advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those that deload or cruise their training?

comedycentral

Registered
I have come to the end of a heavy 5 week block beating the log book with weight and or reps and I’m getting a little burned out. I have decided to be sensible and deload for a week give the body and mind a little breather.
When others do this what level do you start on the week or however long after your deload. Do you use the same weight and rep no that you had the last week before you finished or do you start lower again.
Do you swap your exercises?
I am getting some pretty decent results with this current set up and exercise selection so was going to run another 4 weeks.
I’ve never really reloaded properly before as a planned thing so people’s thoughts much appreciated

Without knowing how you program its hard to give an opinion bro . I deload after a few weeks of high volume training or heavy strength training . I mostly train using a linear program so after the deload my weight and rep scheme changes anyways whether its volume or frequency it will be a different phase bro .

I would go right back to that last week's weight and just try to match your reps.
I just recently did this...8 or 9 days fully off from the gym AND dropping down to cruise dose.

Went back in to Hammer Incline and just wanted to try and MATCH my reps from that last week.
Chances are you'll match or lose a rep but then use that as a new baseline to build from.

I take 5-14 days off completely. When I do go back I start where I left off. If any exercise had stalled I change it. I keep in exercises as long as I’m progressing on them. I usually come back to the gym stronger after taking time off.

I just go by feel. 70 percent max load id say. Just focus on my pump. It’s cool you did a 5 week log just going balls out.

I deload by lowering frequency. I stick to pull/push/legs so weeks look like

w1: 3 sessions a week
W2: 4 sessions a week
W3: 4 sessions
W4: 5 sessions
W5: 5 sessions
W6: 2 sessions

so w6 is the deload and wk1 is pretty easy. I don’t like to mess with volume or intensity, I have pretty much nailed my sessions on appropriate volume and intensity in which I recover enough to beat the log book. Except end of week five I start to slightly overreach and get sore and fatigued. Then wk 6 is about fatigue falling off and wk1 I “realize” the adaptations (theoretically)

I would go right back to that last week's weight and just try to match your reps.
I just recently did this...8 or 9 days fully off from the gym AND dropping down to cruise dose.

Went back in to Hammer Incline and just wanted to try and MATCH my reps from that last week.
Chances are you'll match or lose a rep but then use that as a new baseline to build from.
It's wonderful when you've rested then return to the gym rejuvenated and find your reps increasing!

There two manors in which I may deload:

-Similar to USMuscle9403 I will simply perform a specific rep range and will discontinue any of the following; drop sets, supersets, forced reps, cheated positive to a slow negative.

-the second method is what Cito33189 alluded to regarding focusing on the pump. I may increase the rep range slightly and perform lifts which focus isolation and pump opposed to compound lifts and poundage.

With the pandemic is very important that we are not impeding our immune system. Overtraining poses much greater risks at the moment.

Periodization for hypertrophy is typically not necessary. In this context taking a step back doesn't work towards taking a step forward unless you were heavily over trained, at least physiological stand point. Honestly how you feel and how you look and perform are hardly related.

Periodization for hypertrophy is typically not necessary. In this context taking a step back doesn't work towards taking a step forward unless you were heavily over trained, at least physiological stand point. Honestly how you feel and how you look and perform are hardly related.
Break this down for me like I’m 5years old.

Break this down for me like I’m 5years old.

A deload is to clear fatigue from critical systems, typically hypertrophy blocks dont stress any one system to the point of failure other than the peripheral tissues. You take a week or so with less stimulus and stress just to have to take time to work back to that point.

I'm not going to be rude but I disagree with his statement. Or at least it seems as though rest is being undervalued.

I'll wait for any evidence high level bodybuilders deload let alone benefit from deloading.

I'll also wait for any correlation between "feeling beat up" and how you perform.

I'll wait for any evidence high level bodybuilders deload let alone benefit from deloading.

I'll also wait for any correlation between "feeling beat up" and how you perform.
John Meadows,everyone who works with him Dusty Hanshaw, everyone who works with him, Dorian deloaded and said he should’ve deloaded more, also everyone who works with him.
If I go more than 5-6 weeks I start getting beat up, fatigued, weaker, etc. I take off 5-14 days and literally come back fresh and stronger. You don’t know half of what you think you know. Nobody can hammer themselves for months on end.

John Meadows,everyone who works with him Dusty Hanshaw, everyone who works with him, Dorian deloaded and said he should’ve deloaded more, also everyone who works with him.
If I go more than 5-6 weeks I start getting beat up, fatigued, weaker, etc. I take off 5-14 days and literally come back fresh and stronger. You don’t know half of what you think you know. Nobody can hammer themselves for months on end.

So the issue isn't that the stimulus was over shooting the recovery??? If you need to deload that often I'd be questioning the program.

I’m pretty sure he had his guys cruise after 6-8 weeks.

K were talking deloads here. If you think cruising while deloading is a good idea than we have a whole nother problem.

So the issue isn't that the stimulus was over shooting the recovery??? If you need to deload that often I'd be questioning the program.

K were talking deloads here. If you think cruising while deloading is a good idea than we have a whole nother problem.
There's no problem.
Differing trian of thought and philosophy of training.
You've found what works for you... great.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws