over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CoC gripper training

Cv215

Registered
Newbies
Was wondering if any of you guys have these and what kind of training you do to work your way up the different grip levels.

I originally bought the Trainer and the #1, because i wasn't really sure where I'd be. I can close the #1 pretty easily so i just ordered the 1.5 and 2. Im suprised by how many dudes at my gym weren't able to close the #1.

I've been using straps for everything for years so i had assumed i developed a weak grip, and i have relatively small Forearms. I was suprised by how quickly grip strength goes up when you actually incorporate forearm and grip specific work in.

Another question. Does forearm training like various wrist curls actually help with grip strength? Or is the only way to increase grip is by specific grip training.

Ive been lifting weights for a long fucking time. Even just finding stupid little stuff like this to work on helps revamp enthusiasm a bit.

Kirill sarychev easily closed a CoC 3.5 on his first attempt ever. His only grip work was double overhand deadlifts. Real strength is pretty generalized

Bought them years ago. I gave up on them as it was slow going, nothing much was happening. I'm sure eventually I would have made at least some gains. Maybe I should start up again and see.

Was able to close the #2 years back but I never tried any of the stronger ones cause I didn’t have access to them. My hands are like soup cans with sausage fingers lol, thick and strong but I don’t have long fingers so it’s very hard to grip certain things because of how thick my hands are.

One of my best friends though has huge hands, like catcher’s mitts and I have no doubt he could close the stronger grippers. He’s got gorilla genetics anyway, so things come easy.

Kirill sarychev easily closed a CoC 3.5 on his first attempt ever. His only grip work was double overhand deadlifts. Real strength is pretty generalized
Lol this does not suprise me what soever. I can't imagine how massive that mans hands are. Having giant hands like that is obviously going to give you more leverage, allowing for more power on a hand gripper.

That strength doesnt count much in arm wrestling though lol.

Was able to close the #2 years back but I never tried any of the stronger ones cause I didn’t have access to them. My hands are like soup cans with sausage fingers lol, thick and strong but I don’t have long fingers so it’s very hard to grip certain things because of how thick my hands are.

One of my best friends though has huge hands, like catcher’s mitts and I have no doubt he could close the stronger grippers. He’s got gorilla genetics anyway, so things come easy.
Bought them years ago. I gave up on them as it was slow going, nothing much was happening. I'm sure eventually I would have made at least some gains. Maybe I should start up again and see.
Those fat grips are pretty cool and make grip training a little more fun. They are sleeves that you can put on any barbell or dumbell to turn it into an axel grip. Fat grips on a barbell with 225 makes that bitch feel like its 600lbs lol. You should pick some up

I started with the trainer and the #1. I got to where I could close the number 1. I bought the #2 and could never get it closed......I got to within a half inch or so. Having small thick hands I had to start closing them with my pinkie off the grip because it couldn't really reach it well. It was a fun challenge but I peaked at the #1. I blame my Irish parents.

I started with the trainer and the #1. I got to where I could close the number 1. I bought the #2 and could never get it closed......I got to within a half inch or so. Having small thick hands I had to start closing them with my pinkie off the grip because it couldn't really reach it well. It was a fun challenge but I peaked at the #1. I blame my Irish parents.

You should get the 1.5. My 1.5 came in today and i can close it, but im not entirely sure if ill be able to close the #2. I might be able to. I trained biceps, forearms, and grip this morning so i was already pretty fried and i got home and pulled the 1.5 out of the mailbox and to my suprise was still able to close it. I think when i recover a bit ill be ready for the #2. Either way i think those stepping stone numbers like 1.5 and 2.5 are probably pretty helpful.

I wonder if the pinkie and ring finger even add any power when it comes to actual maximum grip power..

I noticed when i do heavy holds with a barbell and im squeezing for dear life, right before the barbell breaks from my grip into the safety straps i notice that the only fingers that are even still holding on are my index and middle finger and obviously thumb.

You should get the 1.5. My 1.5 came in today and i can close it, but im not entirely sure if ill be able to close the #2. I might be able to. I trained biceps, forearms, and grip this morning so i was already pretty fried and i got home and pulled the 1.5 out of the mailbox and to my suprise was still able to close it. I think when i recover a bit ill be ready for the #2. Either way i think those stepping stone numbers like 1.5 and 2.5 are probably pretty helpful.
Yeah, I've got a 1.5 and that's the best I can do now. I don't really lift at all now but can still get that. Wish I had tried them back before my heart attack. Ive got a trainer, 1.0, and 1.5

I have several of them. I do the 80lb trainer all day. I usually use it the whole time I’m sitting at my desk or walking around at work. I alternate 20 squeezes in each hand.

I have been an elite level shooter for a long time, but in the last 8-10 years have really focused on handgun. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that trigger squeeze, sight picture, stance..none of that shit is important...just grip. So, I started with the grip trainers religiously and started grandmastering in several divisions pretty quickly considering.

I have several of them. I do the 80lb trainer all day. I usually use it the whole time I’m sitting at my desk or walking around at work. I alternate 20 squeezes in each hand.

I have been an elite level shooter for a long time, but in the last 8-10 years have really focused on handgun. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that trigger squeeze, sight picture, stance..none of that shit is important...just grip. So, I started with the grip trainers religiously and started grandmastering in several divisions pretty quickly considering.
That's pretty badass. So when your shooting are you squeezing the grip of the gun pretty hard? Like really hard? I have a few 1911s and a cz shadow and go to the range often. All i do is basic target practice though. Im always trying to find ways to shoot better. For a while i was holding the pistol wrather relaxed and focusing more on squeezing the trigger perfectly straight back. I wonder how tightly a bullseye pistol shooter would hold his pistol?

I used to have the 1, 1.5 and 2. Could close the 2 and would do rep work with 1 and 1.5.
Never saw hypertrophy gain though, just good strength in other grip work.

I have had much better success on forearm hypertrophy with standard hammer curls and reverse EZ bar curls.

That's pretty badass. So when your shooting are you squeezing the grip of the gun pretty hard? Like really hard? I have a few 1911s and a cz shadow and go to the range often. All i do is basic target practice though. Im always trying to find ways to shoot better. For a while i was holding the pistol wrather relaxed and focusing more on squeezing the trigger perfectly straight back. I wonder how tightly a bullseye pistol shooter would hold his pistol?
I grip my support hand like I’m trying break the gun...my trigger hand is still firm, but I relax it a little more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws