over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin care. Aging. Wrinkles.

gotgame

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Some guys have the idea that real men dont care that much out their facial appearance and wrinkles. I didnt really care that much until I hit my early 30's and after medical school, residency and fellowship aged my skin significantly. I recall dating in SF and few girls had commented that I looked much older in my face then my actual age. Looking back at my face at that time I had bags under my eyes, about 5 horizonal wrinkles across my forehead and developed two significant vertical glabellar lines. These wrinkles werent present 5 years before.

Ive also noticed that AAS users faces seem to age a lot more then guys who dont take AAS. Its probably secondary to the high level androgens among other things.

I wanted to give a quick run down of things i do that have made a difference for me, backed by good data and safe. I wont be providing my before and after pics as I dont post pics of my face on this forum.

I recently met up with some friends i havent seen in a while and they all commented on how good my skin is looking and how i look younger now then i did in my mid 20's.

1. Retin A: Highly recommend most guys be on this. Good for acne, collagen synthesis, fine lines and wrinkles both treatment and prevention. I use 0.1%. I use it maybe 5 nights a week with moisturizer.

2. Dysport: I like this over botox. Seems to work a bit longer for me and with the smaller molecule it get a lil bit better local coverage. I use about 135 units on my forehead and around eyes. It allowed my horizontal lines on forehead to heal. I dont over do it...i can raise my eyebrows just fine but now i have 2 smaller lines in my lower forehead instead of 5 deep ones.

3. Fillers: This is needed for my glabellar lines. The usual fillers werent enough so I used Juvederm Voluma XC. Usually reserve for mid face but i needed it to smooth out those lines. They are still present but MUCH better. Filler lasts about 2 years with a yearly touchup.

4. Microneedling: I do this for my hair with very good success and my skin. For my hair i do between 0.5m and 1.5mm. I apply topical dutasteride while doing it to get it down to the roots. I do 1.5mm maybe once a month and 0.5mm every week. My regrew a good amount of my hair on the middle of my head over the course of about the first 6-9 months. As for my face i use 0.5-1mm once a week or once every two weeks. I often apply a lil bit of retin A after but becareful....absorption is going to be about 4x better. Also great for collagen and increased VEGF and wnt signaling transcription. My skin GREATLY improved after about 6 months of doing this. I had some chicken pox scars, enlarged pores and wrinkles that resolved >90%. Im not sure if it was the needling itself or a combination of increased retin a absorption...dont care..skin looks much better.

5. Moisturizer: I like cerave or brickell. I use the ceravee AM with SPF often. At night i commonly use the brickell anti aging cream. its thick and has a good amount of HA in it. Works well for me and great for under the eyes.

6. Exfoliate: I use the Kiehls microderm abrasion scrub once a week.

7. Facewash: I use the brickell facewash for oily skin ( im on 200mg TRT) 3x a day.

Some guys will read this thread and by like WTF...gotgame is like an effing chick! Yea maybe.... but i do care about my face and hair. its important for my career and important to me personally. I think prevention is key. Its sometimes hard to deal with the aging after the fact but prevention would have been so much easier. I just didnt care for so many years as i was so busy but im making up for it now.

One of the biggest things you can do to keep all of your skin looking young is wear a good sunscreen when you go outside. I neglected that and ended up with 2 spots of skin cancer and aged my face somewhat. Anymore I dont go out in the sun much, so the aging has slowed. You can really tell when someone tans a lot, like with a booth, their face looks much older than it really is.

The weathered look from androgens is a real thing

Spoke to a SHW bodybuilder at my gym the other day, guy is in his early 30s but face looks legit 50, full head of hair too

Hair is also another thing guys don't realize; esp if you do this recreationally, understand the risks if you're prone to hairloss. You might never compete, but be bald 2 decades earlier than your regular timeline for an extra 30 lbs of muscle (nothing wrong with that, but I know guys who become flabbergasted when it starts happening to them lol)

Melanin and UV protection I think is half the reason why some races look less "aged" than others (all other factors like stress, diet, exercise being even)

One of the biggest things you can do to keep all of your skin looking young is wear a good sunscreen when you go outside. I neglected that and ended up with 2 spots of skin cancer and aged my face somewhat. Anymore I dont go out in the sun much, so the aging has slowed. You can really tell when someone tans a lot, like with a booth, their face looks much older than it really is.

Definitely. People think that just going outside a bit they dont need spf. It makes a huge difference longterm. I use it every day.

The weathered look from androgens is a real thing

Spoke to a SHW bodybuilder at my gym the other day, guy is in his early 30s but face looks legit 50, full head of hair too

Hair is also another thing guys don't realize; esp if you do this recreationally, understand the risks if you're prone to hairloss. You might never compete, but be bald 2 decades earlier than your regular timeline for an extra 30 lbs of muscle (nothing wrong with that, but I know guys who become flabbergasted when it starts happening to them lol)

Melanin and UV protection I think is half the reason why some races look less "aged" than others (all other factors like stress, diet, exercise being even)

Ive read a few studies showing the effects of androgens on skin collagen and it wasnt good. That along with possible harsh treatments for AAS induced acne, enlarged pores from overactive sebaceous glands....

Ive read a few studies showing the effects of androgens on skin collagen and it wasnt good. That along with possible harsh treatments for AAS induced acne, enlarged pores from overactive sebaceous glands....

Wonder if hypertrophy of masseter and temporalis muscles indirectly from AAS use is also a reason guys look older: the shredded physique with bloated face look

I was looking at products for thickening the skin under the eyes. I have some dark circles at times and I read that it's due to the skin being so thin in the area. Vitamin A was supposedly something that can thicken skin.
Is the Retin A harsh to use under the eyes?

Definitely. People think that just going outside a bit they dont need spf. It makes a huge difference longterm. I use it every day.
Would you approach it differently depending on where you lived in terms of latitude or regardless of that? It really seems that a lot of health experts are saying everyone needs more vitamin D and to be out in the sun.

Reactions: FCM
"The truth is, it doesn’t take much sun exposure for the body to produce vitamin D. Even committed proponents of unprotected sun exposure recommend no more than 10 to 15 minutes of exposure to arms, legs, abdomen and back, two to three times a week, followed by good sun protection. That minor amount of exposure produces all the vitamin D your body can muster. After that, your body automatically starts to dispose of vitamin D to avoid an overload of the vitamin, at which point your sun exposure is giving you nothing but sun damage without any of the presumed benefit."

From this article.

Hydration is the key to healthier, younger looking skin. Cleanse facial skin GENTLY with a mild cleanser or soap and I don't care how oily your skin, find a facial moisturizer that suits your skin well and use it religiously.

Another thing I'd like to pass is the use of high quality shaving products. This is where a lot of guys fuck up, they'll do great otherwise then splash on harsh things like an alcohol based splash and let that be that. Personally, I try to find shave soaps made with beef tallow. The protection you get is second to none and the animal fats keep your skin glowing. There's nothing essentially wrong with alcohol based splashes, but remember they exist because they're a hangover from days when alcohol splashes were used for scent and to prevent infection. A high quality balm is preferred, and witch hazel is also popular and not quite so harsh. If you use any alcohol on your face, just be cognizant to replace the moisture you're taking away.

I don't get paid from these guys, but if you ever see my bathroom pics, you'll notice I'm a huge fan of Stirling shave products. The soaps are animal fat based and their balm is one of the best I've used. Give them a shot,plus their scents are amazing.

During the cooler months, I also love unrefined shea butter. It can be tricky to use, so I make sure my face is already wet, take a fingertip of shea butter and a fingertip of aftershave balm to stretch it, emulsify it with the heat from your hands and then apply to face, head, neck, arms, etc.

"The truth is, it doesn’t take much sun exposure for the body to produce vitamin D. Even committed proponents of unprotected sun exposure recommend no more than 10 to 15 minutes of exposure to arms, legs, abdomen and back, two to three times a week, followed by good sun protection. That minor amount of exposure produces all the vitamin D your body can muster. After that, your body automatically starts to dispose of vitamin D to avoid an overload of the vitamin, at which point your sun exposure is giving you nothing but sun damage without any of the presumed benefit."

From this article.

I may be in the fringe category that needs more then. Back in June I had blood work done and my D levels were 29(range 30-100). I started nude sunbathing(South Texas) for 10 minutes anterior/posterior, each. Everyday. My levels raised to 32. I started 5000ius and that got me up to 50 with the sunbathing. I haven't been doing the sunbathing in about 6 weeks and just supplementing. Went in for blood draw yesterday so we'll see what that difference is.

Using the sauna/steam room 4-5x a week is also great for skin

I was looking at products for thickening the skin under the eyes. I have some dark circles at times and I read that it's due to the skin being so thin in the area. Vitamin A was supposedly something that can thicken skin.
Is the Retin A harsh to use under the eyes?

I haven't been able to use retin-a under my eyes. Starts peeling after a couple of days. My wife gets me a couple different under eye creams. Not sure how much the brand matters for that.

How about retinol in lieu of retin-a? I bought some L’Oréal retinol cream. 🙂

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner