YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you have bad knee issues but absolutely love heavy weight barbell squatting? Absorbine liniment racehorse gel+Knee wraps+Front squats is solution.

Anabolic_Beast

Registered
I found the solution I wanted to share with you guys that allows me to continue to do what I love to do. So I'm pushing past my mid thirties now and started feeling horrible knee pains when doing the squats. It really made me feel like a fool that I could barely squat more than my benchpress because of threatening knee pains at the bottom squat position. So I decided, instead of masking it with deca or anadrol, that I was going to order a pair of medium sized knee sleeves that fitted real tight. So today I did this:
1. Applied a good amount of Absorbine brand race horse relief liniment gel on both knee caps pre workout.
2. Did a good 12-15 minutes of brisk walking on machine
3. Did 3 sets of 20 reps of light weight legs xtensions with 100 pounds
4. Applied both knee wraps on knees
5. Executed 8 sets of front squats (ass to grass) with perfect form. limited each set to 5 reps..but emphasized on perfect form and full ROM and correct breathing technique.
6. And enjoyed a completely pain free workout with zero knee pain during and post workout.

Front squats are golden..I compared it to the back squat. Its night and day difference and helps the knees tremendously. Back squats murder my knees..especially ass to grass on bottom position. Wanted to share this with u guys. Give it a try.

I found the solution I wanted to share with you guys that allows me to continue to do what I love to do. So I'm pushing past my mid thirties now and started feeling horrible knee pains when doing the squats. It really made me feel like a fool that I could barely squat more than my benchpress because of threatening knee pains at the bottom squat position. So I decided, instead of masking it with deca or anadrol, that I was going to order a pair of medium sized knee sleeves that fitted real tight. So today I did this:
1. Applied a good amount of Absorbine brand race horse relief liniment gel on both knee caps pre workout.
2. Did a good 12-15 minutes of brisk walking on machine
3. Did 3 sets of 20 reps of light weight legs xtensions with 100 pounds
4. Applied both knee wraps on knees
5. Executed 8 sets of front squats (ass to grass) with perfect form. limited each set to 5 reps..but emphasized on perfect form and full ROM and correct breathing technique.
6. And enjoyed a completely pain free workout with zero knee pain during and post workout.

Front squats are golden..I compared it to the back squat. Its night and day difference and helps the knees tremendously. Back squats murder my knees..especially ass to grass on bottom position. Wanted to share this with u guys. Give it a try.
Give banded TKE's a try instead of or in addition to your leg extensions. Also, warming up the hammies ALOT before squats helps me a little and I've read a number of others do this as well.

Throwing linament on your knees (basically a bengay-like numbing gel) is not the solution to knee pain.
I was a PLer and LIVED on that stuff putting it all over my elbows and knees. Guys STILL get degenerative pain and wear and tear just because you "can't feel it."

This isn't a solution, this is just a way to train around it. Simple as that.

Using a curved bar for back squats helped me out a lot when i couldnt even get through 1 set with a straight bar

I've had the same problem myself over the last few years (46 years old). I actually use some smaller knee wraps that have velcro on them. A little more convenient than the old powerlifting wraps, and I dont wrap them super tight but I am able to back and front squat. I have a little more pain from front squat compared to back but the wraps make a huge difference. I do still have to take my share of ibuprofen now days after I do about anything but you find ways to do what you love.

I've developed osgood schlatter from periodically training heavier than I should for legs with a torn acl and meniscus in one knee

The thing is, just because it feels good doing the movement doesn't mean your ligaments and cartilage are handling it well. I was on crutches and couldn't bend my knee in March, and was back up to training with 80% poundages by late July (not a smart move)

I've been trying to find ways of training quads with lower-moderate weights and some volume while having progressive overload for all other areas; wouldn't be surprised if I got OA in 15-20 years anyway :)

Always during autumn and winter my right knee hurts and nags. You could set the clock to it.
I use several things for relief and some days are better than others. Depending on temp and humidity outside.
Arthritis is a bitch right?
When its real bad i apply Voltaren gel (diclof) for three weeks daily.
This numbs somewhat.
Also use soles is my shoes to correct my flat feet and have my patellar tracking better.
Since i saw a vid from vigorous steve i apply red tiger balm and take 2x500mg boswellia extract.
The balm heats it up and i just started boswellia, so no opinion about this yet.
Basically i can do all my legwork the way i want to.
After all thats the goal, right?

Why switch from a hip dominant movement pattern to a knee dominant pattern? :confused:

Sounds like a lot of other guys have done and tried the same thing..but it seems like that the end result is not so good to just mask the pain cause its only gonna get worse over time right?
I dug up some old posts regarding knee pains and want to quote B-Boy post from 2011:

"my knees always bother me, i can go in every so often and smash some heavy squats, but then im out for 3 weeks of not hardly being able to do anything! i just try and lighten the weight, do a shitload of reps (30-50 reps) and hit those bastards from every angle possible.

what jay cutler told me regarding heavy squats...."if it hurts dummy, don't do it" ;)".

Dang..that makes sense because if I go heavy..I suffer for a week with knee pains after that. NOT worth it for me anymore..especially that I work blue collar hard labor job. So I think if it hurts to go heavy..instead of masking it with all of that stuff I mentioned and going super heavy with 5 reps..im going to just do a real lot of reps with light weights and just go for the maximum pump effect and shoot for much more reps (but still with the knee wraps!).

My solution was to get my right knee replaced!

it’s stronger than ever...really, this shit is an unfair advantage

Sounds like a lot of other guys have done and tried the same thing..but it seems like that the end result is not so good to just mask the pain cause its only gonna get worse over time right?
I dug up some old posts regarding knee pains and want to quote B-Boy post from 2011:

"my knees always bother me, i can go in every so often and smash some heavy squats, but then im out for 3 weeks of not hardly being able to do anything! i just try and lighten the weight, do a shitload of reps (30-50 reps) and hit those bastards from every angle possible.

what jay cutler told me regarding heavy squats...."if it hurts dummy, don't do it" ;)".

Dang..that makes sense because if I go heavy..I suffer for a week with knee pains after that. NOT worth it for me anymore..especially that I work blue collar hard labor job. So I think if it hurts to go heavy..instead of masking it with all of that stuff I mentioned and going super heavy with 5 reps..im going to just do a real lot of reps with light weights and just go for the maximum pump effect and shoot for much more reps (but still with the knee wraps!).
Yes and Alex also has me doing everything in a 12-30 rep range. Said at my age this is best, I have worn my joint and ligaments out over many years of heavy lifting, so now I just try to get stronger in a higher rep range.

And yes Jay Cutler's advise still sticks with me and I tell people in my gym ALL THE TIME.."if it hurts don't do it dummy"!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131