over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INSULIN

Goodluck getting it over the counter. Every time I've asked for it they told me "no" or "go fuck yourself". Granted I refuse to go to walmart so maybe you will have better luck. The one time I got a pharmacist who was cool they told me the price was $255. Noooope. I cant believe they can legally charge that much. Didnt the guy who invented it give the patent away or something? Anyways...

As for use, start low with 3iu. I recommend the milos method. Keep in mind humulin r peaks in 2 to 5 hours so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot of when to train.
Na I don't have a problem getting it. SPECIALLY at Walmart. I've gotten it before for some friends.just walk up ask for it no questions asked.as far as Walmart you don't need a scrip for humulin R.

Thanks for the input. I did know that humulin r is the long acting one.ive read its best to use the short acting one for better control

training at 4pm

3:00: 6oz cod , 6oz sweet potatoes , 15g Kerrygold butter , 8oz V8 juice
Low calorie and carbs to have some glycogen in place before insulin is added

3:50 start sipping Intra-Workout shake:
20g EAA , 10g creatine , 10g Glutamine , 5g citruline maleate , 5g L-Leucine , 50g carbs from Gatorade.

4:00: inject 10iu Novolin-R/Humulin-R INTO THE MUSCLE

5:30: start sipping post workout shake
50g Whey Isolate , 50 simple carbs (I like coco crispys)

7:00: 8oz lean beef (filet , sirloin , top round , London broil) , 10oz sweet potatoes , 3oz asparagus

9:00: 25g casein protein , 6oz , 2% Greek yogurt

The active life of Humulin/Novolin is about 5h max when inject IM , general rule of thumb is you need 10g carbs per IU insulin over the active live live , with this protocol you have 50% more carbs than needed and haven’t eaten into a huge calorie expenditure so as to gain fat.
You can run this for a week and see how you feel , the following week bump up to 12iu , the the next week up to 14iu , then take a week off. When you start back start with 12iu , then go to 14iu.
Next week Add 10g carbs to intra and post shake and post meal and bump insulin to 16iu.
Take a week off and when you re start , start at 14 iu and follow the trend.
I prefer to use sweet potatoes as a carb source because they are ,or nutrition dense
Also I’ve found than when doing a lower volume training like DC than adding a pump movement to eat muscle helps really drive more blood/nutrients into the muscle
Man thats a very good break down. I really appreciate your reply. I need to buy a few things to get started lol.I training at 6 or 6:30 so just have to adjust the times but That part is simple with your breakdown

I use Novolin R from Walmart a couple of times a week on weak bodypart days.....when I use it pre-workout I normally get really good pumps in the bodypart that I'm training. Now if you inject it IM it can behave very much like Humalog/novolog.

I am interested in hopping on. Might run to Walmart tomorrow. I am pretty lean right now my serratus is in and obliques . abs etc prob 9% . i am subbed to this post thank you for all the great responses, if anyone has anything to add please do. experience is welcome.
Very true I appreciate everyone that has replied to explain. I myself stay very very lean year round.

Thanks for the input. I did know that humulin r is the long acting one.ive read its best to use the short acting one for better control
Well, humulin-R (or novolin-R) isn't as fast acting as humalog, novolog or apidra but it's not a very long acting insulin like lantus. Humulin-R has the fastest onset and peak after the analog insulins (humalog, novolog, apidra). Essentially, the analog insulins all begin working between 15-20 minutes after subq injection and peak 1-2 hours post injection. Humulin-R will begin working 30-60 minutes after subq injection and peak somewhere between 2-4 hours later. This link is a little helpful in seeing the different insulins.

But, if you inject humulin-R IM, then it's onset and peak are very similar to humalog/novolog. In my experience, I also found using humulin-R in this fashion to be more potent. 4iu of humulin-R injected IM would give me mild hypo symptoms within 25 minutes but 4iu of novolog would not. That's with all other things essentially equal.

Pimpman, im not sure if anyone has even asked you yet, but you use some sort of Intra shake correct?
EVERYONE is telling you to use insulin preWO but its only safe if you have some sort of intra shake.

If you have been training for years with no intra, postWO still is great. I had a great offseason, my best yet, this year. And one thing i had never done was postWO insulin. I had always done log or R pre and been done with it. This year I did a very small dose pre and then larger shot postWO with my GH. Obviously there are a ton of factors as to why i had a great offseason, but i had a fear that Post would get me fat and it didn't happen at all.

There are literally so many ways to use insulin but if you are juuust starting, preWO with an intra shake is probably your best bet to give it a test ride.

Load it up to the 20 and make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs with it and you’ll be good start small maybe 10 and 10. I have never fed insulin like that. I use a longer acting one 2 iu in the morning and 1 iu later in afternoon with my current diet just to aid pancreas
WORST ADVICE EVER!!!

"Load it up to 20" - That is 20IU insulin in a standard insulin syringe.
"make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs" - WTF that's 1g carb per IU of insulin!!!

Don't listen to this. Hopefully this is just typos... otherwise very bad math, and this is why bodybuilders get a rep as stupid meatheads, and end up in commas.

Like others have said. Insulin is usually dosed at 100IU per ml. Standard insulin syringe is 1ml. So it can hold 100IU (you will never need to use this much, you will go hypo as soon as it hits). So to get 10IU it's only 1/10th of the syringe. It's tiny, tiny doses.

Load it up to the 20 and make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs with it and you’ll be good start small maybe 10 and 10. I have never fed insulin like that. I use a longer acting one 2 iu in the morning and 1 iu later in afternoon with my current diet just to aid pancreas
Oh and longer acting insulin if @Cito33189 is speaking about Lantus, 2iu and 1iu will do absolutely nothing for you. You are talking about dosed over 24 hours. Absolutely nothing. Again, not sure, maybe typos, but even at that, you should not be replying/advising on insulin usage, because those doses/protocols are not only ridiculous but could harm someone (for fast acting insulin).

WORST ADVICE EVER!!!

"Load it up to 20" - That is 20IU insulin in a standard insulin syringe.
"make sure you have 20grams of simple carbs" - WTF that's 1g carb per IU of insulin!!!

Don't listen to this. Hopefully this is just typos... otherwise very bad math, and this is why bodybuilders get a rep as stupid meatheads, and end up in commas.

Like others have said. Insulin is usually dosed at 100IU per ml. Standard insulin syringe is 1ml. So it can hold 100IU (you will never need to use this much, you will go hypo as soon as it hits). So to get 10IU it's only 1/10th of the syringe. It's tiny, tiny doses.
I almost always use a 0.3mL insulin syringe as this will minimize any chance of drawing too much...even if you filled half the syringe it would be "only" 15 iu...its also easier to accurately draw small amounts like 1 or 2 iu.

Oh and longer acting insulin if @Cito33189 is speaking about Lantus, 2iu and 1iu will do absolutely nothing for you. You are talking about dosed over 24 hours. Absolutely nothing. Again, not sure, maybe typos, but even at that, you should not be replying/advising on insulin usage, because those doses/protocols are not only ridiculous but could harm someone (for fast acting insulin).
I just reread what I wrote my bad sorry sorry

I only lantus. I use 30 units a day but I split it. I know it says 24 hours but I take 20 in the am and 10 mid afternoon. I’ve never taken fast acting. I’ve never fed insulin before. I never thought I was depleted enough to benefit from it and was scared to get fat. But I have been listening a lot of podcasts with milos and he swears by it preworkout. His reasoning sounds like it would work. Especially making a concoction drink with BCAA, creatine, carnitine, whatever you want to shuttle into your cells. At the time of work out he swears it’s optimal.

Dave palumbo did an article on this and said unless you're advanced you don't need to be using insulin pre-workout only use it post-workout that is beginning Dave palumbo's x Nelson did an excellent interview about insulin on RX muscle it's what she works in the field of insulin helping people medically and she knows all the ins and outs of everything insulin and I suggest watching that video

Pimpman, im not sure if anyone has even asked you yet, but you use some sort of Intra shake correct?
EVERYONE is telling you to use insulin preWO but its only safe if you have some sort of intra shake.

If you have been training for years with no intra, postWO still is great. I had a great offseason, my best yet, this year. And one thing i had never done was postWO insulin. I had always done log or R pre and been done with it. This year I did a very small dose pre and then larger shot postWO with my GH. Obviously there are a ton of factors as to why i had a great offseason, but i had a fear that Post would get me fat and it didn't happen at all.

There are literally so many ways to use insulin but if you are juuust starting, preWO with an intra shake is probably your best bet to give it a test ride.
No brother I don't use and intra shake.I just sip on my eaa mixed in with Gatorade. I've tried to do the intra shake but it bloat me and kinda make me nauseated some bit so I don't do it.

No brother I don't use and intra shake.I just sip on my eaa mixed in with Gatorade. I've tried to do the intra shake but it bloat me and kinda make me nauseated some bit so I don't do it.

ahh well that's why my reply was 1000% needed. Everyone telling you to take 5-10ius of slin pre workout lol JESUS.

Personally, i would take something like 4-6ius of Insulin R PWO and then go eat a high carb pwo meal. In another 2-3 hours, do the same thing.

ahh well that's why my reply was 1000% needed. Everyone telling you to take 5-10ius of slin pre workout lol JESUS.

Personally, i would take something like 4-6ius of Insulin R PWO and then go eat a high carb pwo meal. In another 2-3 hours, do the same thing.
Man I truly appreciate you helping. I'll send you a pm

Anyone here play with Fiasp? Supposedly starts dropping BG in a couple of minutes as opposed to 10-15 minutes with Log.

A diabetic friend who I got Lantus from had his Lantus switched to the 48 hour long acting one, forgot the name. Anyone use it?

Have you tried HBCD with peptopro? I get zero bloat. I would never do it any other way now.

Reactions: RDS
question for you brothers that use insulin.in all my years of bodybuilding and competing.I have never used insulin. Now I'm interested in using some but with all the reading I've done. I'm not sure how to use it or how much.do you guys have a break down of (insulin for dummies)and can break it down for me?

when I read 2 iu or 3iu or what ever how do I know what to load the insulin syringe to meaning number to measure that amount, and at what time to take it. Pre work out is what I've read and with carbs.
...now I would be using humalin-R which is what you can get over the counter at Walmart and stuff
YOU GET INSULIN SYRINGES 10 AT ANY PHARMACY THEY COME IN 50 IU PLUNGERS OR 100 IU. THE 50IU EACH LINE REPRESENTS 1 IU THE 100IU EACH LINE REPRESENTS 2IU GENERALLY ITS 10 GRAMS OF CARBS PER EACH IU OF INSULIN. I TOOK IT POST WORKOUT 5IU 3 TIMES A WEEK FOR A MONTH. START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT NO MORE THEN 5IU FIRST TO SEE HOW YOUR BODY REACTS TO IT. BE CAREFUL IF YOU TAKE PREWORKOUT YOU CAN GO HYPO EASIER WHEN TRAINING. IT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE AND IT RUINED MY WORKOUT.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws