over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Fascination with inj L-Carnitine

I read something about TMAO and carnitine... but i dont remember so good. Maybe here we can let the things clear.

Injectable L-carnitine is completely useless for all intents and purposes. Ask Meadows if you don't believe me. Waste your money if you want. But don't forget that this is the same guy who was a huge GH15 supporter who is not even a real person.

Rex.

Rex = Chemix?

Exactly, he has since abandoned it for a reason. But again, waste your money if you want no reason to listen to me.

Rex.

"From a hypothetical perspective, carnitine supplementation makes sense on the surface. First, because of its role in facilitating transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria (the body’s “cellular furnace”), an elevated level of carnitine would seem to permit a greater amount of fat to be burned by the body. In addition to accelerating weight loss, this would also help to spare muscle glycogen, thereby improving exercise performance. Moreover, since carnitine plays a role in buffering lactic acid, supplementing could theoretically prolong your ability to work out at intense levels. And carnitine has various cardiovascular benefits, including the reduction of blood cholesterol and lipids. All things considered, supplementation might sound like a good idea, right?

Unfortunately, theory doesn’t transfer into practice here. The vast majority of studies have shown little or no benefit of carnitine supplementation in healthy, well-nourished individuals. There appears to be a critical level for carnitine build up, above which it provides no additional effect. While supplementation does increase blood levels of carnitine, there is not a corresponding increase in transport of fats into the mitochondria, and thus fat burning capacity is not enhanced. Provided you take in sufficient dietary protein (equating to approximately one gram per pound of body weight), the overwhelming likelihood is that you will synthesize all the carnitine your body needs. And given that carnitine is quite expensive, supplementation just doesn’t provide a good cost/benefit.

The only instance where supplementation may be beneficial is if, by chance, you happen to have a carnitine deficiency. Those most at risk for being deficient include vegans, vegetarians, breast-feeding women, and individuals on very low calorie diets. Should you fall into one of these categories, it’s possible that carnitine can be of value."

Rex.

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of the interaction between L-carnitine and T3? Since both are usually used while cutting, currently prepping for a shoot and since starting T3 I've cut out the injectable L-Carnitine just due to knowing there is some interaction that effects T3 as far as I understand, I have seen Stewie post about it before but still not clear on if they can't be used together at all or must just be spaced out or whatever. My wife also has no thyroid and is on T4 year round but adds T3 when prepping, we have never had her use Carnitine as its listed on the contraindication list.

Would love to actually understand it a bit better or atleast what you guys do when running T3

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of the interaction between L-carnitine and T3? Since both are usually used while cutting, currently prepping for a shoot and since starting T3 I've cut out the injectable L-Carnitine just due to knowing there is some interaction that effects T3 as far as I understand, I have seen Stewie post about it before but still not clear on if they can't be used together at all or must just be spaced out or whatever. My wife also has no thyroid and is on T4 year round but adds T3 when prepping, we have never had her use Carnitine as its listed on the contraindication list.

Would love to actually understand it a bit better or atleast what you guys do when running T3

It literally will make zero difference either way.

Rex.

"From a hypothetical perspective, carnitine supplementation makes sense on the surface. First, because of its role in facilitating transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria (the body’s “cellular furnace”), an elevated level of carnitine would seem to permit a greater amount of fat to be burned by the body. In addition to accelerating weight loss, this would also help to spare muscle glycogen, thereby improving exercise performance. Moreover, since carnitine plays a role in buffering lactic acid, supplementing could theoretically prolong your ability to work out at intense levels. And carnitine has various cardiovascular benefits, including the reduction of blood cholesterol and lipids. All things considered, supplementation might sound like a good idea, right?

Unfortunately, theory doesn’t transfer into practice here. The vast majority of studies have shown little or no benefit of carnitine supplementation in healthy, well-nourished individuals. There appears to be a critical level for carnitine build up, above which it provides no additional effect. While supplementation does increase blood levels of carnitine, there is not a corresponding increase in transport of fats into the mitochondria, and thus fat burning capacity is not enhanced. Provided you take in sufficient dietary protein (equating to approximately one gram per pound of body weight), the overwhelming likelihood is that you will synthesize all the carnitine your body needs. And given that carnitine is quite expensive, supplementation just doesn’t provide a good cost/benefit.

The only instance where supplementation may be beneficial is if, by chance, you happen to have a carnitine deficiency. Those most at risk for being deficient include vegans, vegetarians, breast-feeding women, and individuals on very low calorie diets. Should you fall into one of these categories, it’s possible that carnitine can be of value."

Rex.
I agree 100% oral L-carnitine is useless. Injectable is a whole other story, anyone please go to pubmed and do a quick search, you will see all the studies touting its effectiveness is either Injectable or IV l carnitine. A simple pubmed search will give you your answer. This idiot in the article is referring to l carnitine supplements that you buy in oral form at bb.com or gnc or other supplement stores.
Pubmed people. PUBMED!

Rex.
He's not talking about injection, brah

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16368715/#:~:text=Increasing skeletal muscle carnitine content,oxidation seen during intense exercise.&text=This study demonstrates that insulin,an increase in

Just read all the studies showing l carnitine works, they are all done either IV or IM (most IV with insulin)

Exactly, he has since abandoned it for a reason. But again, waste your money if you want no reason to listen to me.

Rex.

So just sent John this text

Hey John dont know if this is still your number or not. Question? Do you still believe that injectable L-carnitine with a tiny bit of insulin is still an effective fat burner, someone just posted on professional muscle that you now say its useless? Is that true.

Johns answer...

"That is a straight lie..I did not say that"

So there you have it...LIAR

I have a really detailed article on it on my website. I still use it with clients, I do notice some are experiencing very painful and swollen tissue at injection site though. I do have some concern with this, but I do believe that used properly it is very effective.

Injectable L-carnitine is completely useless for all intents and purposes. Ask Meadows if you don't believe me. Waste your money if you want. But don't forget that this is the same guy who was a huge GH15 supporter who is not even a real person.

Rex.
Ha ha ha 😂 🤣 😆 😄 😀 😜 😂 🤣

great thread!

i love synthetine , i just feel so much better when running it!

I have a really detailed article on it on my website. I still use it with clients, I do notice some are experiencing very painful and swollen tissue at injection site though. I do have some concern with this, but I do believe that used properly it is very effective.

i know they had an issue with a batch a little bit ago , they were offering replacements so you should contact them.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16368715/#:~:text=Increasing skeletal muscle carnitine content,oxidation seen during intense exercise.&text=This study demonstrates that insulin,an increase in

Just read all the studies showing l carnitine works, they are all done either IV or IM (most IV with insulin)
This is not a statement on whether injectable l-carnitine is an effective performance enhancer. I do not know and I have not been provided data. The linked study does not illustrate the claims being made in this thread.

The researchers took 2 groups. Each was administered l-carnitine intravenously for 5 hours. One of the groups was also intravenously provided glucose and insulin.

The group receiving l-carnitine, insulin and glucose did in fact demonstrate supra physiological levels of intramuscular l-carnitine. The group receiving only intravenous l-carnitine maintained normal carnitine levels.

Even in this specific loading scenario, the paper makes no claims on the downstream effects of increased intramuscular l-carnitine levels. That was not the aim. They specifically mention that in the introduction.

"This latter point underlines the importance of determining whether an increase in muscle carnitine can actually be achieved by L‐carnitine supplementation before any conclusions are drawn as to its effects on muscle metabolism."

Note, this was not intramuscular administration so it's difficult to extrapolate much from this paper in relation to how bodybuilders are using this compound.

This is not a statement on whether injectable l-carnitine is an effective performance enhancer. I do not know and I have not been provided data. The linked study does not illustrate the claims being made in this thread.

The researchers took 2 groups. Each was administered l-carnitine intravenously for 5 hours. One of the groups was also intravenously provided glucose and insulin.

The group receiving l-carnitine, insulin and glucose did in fact demonstrate supra physiological levels of intramuscular l-carnitine. The group receiving only intravenous l-carnitine maintained normal carnitine levels.

Even in this specific loading scenario, the paper makes no claims on the downstream effects of increased intramuscular l-carnitine levels. That was not the aim. They specifically mention that in the introduction.

"This latter point underlines the importance of determining whether an increase in muscle carnitine can actually be achieved by L‐carnitine supplementation before any conclusions are drawn as to its effects on muscle metabolism."

Note, this was not intramuscular administration so it's difficult to extrapolate much from this paper in relation to how bodybuilders are using this compound.
So have you tried inj. L-carnitine? If many top prep guys are using it dont you think its probably because its an effective product? Which provides good results? These prep guys (most) livelihood depend on achieving results. I know John Meadows uses it, I know Scoobyprep uses it and many other physique coaches. There are plenty of studies on pubmed involving L-carnitine, just pay attention to the form of administration they use thats all.

No, I have not tried it.

I don't know if it's effective. I'm just telling you what the linked study shows.

If you have another paper, I'd be glad to read it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear