over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicken. Whats your cut?

Mason4fitness

Newbies
I've been messing around with different cuts of chicken. The thighs are my favorite right now. Chicken breast although leaner is very dry and is a tougher cut compared to thigh meat cooked the same way.
I dont mind taking the bones out when its raw since I do this once a week for my bulldog anways. I just do mine at the same time and keep his separate since I add beef liver and other things to his.
I've done this to keep my food tastier and its worked so far. That plus this new air fryer I got makes things so EZ.
What are some things you do to keep the food from becoming monotonous and monotone.

I used to stick to just the breast, but marinated thighs are so much tastier. Boneless skinless thighs cost more than boneless skinless breast these days though.

Thighs 100%

Just cannot do breast anymore... worst meat besides turkey.

I usually buy the skin on thighs with the bone but cut the bone out prior to throwing them in the air fryer.... crispy and delicious!

Also way cheaper than breast and it only takes 30 seconds to cut out the bone. Easy breazy.

Chicken in general is disgusting, don't get me wrong I definitely eat and prefer chicken but think of all things you have to do to it to make actually it taste good. Ever try chicken that wasn't marinated or seasoned?

That being said, I only eat breast but it has to be marinated or forget it. As soon as I buy my chicken it goes in a pyrex in the fridge marinating with something until I'm ready to cook it otherwise it's a disgusting meat, even organic. I can definitely understand why some of you would be turned off by breast meat if you're just taking it from the package to the stove.

Marinated thighs on the grill. Non-breaded wings on the grill, also marinated.

I definitely prefer thighs over breast for taste but breast are obviously the preferred cut due to higher percentage of Protein.

I've been smoking alot of whole chickens lately and I'm finding the breast easier to tolerate.

Try chicken wings in the air fryer. Dry them off, salt them and then put them in the air fryer set at 375. 10 mins then flip, another 10 mins....then ramp up to 450 and finish them for 3-5 mins. Pull them out and throw them in a mixing bowl and cover with Franks Hot Buffalo wing sauce (or your fav wing sauce or rub). Loaded with protein. Reasonable amount of fat. Almost no carbs. LOTS OF FLAVOR. Calories in Chicken Wing, Raw - Nutritional Information and Diet Info (fitbit.com)
5F31D354-6A08-0F14-48C2-A644FFAA1F85-9619.jpeg

Chicken thighs in air fryer. Enough fat on them to not have to add any and gives them a nice color. One tip I'll add is make sure you're rotating the chicken for even color and temperature.

Got a smoker grill and definitely use the temp probe as to not over cook as breasts and tenders do dry out quickly if you over do it. Thighs are great in that they are juicier and much much harder to dry out. Use a rub called Rub Some Chicken. Very good.

What marinades do y’all like?

brine the breasts.
cook em on higher heat in oiled pan.
garlic pepper salt lemon if u want.
when im done they kinda fall apart in me mouth. not tough or dry at all. not even close.

Chicken breast on a Cuisinart kitchen grill. Season with Tony Cachere's before grilling; grill at 350 until done. Don't just set a timer and do something else - watch it and turn as necessary. Great flavor, never dry.

Got a smoker grill and definitely use the temp probe as to not over cook as breasts and tenders do dry out quickly if you over do it. Thighs are great in that they are juicier and much much harder to dry out. Use a rub called Rub Some Chicken. Very good.

What marinades do y’all like?

Soy Vey regular and island teriyaki, G Hughes

THIGHS.
Can't get excited about chicken breasts unless it's some sort of buffalo chicken sandwich-which is rarely grilled.

THIGHS.
Can't get excited about chicken breasts unless it's some sort of buffalo chicken sandwich-which is rarely grilled.
Safeway grocery stores (I think it's Von's in Socal) offer grilled chicken breasts for their deli sandwiches. They are rather good. Usually it's pretty moist, but I typically include cucumber which adds quite of bit of moisture in case the meat happens to be dry.

I eat every piece usable meat from Rottiserie Chicken. When I comes to slow cooked chicken I prefer the breasts over the thighs.

I can't stand chicken breasts cooked most ways so I'd rather just boil them.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws