INSULIN

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sponsors
question for you brothers that use insulin.in all my years of bodybuilding and competing.I have never used insulin. Now I'm interested in using some but with all the reading I've done. I'm not sure how to use it or how much.do you guys have a break down of (insulin for dummies)and can break it down for me?

when I read 2 iu or 3iu or what ever how do I know what to load the insulin syringe to meaning number to measure that amount, and at what time to take it. Pre work out is what I've read and with carbs.
...now I would be using humalin-R which is what you can get over the counter at Walmart and stuff

Goodluck getting it over the counter. Every time I've asked for it they told me "no" or "go fuck yourself". Granted I refuse to go to walmart so maybe you will have better luck. The one time I got a pharmacist who was cool they told me the price was $255. Noooope. I cant believe they can legally charge that much. Didnt the guy who invented it give the patent away or something? Anyways...

As for use, start low with 3iu. I recommend the milos method. Keep in mind humulin r peaks in 2 to 5 hours so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot of when to train.

question for you brothers that use insulin.in all my years of bodybuilding and competing.I have never used insulin. Now I'm interested in using some but with all the reading I've done. I'm not sure how to use it or how much.do you guys have a break down of (insulin for dummies)and can break it down for me?

when I read 2 iu or 3iu or what ever how do I know what to load the insulin syringe to meaning number to measure that amount, and at what time to take it. Pre work out is what I've read and with carbs.
...now I would be using humalin-R which is what you can get over the counter at Walmart and stuff

An insulin syringe is 100IU. Loading it to the 0.1 mark is 10IU, 0.2 mark is 20IU, etc. 5IU would mean only loading it halfway to the 0.1 mark. Yes, you're going to use very small amounts for the size of syringe.

For preworkout timing, I like R 30 minutes before. With R, half of it gets released within roughly 30 minutes of injection and the other half 2-3 hours later.

The general rule on amount of carbs is 10g of carbs for 1IU of insulin but this varies person to person. You can get a glucometer if you're really picky about it. I recommend starting with lower than that to gauge response. If you're doing 100g of carbs intraworkout, take 5IU R preworkout and see how it goes.

R is very unlikely to make you go hypo and pass out but if you're really foolish it can have you feeling shitty. Classic signs you've gone hypo are sweating and a metallic taste in your mouth.

The leaner you are when using insulin, the better your results will be. Don't start it at 12% body fat and be surprised when you gain more fat.

Finally, use insulin as a supplement to get the most out of your nutrients. Don't decide to use X amount of insulin and add the corresponding amount of carbs to your diet. Base your insulin use on the carbs you're already consuming.

The 1 ml insulin syringe could just be marked 0-100 in IU. Walmart price should be around 30 bucks. The 10g carbs for x 1IU rule is a good place to start, you can look into dextrose powder. I live very close to my gym so I used to do the insulin at home then start sipping my drink which is 1 litre of water with some aminos and the appropriate amount of dextrose during my warmups ups by 3/4 way through my workout I usually have consumed the drink completely.

Goodluck getting it over the counter. Every time I've asked for it they told me "no" or "go fuck yourself". Granted I refuse to go to walmart so maybe you will have better luck. The one time I got a pharmacist who was cool they told me the price was $255. Noooope. I cant believe they can legally charge that much. Didnt the guy who invented it give the patent away or something? Anyways...

As for use, start low with 3iu. I recommend the milos method. Keep in mind humulin r peaks in 2 to 5 hours so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot of when to train.
I don't think they even asked me for ID when I asked for a vial at walmart. Simple as it could be. Getting pseudoephedrine is more difficult.

Agreed to start small and assess. Definitely don't want to use too much on the first attempt and go hypo. Rarely is it life threatening but it would certainly suck.

Load it up to the 20 and make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs with it and you’ll be good start small maybe 10 and 10. I have never fed insulin like that. I use a longer acting one 2 iu in the morning and 1 iu later in afternoon with my current diet just to aid pancreas

No problems getting it at Walmart, they never said anything.

Load it up to the 20 and make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs with it and you’ll be good start small maybe 10 and 10. I have never fed insulin like that. I use a longer acting one 2 iu in the morning and 1 iu later in afternoon with my current diet just to aid pancreas

To 20, to 20ius?

I am interested in hopping on. Might run to Walmart tomorrow. I am pretty lean right now my serratus is in and obliques . abs etc prob 9% . i am subbed to this post thank you for all the great responses, if anyone has anything to add please do. experience is welcome.

From what I understand the best time to use it is post training, into a gh cycle to , bodyparts you want to bring up, no need to use it if not needed , needs to used intelligent ly and sparingly, using it for for health to give pancreas a break,and body to utilize carbohydrates better

Use maybe a couple times a week or post resistance training

training at 4pm

3:00: 6oz cod , 6oz sweet potatoes , 15g Kerrygold butter , 8oz V8 juice
Low calorie and carbs to have some glycogen in place before insulin is added

3:50 start sipping Intra-Workout shake:
20g EAA , 10g creatine , 10g Glutamine , 5g citruline maleate , 5g L-Leucine , 50g carbs from Gatorade.

4:00: inject 10iu Novolin-R/Humulin-R INTO THE MUSCLE

5:30: start sipping post workout shake
50g Whey Isolate , 50 simple carbs (I like coco crispys)

7:00: 8oz lean beef (filet , sirloin , top round , London broil) , 10oz sweet potatoes , 3oz asparagus

9:00: 25g casein protein , 6oz , 2% Greek yogurt

The active life of Humulin/Novolin is about 5h max when inject IM , general rule of thumb is you need 10g carbs per IU insulin over the active live live , with this protocol you have 50% more carbs than needed and haven’t eaten into a huge calorie expenditure so as to gain fat.
You can run this for a week and see how you feel , the following week bump up to 12iu , the the next week up to 14iu , then take a week off. When you start back start with 12iu , then go to 14iu.
Next week Add 10g carbs to intra and post shake and post meal and bump insulin to 16iu.
Take a week off and when you re start , start at 14 iu and follow the trend.
I prefer to use sweet potatoes as a carb source because they are ,or nutrition dense
Also I’ve found than when doing a lower volume training like DC than adding a pump movement to eat muscle helps really drive more blood/nutrients into the muscle

Bro are your saying that an u 100 needle full is only 10iu?
I’m not sure what he meant but no standard insulin concentrations are 100 IU per mL (1 full normal syringe). There are some insulin’s that are diluted to 40 IU per mL but they’re much less common.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws