over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chronic Pain? Kratom- why/how I use it

UsmcOldSchoolMuscle

Registered
I am a former infantry Marine that served in Iraq. As a 50 cal gunner I was engaged in a fire-fight when my vehicle took rounds from an anti-aircraft gun and my back was injured as a result.

I use kratom to improve my quality of living, not specifically for pain.

From my experience dealing with chronic pain is best done through the acceptance that pain may always be there. Various forms of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) such as Anger Management and Mind Over Mood have helped tremendously. I don't think I am alone in that when I am in pain I can have a short temper and an angry disposition. Also chronic pain can lead to a gloomy outlook and just poor mood overall. CBT helps me to gain the skills that help with these issues.
As for acceptance of the pain I found that Mindfulness Meditation, Guided Imagery Meditation and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) have made a huge difference. These forms of therapy are primarily regarding mental health. I have had lengthy stints of physical therapy and pain management through polytrauma and I have found CBT and ACT to be more helpful. I have drawn this conclusion: much of the pain we feel are like alarm sensors telling us something is wrong so that we can do something about it. However with many forms of chronic pain there is little that we can do to change this. Thus all we can do is learn to accept.

How I do go about alleviating chronic pain?
*Dry Needling with the physical therapist has been most beneficial for myself.
*H-wave For personal use I have an H-Wave machine. It's a pricing peice of machinery but the first time I tried it I just fell asleep as I had relief that I hadn't felt in years. Those suffering from chronic pain should certainly look into an H-Wave and real testimonials from users.
*Ice Packs are a constant companion and in my opinion should be the first line of defense. Reduction of swelling and dulling pain sensors cannot be understated.

Now for Kratom: How I use it

I use 1/2 teaspoon prior to most workouts. For most, myself included, Bali and White strains work best in this regard, lacking a sedative effect possibly having an energizing effect.

If I am looking for something to help me relax I opt for Green even some yellow strains.
Before bed I lean towards Red Vein strains.
If pain levels are really severe I take 1/2 tsp of kratom and half tablet of a prescription opioid medication. I take Curcumin daily and rarely do I ever use NSAIDs.

To be honest I have a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon that I don't even fill up all the way and I do not take more than this is one sitting. The emphasis for me it to gain the benefits while avoiding the "High" feeling. A slight uptick in mood is great but euphoria and a high is were things get risk for myself.
I typically try to avoid using kratom more than 2 times in a day and honestly if I'm do more than 3 doses I can be sure that I'm doing so out of stress and for emotional reasons. In my personal journey with counseling the goal is to accept negative emotion and not try to numb them. Same goes for a pain.

Kratom habituates so I rotate strains constantly which helps me avoid building a tolerance. I keep multiple "colors"/strains on hand and mix it up with each order.

General Info:
White Vein tends to be energizing, uplifting, and focusing.

Green Vein tends to be euphoric, bringing positivity and chattiness.

Red Vein tends to be mildly sedating, relaxing, and pleasant.

Red Veins cannot only have a sedative effect but tend to be stronger so most should use a lower dosage. Maeng Da strains have high alkaloid content and should be used with caution by new users.

I hadn't always stuck to the same dose and limited usage. Before CBT therapy I used Kratom throughout the day at larger doses with all sorts of enhanced strains. It has been a minimum of two years since this was the case.

Dramamine (Meclizine)
Keep this on hand if your going to try higher doses for pain as this medication may help keep nausea at bay.

Want to use Katom instead of Pain Pills cause opioid constipation is literally a pain in the ass?

Yea I've been there too lol

I’ve been on the Kratom for quite a while. While I usually do like the high effect of really anything that has that effect, tolerance to the high of Kratom occurs very very quickly. After being off for an extended period, at least months, I’ll get the high on my first dose starting up again and that is it. There is a boost of energy and focus from it, but not as pronounced the longer I take it. That being said, if I forget to take it I do notice something is missing. Pain relief which is original reason I started taking it for back pain I can’t say that it comes even remotely close to taking a narcotic pain pill. It doesn’t touch extreme pain the way a Percocet would. Not sure if it is all mental or not but I do include it everyday in my daily supplements.

I can't do kratom because I have a highly addictive personality, plus I have seen many friends become both physically and psychologically addicted to it (better off than my friends who ODed from that other dope though).

Slightly off topic question: have you tried BPC157 for pain/inflammation. It's my little daily "angel" - I would be much more gloomy and in pain without it, the relief is almost instantaneous (within 20 minutes) and allowed me to completely stop NSAIDs, icing, contrast showers, etc.

My vascularity has also increased a good bit from it, although I'm also on test/primo/GH so hard to say how MUCH it contributes to that but on paper it is potent for angiogenesis.

PS I also have done many years of CBT for my pain/injuries.

Kratom is good ive used it for a while. Still have just don't use it.this didn't happen to me. But withdrawal from Kratom is worse than opiods. I personally know people that have .and I've read a ton of people that haved

At what doses did they end up having withdraw symptoms? I’ve used 2 teaspoons every day sometimes multiple times a day for over a year and have come off no problems. Could tell a lil something was missing but nothing major.

Kratom is good ive used it for a while. Still have just don't use it.this didn't happen to me. But withdrawal from Kratom is worse than opiods. I personally know people that have .and I've read a ton of people that haved
It really can be hard on some people quitting. I was on it for a few years when I decided to stop due to my tolerance for it always increasing.

When I stopped, I had super high blood pressure, I was sweating, but cold, shaking, and yawning constantly. I just looked like I was sick, like the flu or something. I was very achy and lethargic as well.

I ended up going to a doctor for it. She thought I was on fucking heroine the way I was when I went in. I explained to her what it was and she wrote a few prescriptions to help with the symptoms. My doctor is really understanding with things and she really took the time to help me with this, luckily.

Anyway, I was really surprised that I would get like that. I read other people saying it was like a "caffeine withdrawal" and maybe it was for them. But I know for me personally, it fucked me up. I was absolutely miserable and wasn't pleasant to be around. My wife would try to help as much as possible, she would rub my legs at night since I would lay there and have to move them in a way. Really strange, like restless leg syndrome or something.

I'm not saying it doesn't work or should not be used or anything. But maybe just keep in mind the possibilities you might have, unexpectedly, if and when you decide to come off.

Not to discourage anyone looking to use it in small occasional doses but my experience was pure hell. USMC seems to know pretty much what he's doing as far as taking meds responsibly. A lot of people especially myself start out with the thought of taking kratom again responsibly but get caught up pounding down large doses every day. And then your fucked. And pimpman is right. I've been threw opiate withdrawals 3 times after back operations but coming off 35 grams of kratom a day had me on my hands and knees crying like a baby. Wont even touch it in small doses.

been using kratom for 6 years. got into it cuz a guy here was a vendor. im sure yall know who im talkin bout
my dose after 6 years is no more than 12g a day.
sometimes less. i'll forget a dose, leave, and not even think about it.
and im coming from an opiate addiction where i'd take 6 vicodin with an oxy and a 6pack of bud.
i was a 40 tramadol a day abuser who shoulda died from it.
kratom got me off of a bottle a 12pk a day beer habit. or 1/2 a bottle of vodka.
tolerance-wise im nowhere near where i'd be if i was on oxy or hydrocodone....i'd be a few dozen a day of those by now. actually id be on alot more than that if i was still alive

holy low dose.... 2 teaspoons!?
not even gonna type how much i have taken lol
the tolerance to it happens WAY too fast so i am not a fan.
decided to stick w good ole thc
-F
Definitely a low dose compared to these guys!!!! Think when I weighed out a heaping teaspoon it was about 5g so 10g is my usual dose. As much as I’d like to take more I just can’t stomach it. Getting that stuff down is rough. Toss and wash as it doesn’t really mix well with anything. I’ve taken 35g a day (not regularly) but not all at once; incrementally throughout the day. If someone can do that much at one time I’d like to know your method of ingestion?

Not to discourage anyone looking to use it in small occasional doses but my experience was pure hell. USMC seems to know pretty much what he's doing as far as taking meds responsibly. A lot of people especially myself start out with the thought of taking kratom again responsibly but get caught up pounding down large doses every day. And then your fucked. And pimpman is right. I've been threw opiate withdrawals 3 times after back operations but coming off 35 grams of kratom a day had me on my hands and knees crying like a baby. Wont even touch it in small doses.
I know the feeling to well. I get scripted percocet for over 5 yesrs now for back injury and I've comed off few times and it was horrible. But kratom is by far worse

It really can be hard on some people quitting. I was on it for a few years when I decided to stop due to my tolerance for it always increasing.

When I stopped, I had super high blood pressure, I was sweating, but cold, shaking, and yawning constantly. I just looked like I was sick, like the flu or something. I was very achy and lethargic as well.

I ended up going to a doctor for it. She thought I was on fucking heroine the way I was when I went in. I explained to her what it was and she wrote a few prescriptions to help with the symptoms. My doctor is really understanding with things and she really took the time to help me with this, luckily.

Anyway, I was really surprised that I would get like that. I read other people saying it was like a "caffeine withdrawal" and maybe it was for them. But I know for me personally, it fucked me up. I was absolutely miserable and wasn't pleasant to be around. My wife would try to help as much as possible, she would rub my legs at night since I would lay there and have to move them in a way. Really strange, like restless leg syndrome or something.

I'm not saying it doesn't work or should not be used or anything. But maybe just keep in mind the possibilities you might have, unexpectedly, if and when you decide to come off.
Very very true bro horrible

been using kratom for 6 years. got into it cuz a guy here was a vendor. im sure yall know who im talkin bout
my dose after 6 years is no more than 12g a day.
sometimes less. i'll forget a dose, leave, and not even think about it.
and im coming from an opiate addiction where i'd take 6 vicodin with an oxy and a 6pack of bud.
i was a 40 tramadol a day abuser who shoulda died from it.
kratom got me off of a bottle a 12pk a day beer habit. or 1/2 a bottle of vodka.
tolerance-wise im nowhere near where i'd be if i was on oxy or hydrocodone....i'd be a few dozen a day of those by now. actually id be on alot more than that if i was still alive
Yea 12g is at the top number.I use to take 2.5g never more than 3g

Definitely a low dose compared to these guys!!!! Think when I weighed out a heaping teaspoon it was about 5g so 10g is my usual dose. As much as I’d like to take more I just can’t stomach it. Getting that stuff down is rough. Toss and wash as it doesn’t really mix well with anything. I’ve taken 35g a day (not regularly) but not all at once; incrementally throughout the day. If someone can do that much at one time I’d like to know your method of ingestion?
Dammmm 35g a day thats like way a lot bro

Been using kratom for several years and only use 2.5 grams a day in the evening, just to take the edge off. I have had body parts cut away and modified, and a few more that probably will be. discomfort is a way of life. I avoid pain meds as much as possible as it leads to using more as time goes. I would not take any pain meds prior to training as that just would hide any damage I was doing at the time then may need more to overcome the damage I was continuing to do.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws