, many docs are hesitant when it comes to partial thickness tears if there aren't any functional deficits. I would definitely see an ortho who works with high level athletes; he will know what to do.

1. MRI report states it only an interstitial/intrasubstance tear. Not a big deal. Im not even sure thats related to anything traumatic at all. If i do an elbow MRI and most guys on this board and ill find some tendinosis and low grade intrasubstance tearing on a lot of them. Thats also NOT likely to be related to singular traumatic event..its basically the inside portion..in the meat of the tendon if im using layman terms. As you can imagine a trauma is most likely going to be resulting in a tear at its insertion or a fracture. Anyway.... id rest that for a few weeks. If it were my triceps tendon and i was having pain there id ice it for a few days and then over the next few weeks id be applying heat, id put a vibrating massager on it to get good blood flow. Id massage it with my fingers and if you wanted a supplement..something that increases your IGF levels may be useful for a tear like that. AAS isnt gonna help.

2. That MRI report would never be acceptable anywhere ive worked. First we dont say things like " bright". That doesnt mean anything unless you say on what sequence and we say hyperintense but bright on t1 would be fat..bright on t2 is fat or fluid..but if fat sat then its fluid...so without context it doesnt mean much. Also saying "diffusely thickened" doesnt mean much...they need to give a measurement and talk about the underlying signal. Thickened could be abnormal " tendinosis" or normal in a bodybuilder. context is important.

Ah and they said subq tissues looked ok? Hmmm i guess there MRI didnt see the extensive bruising? hmmm ok...makes me wonder

3. Unless that pic is reveresed somehow....that pic looks like your right elbow but MRI says left.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member