over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PEDs and Bodybuilding after 40

Rainmanisback

Registered
This thread is for the guys/gals (competitors or not) that want to talk about steroids (and other PED) usage after the age of 40. Either high dosages, orals, growth factors, Slin, or TRT let's talk about what you are currently using and what is your opinion about this subject.
Are you guys still blasting after 40?
Are you using only TRT levels because of health and longevity concerns?
Are you planning to stop at some point?
Do you think that using PEDs at our ages has a significant impact on cardiovascular health?
What do you do to stay as healthy as possible?

Note: This thread is NOT for people to come in and judge. There are many well-meaning people on the board who are just concerned about the health of others and that's a good thing, however, this thread is ONLY for those that wish to have a discussion regarding the love we have for PEDs and bodybuilding after 40.

The older you get, the more the cost:benefit ratio skews out of balance IMO. You should also know yourself by the age 40 enough to realize you are not gifted genetically for bodybuilding and pushing dosages is just addiction/foolishness. Unless you're that .01% that is actually gifted. The real joy for the 99.99% of us in pushing ourselves in our training and diet and using a moderate amount of hormones to help facilitate that.

You're an adult, make up your own mind. The fact that you're even asking these questions suggests you know the answer deep down.

Spoiler alert: shit ain't healthy, the less you use the greater your chance for not contracting a serious life debilitating illness/disorder.

The older you get, the more the cost:benefit ratio skews out of balance IMO. You should also know yourself by the age 40 enough to realize you are not gifted genetically for bodybuilding and pushing dosages is just addiction/foolishness. Unless you're that .01% that is actually gifted. The real joy for the 99.99% of us in pushing ourselves in our training and diet and using a moderate amount of hormones to help facilitate that.

You're an adult, make up your own mind. The fact that you're even asking these questions suggests you know the answer deep down.

Spoiler alert: shit ain't healthy, the less you use the greater your chance for not contracting a serious life debilitating illness/disorder.
I agree with you in fact. I'm 44 years old and I haven't "blast" for several years now. I haven't use orals for over 10 years and my dosages are very low compare to the old days. I'm asking these questions because I find it to be a very interesting subject and I want to hear the different opinions of the members of this board I've been following for a long time. Like I said in the first post I'm not looking for a sermon so please save it for yourself... I'm looking for people's experiences and approaches.

Offseason will for here on out be 150 test E, 150 primo per week.

If I ever do a show again then pre contest will be a blast but lower doses than before and rely more on peptides, GH, and a little insulin.

I normally for the past 8-9 years have broken up my year starting in May: 16 weeks on, 10 off, 16 on, 10 off. Right now I've been off (TRT cruise) 12 weeks and plan to stay at 240 Test/week until next spring. I may play around with 200 Test/100 Deca or 150 Test E5D/100 Deca E7D, 12.5mg Proviron/Day but I won't push things over 300mg/week until May-ish. 2iu/day of HGH is always in the mix on a cruise as well.

I just want to push my body as hard as I can to see what I can achieve at just TRT. I feel the best on a cruise dosage- erections, sex drive, appetite, energy levels, and overall sense of well being.

At 44 I stay on TRT (15mg/Ed) year round with 2iu HGH. I'll ramp the dose up going into a contest prep.
This year I'm planning to do a show in June , starting December 1st I plan to bump my test up to 300mg a week and 4iu HGH a day. Then possibly add another 100mg test before starting a 16 week prep.

I don't plan on competing at the national level so there really is no reason for me to push the limits and risk health issues.

TRT and let's talk about and opinions about this subject.
This topic is in need of discussion. Older men have had to adjust as the body changes with age. Most become more susceptible to side effects: toxicity, high red cells effects of BP on health etc.

I'm scripted 100 mg/w Test C. On 100 mg I am at 240 ng/dL at the end of the week. I am not on just that very often but I do for health reasons for 8 week periods. I will do 40-50 mg 3x a week and I am good with that dose and schedule.

Last time I blasted to 1.5 grams of stuff I felt like shit, held water.

What you are currently using
Test cyp 100 mg/w and Primo 150/w
GH 1 iu/d

AS stated above I goto TRT level doses periodically to clean up the blood profile and recover from any stress from my little bumps in AAS.

No plans to stop as long as my health is in order.

Do you think that using PEDs at our ages has a significant impact on cardiovascular health?
If you are an older man and using big doses of AAS, harsh AAS, lots of GH and other PEDS then you are playing with fire. If you take a step back, let the sensitivity come back rather than piling in drugs as you desensitize it is possible to find protocols that maintain what you've built and make some small gains. Diet and training become more important. Here are the compounds that seem to be relatively less of a problem for older men:
Base
Test at 100-300 mg
GH 1 iu
or
CJC DAC 1000 mcg/w
GHRP2 300 mcg/d

injectable (150-400 mg/w)
Primobolan
Masteron
EQ
NPP

Orals (20-40 mg/d)
Anavar
Turinabol
Winstrol

I generally keep things under a gram on a cycle now. typically 500-750 inj for 10-12 weeks and 280 mg/w orals in for 4-6 weeks.

Blood work, behavioral adjustment, cardio, diet, vitamins, sleep

For most of us, short of high-level competition, you can get everything you want out of AAS past 40 with minimal risk to health. But, you must educate yourself, have to follow the rules, and put in the work. This isn't complicated, it just involves doing all the things, like blood work, blood pressure, cardio, diet, etc. When things are out of whack you have to actually do something about it, and if you can't, then you have to be willing to stop cycling.

If you aren't putting health first, in all areas of your life, past 40, you are going to have a bad time.

As for cycles, I do TRT at 10mg/day (cyp) and then do cycles of four weeks each of 200mg/300mg/400mg/500mg over 16 weeks with minimal AI usage. This cycle still feels strong to me especially after doing a longish period of 10mg/day. I've always been an advocate of mainly just using test, even since I was just starting. It just feels like it does the job with the least negative impact. Titrating AI dosage correctly is tricky but easy with consistency and bloodwork, I'm not worried about microdoses of AI.

When I compete I add in 200-400 mast for the last 8 weeks and 25-50mg of winny for the last few weeks.

My "cruise" is now 250-300mg of test, sometimes 200mg if that's what I have on hand.
My "blast" is 600mg; roughly 50% test, 50% an anabolic.
I might use an oral time to time.

My health supplement protocol is optimal and my blood work shows that.

Testosterone is always going to be the "healthiest compound to run" because it's a hormone our own bodies produce. This said, I think more than 500mg test would be pushing. This in itself should yield great gains for anyone over 40 that has a good foundation and knows how to eat and train. On top of testosterone, most bodybuilders over 40 would benefit from low dose GH (2 units). If carbs get higher or one wants to add more to this stack, insulin would be my choice, but using it correctly and not feeding it like most do.

Aside from testosterone, milder compounds that I would consider are primobolan, low dose trestolone and DHB. Any of these compounds would make a nice cruise with a TRT dose of testosterone. Low dose nandrolone with your TRT could also be beneficial for joint pain relief. I'm not implying one should use all these compounds at once, but stating one of them at a time could be a relatively safe option.

Blood work is essential to know how the body is getting affected as it is an echo, EKG, CT scan etc...I see many people just going by blood work which is a huge mistake. You need to check your heart and make sure it's working correctly, plaque is not accumulating etc.

Thoughts on npp at 250mg per week as part of blast, not cruise, so like 10 weeks, along with 250 mg of test? Seems as though nandrolone gets both good and bad press.

My "cruise" is now 250-300mg of test, sometimes 200mg if that's what I have on hand.

You can always run 300 test 300 tren tasted yarrr

I am 52 and never used "illegal" gear. I took one bottle of TrenXtreme OTC about 11 years ago and it screwed up my BP. Right after that, I went to a doc and got scripted TRT. My current protocol is 100mg every 4th day (so 200mg over 8 days), HcG 2x per week. Been on that for about 6-7 years and all is well. NOTE: I did try scripted pharmacy grade IGF-1 for several months and got zero results.

TRT and let's talk about and opinions about this subject.
This topic is in need of discussion. Older men have had to adjust as the body changes with age. Most become more susceptible to side effects: toxicity, high red cells effects of BP on health etc.

I'm scripted 100 mg/w Test C. On 100 mg I am at 240 ng/dL at the end of the week. I am not on just that very often but I do for health reasons for 8 week periods. I will do 40-50 mg 3x a week and I am good with that dose and schedule.

Last time I blasted to 1.5 grams of stuff I felt like shit, held water.

What you are currently using
Test cyp 100 mg/w and Primo 150/w
GH 1 iu/d

AS stated above I goto TRT level doses periodically to clean up the blood profile and recover from any stress from my little bumps in AAS.

No plans to stop as long as my health is in order.

If you are an older man and using big doses of AAS, harsh AAS, lots of GH and other PEDS then you are playing with fire. If you take a step back, let the sensitivity come back rather than piling in drugs as you desensitize it is possible to find protocols that maintain what you've built and make some small gains. Diet and training become more important. Here are the compounds that seem to be relatively less of a problem for older men:
Base
Test at 100-300 mg
GH 1 iu
or
CJC DAC 1000 mcg/w
GHRP2 300 mcg/d

injectable (150-400 mg/w)
Primobolan
Masteron
EQ
NPP

Orals (20-40 mg/d)
Anavar
Turinabol
Winstrol

I generally keep things under a gram on a cycle now. typically 500-750 inj for 10-12 weeks and 280 mg/w orals in for 4-6 weeks.

Blood work, behavioral adjustment, cardio, diet, vitamins, sleep
Great post thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. And I agree this is a subject that should be discussed, hence, the reason for this thread.

You look amazing for 50 years old iron warrior!

Testosterone is always going to be the "healthiest compound to run" because it's a hormone our own bodies produce. This said, I think more than 500mg test would be pushing. This in itself should yield great gains for anyone over 40 that has a good foundation and knows how to eat and train. On top of testosterone, most bodybuilders over 40 would benefit from low dose GH (2 units). If carbs get higher or one wants to add more to this stack, insulin would be my choice, but using it correctly and not feeding it like most do.

Aside from testosterone, milder compounds that I would consider are primobolan, low dose trestolone and DHB. Any of these compounds would make a nice cruise with a TRT dose of testosterone. Low dose nandrolone with your TRT could also be beneficial for joint pain relief. I'm not implying one should use all these compounds at once, but stating one of them at a time could be a relatively safe option.

Blood work is essential to know how the body is getting affected as it is an echo, EKG, CT scan etc...I see many people just going by blood work which is a huge mistake. You need to check your heart and make sure it's working correctly, plaque is not accumulating etc.
Agree 100% blood word is not enough

I’m 34 been doing it since 20 and everytime I come off I am in so much pain all my joints my shoulders at toast two slipped discs L5 and S1. I remember the older guys in the gym saying be careful and it will catch up to you. I’m not even old and if I could do it over I would have never taken anything.
I just want to be on deca so my joints feel better.

I think here are some important pieces for those that do want to "push" things gear wise past 40:

(not in order of importance- all are important)

- If you have any sort of sleep apnea (even mild) get a CPAP

- Control blood pressure (kidneys are not very keen on regeneration when damaged)

- Protect your lipids (stay away and/or limit compounds that hammer cholesterol)

- Get bloodwork often (for me personally I rarely go more than 2-3 months without pulling labs)
*Included with your "regular labs" I feel that 2x a year one should test: fasted insulin, A1C, serum cystatin C, GGT (gamma-glutamyltransferase), Vitamin D, C- reactive protein, homocysteine, NMR for cholesterol, B-Type Natriuretic Peptide

- Get tested for the genetic clotting disorders

- Every 5 years, get a stress echo, or CT angiogram, or the latest and greatest

*I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things but this is a good base.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws