over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin care. Aging. Wrinkles.

GG, do you do the microneedling on your own, or do you have somebody do it for you?

If you do it on your own, what do you use to do it, and how much did it cost for the 'thingy'? Sorry, i'm ignorant on this....maybe the wife has one, lol. Like the idea of it improving pore size...will it work on nose?

I don't think I need #2 and #3 yet...thankfully. I'll start back up the retin-A

I do it myself. I use the Dr Pen A6 unit. I think it cost about 130 and came with 12 cartridges. The cartridges can easily be used 4ish times. I clean it off in rubbing alcohol after each time.

U dont feel anything below about 1mm. I mostly use about 0.5-1mm on my face.

Im really not even joking... microneedling shrunk my pores down a ton. You have known me a while....u know there are reasons why my sebaceous glands may have been overactive years ago. Ever since those days my pores have been very prominent in certain areas. After a few sessions my skin looks almost too smooth in areas. I was very impressed. Now my woman uses it all the time lol

I was against microneedling for a longtime until they did some good studies showing local increase in growth factors and true path proven collagen increase. I dont jump into hype about anything i wait for good data and for many people i think it would be useful. Id suggest looking up some good before and after pics online. Excellent results for many people.

I understand microneedling may be a bit much for the manly macho men on this forum..yea i get it... it was for me too. But doing something for a few min a week that made a huge difference was a no brainer for me.

I've yet to give it a whirl tho there's some chatter that a compounded cream with methylene blue has facial anti-aging potential.

Good thread GG!

Yea Tailor made compounding has it. They have been asking if i wanna try it. Maybe i will... its like 1.50 for 25mg from them or something like that.

Great thread. What do you have to say about lasers?

I tend to think of them as a workout for your skin. Similar to training, the lasers create microtears in the proteins (of the ECM in this case) which then may repair into a stronger, fuller state, so similar to training, this is a great point to apply supplemental growth factors via needling or what not. Anyways, I haven't needed it as of yet, but I'm working through my protocol because it's about due. If you ever have any inkling for comments about the subject, please post them whenever you so please.

I really dont know much about them. I have never tried any resurfacing like that.

As for growth factors during microneedling...i think there is a better chance that they work when applied like that then when people apply them just normal topically. Id be careful usingthings like vitamin C...there have been plenty of case reports of issues with that during or immediately after microneedling.

Yea Tailor made compounding has it. They have been asking if i wanna try it. Maybe i will... its like 1.50 for 25mg from them or something like that.

My mistake thats for the capsule. The liquid is 10mg/ml 30ml for like 30-40 bucks which isnt bad at all. Ill certainly look into it in the future.

So, got my blood work back. Level at 35. So...
No Supp and no sun....29
Sun and no Supp....33
Supp(5k) and Sun....50
Supp and no Sun...35

Heading into winter, the sun option is out so I guess 10k on D supplement is the likely coverall.
I get bloods usually about every qtr so we'll see what that looks like in March

This talk of sun exposure brings up something related... The effects of sun exposure (or lack thereof) on mood. Especially this time of year.

I use a light therapy lamp every morning while drinking my coffee and reading. It makes a huge difference in my well being. I was even using it during this summer. I'm in central California, in a valley, so all the damn wildfire smoke accumulated in our area which prevented me from spending a lot of time outdoors.

This talk of sun exposure brings up something related... The effects of sun exposure (or lack thereof) on mood. Especially this time of year.

I use a light therapy lamp every morning while drinking my coffee and reading. It makes a huge difference in my well being. I was even using it during this summer. I'm in central California, in a valley, so all the damn wildfire smoke accumulated in our area which prevented me from spending a lot of time outdoors.
Good point on mood. Back in the 80s when I was in high school and tanning was very popular, I did it a lot. I still remember how good I would feel when coming out of the booth after a session. I think it was more then placebo. In the winter it was very pronounced.

Looking back, its almost shocking how good it made me feel. I could go in a bit depressed and come out feeling on top of the world. Anyone else get that? I'm sure some guys still tan in the winter?

Good point on mood. Back in the 80s when I was in high school and tanning was very popular, I did it a lot. I still remember how good I would feel when coming out of the booth after a session. I think it was more then placebo. In the winter it was very pronounced.

Looking back, its almost shocking how good it made me feel. I could go in a bit depressed and come out feeling on top of the world. Anyone else get that? I'm sure some guys still tan in the winter?

Its called seasonal affective disorder(SAD) and many people suffer from it. I love the sun and it has always made a huge difference in how I feel. That is actually one of the main reasons I live in AZ(and drive a convertible).

Its called seasonal affective disorder(SAD) and many people suffer from it. I love the sun and it has always made a huge difference in how I feel. That is actually one of the main reasons I live in AZ(and drive a convertible).
Yes, its well documented. The thing that surprises me is how much effect just 20 minutes affected me, or whatever the time was because I can't remember. The artificial light of the tanning bed seemed almost as if it was more powerful in this effect than natural light. I think its the effect on the pineal glad if I remember right. Perhaps the lamp puts out more of the needed wave length.

I do bright light therapy as well. Total game changer.

It took me most of my life to realize how much I was effected by lack of sunlight and weather.

Once I started using the lamp every morning my mood increased dramatically, my sleep schedule became on point... I just felt much better overall.

As for sunscreen, I don't agree with most on this issue.

Yes, it's great for preventing signs of aging but the negatives that comes with it are much worse to me than a few lines here and there. I'd much rather wear a hat and sunglasses than lather my face with dangerous carcinogenetic, cancer-causing chemicals any day.

I find it silly that people are afraid of the sun because they think they'll automatically get skin cancer but don't think twice putting chemicals all over their body... hmm wonder when the massive uptick in skin cancer started... maybe when we started putting these chemicals all over our bodies? But, no... the FDA and CDC says it's not the sunscreen, it's the sun... you know, that thing that's been in the sky for billions of years.

Give me a break.

Botox ( or in my case dysport) absolutely!

If you injured your tendon lifting you would say you needed time off to let it heal up. If you didnt take time off it may never heal. Same thing for your skin. its an organ and deep wrinkles are scar tissue/fibrosis. if you never give it a chance to heal it wont. Dont expect moisturizer to fix scarring.

By me using dysport it allowed that fibrosis to heal. I used to take dysport every 3 months. Now i do it every 6ish. Even after its fully worn off my wrinkles are gone because they healed after i stopped causing focal trauma to my skin.

I used to think things like botox was silly and men didnt do things like that. Then i realized how many guys i knew used it for prevention of wrinkles. Of my male physician ( 30s and 40s) friends id say of those i spoke with at least half use botox or equivalent and maybe 75-80% use retin A. These are guys in nyc, socal and SF

botox was not going to help my glabellar lines. Maybe if i had gotten to it earlier but by time i cared they were like deep furrows which made me look pissed off all the time. Those needed filler. After a year the scarring of the epidermis faded.
Do you inject fillers or dysport/Botox yourself or get it done at a clinic?

I do bright light therapy as well. Total game changer.

It took me most of my life to realize how much I was effected by lack of sunlight and weather.

Once I started using the lamp every morning my mood increased dramatically, my sleep schedule became on point... I just felt much better overall.

As for sunscreen, I don't agree with most on this issue.

Yes, it's great for preventing signs of aging but the negatives that comes with it are much worse to me than a few lines here and there. I'd much rather wear a hat and sunglasses than lather my face with dangerous carcinogenetic, cancer-causing chemicals any day.

I find it silly that people are afraid of the sun because they think they'll automatically get skin cancer but don't think twice putting chemicals all over their body... hmm wonder when the massive uptick in skin cancer started... maybe when we started putting these chemicals all over our bodies? But, no... the FDA and CDC says it's not the sunscreen, it's the sun... you know, that thing that's been in the sky for billions of years.

Give me a break.
I never used any sunscreen and last year had 2 spots of basal cell skin cancer removed at age 49.

There isn't any scientific doubt that the sun causes skin cancer and that sunscreen slows that down. Ive never seen any studies linking sunscreen chemicals to cancer. The people I know that have always avoided the sun and wear sunscreen don't have any skin cancer and have healthier looking skin and some are in their 80s. My family was always laying out tanning and we all have had cancer. Just my personal observation. I love the sun and tanning, but have paid a price.

Do you inject fillers or dysport/Botox yourself or get it done at a clinic?

I often do the dysport/botox myself as thats easy.The filler is more challenging and i have a friend do it at her office. Id be willing to use a "softer" filler at home if ever needed but i wouldnt use voluma XC at home.

I do it myself. I use the Dr Pen A6 unit. I think it cost about 130 and came with 12 cartridges. The cartridges can easily be used 4ish times. I clean it off in rubbing alcohol after each time.

U dont feel anything below about 1mm. I mostly use about 0.5-1mm on my face.

Im really not even joking... microneedling shrunk my pores down a ton. You have known me a while....u know there are reasons why my sebaceous glands may have been overactive years ago. Ever since those days my pores have been very prominent in certain areas. After a few sessions my skin looks almost too smooth in areas. I was very impressed. Now my woman uses it all the time lol

I was against microneedling for a longtime until they did some good studies showing local increase in growth factors and true path proven collagen increase. I dont jump into hype about anything i wait for good data and for many people i think it would be useful. Id suggest looking up some good before and after pics online. Excellent results for many people.

I understand microneedling may be a bit much for the manly macho men on this forum..yea i get it... it was for me too. But doing something for a few min a week that made a huge difference was a no brainer for me.

Think i'm gonna check it out and try it! I found the one you have, and it has good reviews. The wife didn't even know what it was, lol!

Did you ever find HGH to be helpful for skin appearance, etc, GG?

Not sure if you decided to ever use it considering your family history in regards to skin cancer and being at a higher risk.

Gonna hit back up the retin-A and moisturizing, and maybe the microneedling. I haver a big ass beard right now, for the last 1.5 years, so i'm not sure how I look in that area, LOL! Will hit back up the retin-a on the nose, forehead, and under the eyes:cool: Currently on HGH (2iu daily)....and a little test.

What to do about these deep wrinkles I also have on my scalp although luckily not as bad as Bull Mentula here?

I'm convinced they're also from Androgen-usage and growing your hair doesn't really help since it still shows 😢

Attachments

• e15650db2ad2ee5987c92ffcd9986189.jpg
    e15650db2ad2ee5987c92ffcd9986189.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 68
What to do about these deep wrinkles I also have on my scalp although luckily not as bad as Bull Mentula here?

I'm convinced they're also from Androgen-usage and growing your hair doesn't really help since it still shows 😢
I know you are alive and well because you just made the post, but your head seriously looks like it's about to explode in that pic. :oops: On a positive note, the veins in your arms look like they are going to pop out of your skin. Nice work!

I know you are alive and well because you just made the post, but your head seriously looks like it's about to explode in that pic. :oops: On a positive note, the veins in your arms look like they are going to pop out of your skin. Nice work!
Not a pic of myself bro 😀 That's Jari 'Bull' Mentula. I just used his pic as an example because he's the most obvious case of these scalp wrinkles I've ever seen.

I'm curious what gotgame and others in the know have to say about it because I've gotten comments about them before and if there's something I can do about it, I'm all ears.

Think i'm gonna check it out and try it! I found the one you have, and it has good reviews. The wife didn't even know what it was, lol!

Did you ever find HGH to be helpful for skin appearance, etc, GG?

Not sure if you decided to ever use it considering your family history in regards to skin cancer and being at a higher risk.

Gonna hit back up the retin-A and moisturizing, and maybe the microneedling. I haver a big ass beard right now, for the last 1.5 years, so i'm not sure how I look in that area, LOL! Will hit back up the retin-a on the nose, forehead, and under the eyes:cool: Currently on HGH (2iu daily)....and a little test.

i never got skin or hair benefits from GH. I really cant use it anymore as it messes with my dyplastic nevi. I will say though for me... 200mg test plus 3-4iu GH daily >> 500mg test on my physique.

I'm convinced they're also from Androgen-usage and growing your hair doesn't really help since it still shows

I also have cutis gyrata. Start super mild when i was about 20. Got worse as androgens were supraphysiologic at times. It used to be noticable if my hair was below about 3/4 inch.

There are two things you can do for it other then surgery.

Do microneedling in that area at a depth of about 1.5-2mm to break up that fibrosis and apply topical dutasteride immediately after. I firmly believe cutis gyrata has a strong androgen component when not associated with some weird genetic issues ( which i dont have).

The second thing is if it ever gets too bad you can just use filler there and it will take care of nearly all of it. I have not done that as the microneedling and dutasteride reduced the appearance of mine significantly. I am not aware of any studies on that...i am a case report of one so take that with a grain of salt.

I firmly believe cutis gyrata has a strong androgen component when not associated with some weird genetic issues ( which i dont have).

Most definitely, I've seen it on countless other juicers as well. Thx for the tips mate.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131