over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally did it, i quit drinking!

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
whew!!! i finally did it! as some of you may know i have been on a binder.
for past @3-4 years or more i have consistently drank atleast 10 shots of vodka every night. usually @15 and as much as 20 shots was not uncommon at all.
and that was just a monday night....
Lots of things contributed to me going off the deep end but i will save that for my log i will start coming this monday when i get back to training.

Anyway, quick recap: about 3-4 years ago it dawned on me i would never compete again and coincidentally i started drinking every night. quick working out pretty much. liver was so jacked from the alcohol i would barely eat 1-2 small meals always shit food. i would pass out at 12 midnight and sleep til near 2pm waking up and finally getting out of bed only cuz blood sugar would be so low i'd go hypo
Well, last week i woke up and had enough of it. i was starting to see physical side effects of the alcohol abuse. i had gotten skinny fat cuz was consuming most my cals in alcohol and barely eating. no working out and usually skipping my trt shot... i got the shakes in my hands to where i could barely get fork or spoon to my mouth before shaking all the food off... constantly sweating...
i also smoked cigarettes anytime i was buzzed or drunk so bout 10-12 smokes a night. i did that and the 10-15+ shots of vodka every night for YEARS.

i have now been totally sober and quit smoking both cold turkey last monday so officially been 1 week and 2 days. i know that sounds small but it is a great beginning. i finally slept GOOD for first time since i stopped drinking. so took a full week before i slept good.

for anyone struggling w the drink, just STOP! No excuses, no tappering off just stop. sooooo worth it. i now cant think of a reason to ever drink again. cons totally outweigh the pros....

i will start a log soon to keep me accountable and to show anyone how fast you can get back in shape. atleast i think i can, we will see....
-F2S

That's awesome man that you've strung together a week+ of physical sobriety. I really hope that you're able to find long term, continuous sobriety as well. Unfortunately, I was not able to JUST STOP on my own because I have alcoholism. Despite a sincere desire to not drink, the insane idea would win out and I'd be off to the races, even after a period of sobriety. Eventually I entered substance abuse treatment program and I've maintained sobriety in a 12 Step program for almost 13 years now. I'm not saying you're an alcoholic, but if you find that you do pick up a drink again, feel free to reach out, and I'd be happy to share my experience.

That's awesome man that you've strung together a week+ of physical sobriety. I really hope that you're able to find long term, continuous sobriety as well. Unfortunately, I was not able to JUST STOP on my own because I have alcoholism. Despite a sincere desire to not drink, the insane idea would win out and I'd be off to the races, even after a period of sobriety. Eventually I entered substance abuse treatment program and I've maintained sobriety in a 12 Step program for almost 13 years now. I'm not saying you're an alcoholic, but if you find that you do pick up a drink again, feel free to reach out, and I'd be happy to share my experience.
alcoholism is rampant thru my family and i definitely got it. its a bitch.
but man, i am soooo tired of that monkey on my back.
ALWAYS stopping at liquor store ALWAYS stopping st store to get my favorite mixer/chaser which is Sparkling Ice. yummy flavors and i'd tell myself it has anti oxidants and vitamins so thats good.... lol freaking delusional....
really tired of the routine and its become sooo unhealthy i think i am over it. i will def reach out if need to and appreciate that.
-F

for past @3-4 years or more i have consistently drank atleast 10 shots of vodka every night. usually @15 and as much as 20 shots was not uncommon at all.
Lots of things contributed to me going off the deep end but i will save that for my log i will start coming this monday when i get back to training.

Anyway, quick recap: about 3-4 years ago it dawned on me i would never compete again and coincidentally i started drinking every night. quick working out pretty much. liver was so jacked from the alcohol i would barely eat 1-2 small meals always shit food. i would pass out at 12 midnight and sleep til near 2pm waking up and finally getting out of bed only cuz blood sugar would be so low i'd go hypo
Well, last week i woke up and had enough of it. i was starting to see physical side effects of the alcohol abuse. i had gotten skinny fat cuz was consuming most my cals in alcohol and barely eating. no working out and usually skipping my trt shot... i got the shakes in my hands to where i could barely get fork or spoon to my mouth before shaking all the food off... constantly sweating...
i also smoked cigarettes anytime i was buzzed or drunk so bout 10-12 smokes a night. i did that and the 10-15+ shots of vodka every night for YEARS.

i have now been totally sober and quit smoking both cold turkey last monday so officially been 1 week and 2 days. i know that sounds small but it is a great beginning. i finally slept GOOD for first time since i stopped drinking. so took a full week before i slept good.

for anyone struggling w the drink, just STOP! No excuses, no tappering off just stop. sooooo worth it. i now cant think of a reason to ever drink again. cons totally outweigh the pros....

i will start a log soon to keep me accountable and to show anyone how fast you can get back in shape. atleast i think i can, we will see....
-F2S
Good for you bro!

move been there before! I would go through a liter of scotch in 2 nights for about 2-3 years at one point!

I have an extremely stressful job and it was eating me up.

I got married eventually and my wife started holding me accountable. Now I only drink a glass or two of expensive single malt scotch a week.

I still drink, but I’m in complete controls and haven’t been drunk in years.

Good for you bro!

move been there before! I would go through a liter of scotch in 2 nights for about 2-3 years at one point!

I got married eventually and my wife started holding me accountable. Now I only drink a glass or two of expensive single malt scotch a week.

me, not so much. i just CANT be moderate w it. i have tried and tried.
i wish i could. i always claimed i could. but naw, these past few years proves it makes me a wreck.

my job contributed to the drinking. NOT bc its stressful but bc i dont really have to do anything. like maybe 10 hrs of work a week... and thats from my couch mostly... i became a sedentary drunken mess....
the log will be fun. you guys gotta hear some of the insanely stupid shit i have done while on this 3+ year long binge
-F

Fit2Serve. Good for you, it sounds like it was becoming unmanageable for you.

I do have one caution. NOT EVERYONE SHOULD GO COLD TURKEY. It can kill you. One of the few withdrawals that can. This is good advice for many, but the fact is some will die trying to follow this at all costs. Some may require a step down or medical intervention. Most detox centers keep alcohol on hand just for this reason.

PWood

me, not so much. i just CANT be moderate w it. i have tried and tried.
i wish i could. i always claimed i could. but naw, these past few years proves it makes me a wreck.

my job contributed to the drinking. NOT bc its stressful but bc i dont really have to do anything. like maybe 10 hrs of work a week... and thats from my couch mostly... i became a sedentary drunken mess....
the log will be fun. you guys gotta hear some of the insanely stupid shit i have done while on this 3+ year long binge
-F
It’s good that you realize you can’t moderate it!

I always knew I could, because I never drank to get drunk..I might have drank a lot in a night, but I would often intentionally stop short of getting drunk.

but, I still dropped it cold turkey and went almost a year before I had another drink.

I never had any intention of stopping forever. I routinely travel to Scotland for scotch tours and host/attend scotch tasting events here in the US. I can literally sit there and smell a glass for an hour before I take the first drink.

I just had to prove beyond a reasonable doubt I could be responsible

I do have one caution. NOT EVERYONE SHOULD GO COLD TURKEY. It can kill you. One of the few withdrawals that can. This is good advice for many, but the fact is some will die trying to follow this at all costs. Some may require a step down or medical intervention. Most detox centers keep alcohol on hand just for this reason.

PWood
Alcohol withdrawal is hands down the most dangerous detox!

I have seen several die from it! Most have to be intubated

Congrats, what kind of job do you have? I can see how being home and not busy could cause issues, I need to be busy

I would like to add even more congratulations to you Fit, and others who have identified issues and took action to solve them. I would like to offer, that I believe two components exist:

1. Cease doing what is harming you in the best way for you. This will not be the same for everyone. This is the Stopping.

2. Put time into taking corrective action to not start back. Whether a program, a daily affirmation, a pact with a friend, meditation, minfullness. This is the not starting Back.

You don't have to quit drinking for ever. Just don't drink today and keep doing that.

PWood

Congrats, what kind of job do you have? I can see how being home and not busy could cause issues, I need to be busy
i own a Restaurant Delivery Service kinda like Doordash or Uber Eats. The pandemic has been lucrative $
i been in this business longer than all the corps i know of. in my 8th year now i think...
its a true blessing to have a successful business that basically runs itself but dang never thought the down time would make me LESS disciplined...
i have started another business tho to get me off my ass and keep me busy
-F

PWood
i really cant believe i was able to quit cold turkey after YEARS of 10-15+ drinks. my friends were little concerned i'd have some bad withdrawals
i prob averaged @14 drinks a night. every 2-3 days i would hit 20+ shots in a night... did that for 3-4 years straight. but even before that i was drinking near every night just not in such high amounts.
somehow i was able to quit cold w out health probs. worst thing was trying to sleep. but after a week its really GOOD sleep. i dream lucid... thats a nice perk.
-F

i really cant believe i was able to quit cold turkey after YEARS of 10-15+ drinks. my friends were little concerned i'd have some bad withdrawals
i prob averaged @14 drinks a night. every 2-3 days i would hit 20+ shots in a night... did that for 3-4 years straight. but even before that i was drinking near every night just not in such high amounts.
somehow i was able to quit cold w out health probs. worst thing was trying to sleep. but after a week its really GOOD sleep. i dream lucid... thats a nice perk.
-F
I got a little shaky, had headaches, muscle cramps, and insane irritability when I quit for about a week. I did vitamin b complex injections every day the whole week to speed up the sides though...I don’t know if they helped, but I convinced myself they did

-F2S
Congrats bro!

Also congrats on the fact that there was never anything noticeable from your alcohol abuse in your posting. That's also quite a feat.

I'm proud of you 😘 (no homo)

Glad to hear you were able to quit Fit2Serve. I'm sure it wasn't easy and even though some may think a week and 2 days is easy, I'm sure it wasn't. With the opening of your new biz and your new physical goals, I'm sure you will be able to stay away from those drinks. Stay strong.

Congrats! Day by day. Getting back in the gym should help with focus.

alcoholism is rampant thru my family and i definitely got it. its a bitch.
but man, i am soooo tired of that monkey on my back.
ALWAYS stopping at liquor store ALWAYS stopping st store to get my favorite mixer/chaser which is Sparkling Ice. yummy flavors and i'd tell myself it has anti oxidants and vitamins so thats good.... lol freaking delusional....
really tired of the routine and its become sooo unhealthy i think i am over it. i will def reach out if need to and appreciate that.
-F

Good for you brother. First and foremost why I respect your post and why i believe you can do it, is because you have admitted to us and to yourself (more importantly) that your an alcoholic, that right there will be the paramount to your success.

I too use to drink during the week, however, I would have 3-4 whisky's a night, sometimes 5-7 (I could drink half a bottle easy and walk straight), long story short, last year I said to myself WTF am I doing this for??

Since last year, I have limited my self to have 3-4 whisky's on Friday and Sat only, I enjoy the social aspect of it while BBQ'ing, however, if you feel 2-5 drinks doesn't cut it for you where you can drink the bottle and have no self control, fuck it man! Do your thing and don't look back!

Good luck.

Good for you

Thats what i was doing. 1/3rd -1/2 litter of scotch with 3-6 beers every night when the sun goes down. After 2 years I drank my life into a pathetic mess. Made the decision January 25, 2020 to quit it. Thankfully I haven’t touched it since. If your not drinking to get drunk then wtf are you drinking it for. That’s how my mind thinks. Best of luck to you @Fit2Serve. There are some very challenging days.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131