over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Copy paste glp-1 for muscle gain

DarrenG29

Registered
Newbies
Glp-1 used for muscle gain
Background: Skeletal muscle atrophy is defined as a reduction of muscle mass caused by excessive protein degradation. However, the development of therapeutic interventions is still in an early stage. Although glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor (GLP-1R) agonists, such as exendin-4 (Ex-4) and dulaglutide, are widely used for the treatment of diabetes, their effects on muscle pathology are unknown. In this study, we investigated the therapeutic potential of GLP-1R agonist for muscle wasting and the mechanisms involved.
Methods: Mouse C2C12 myotubes were used to evaluate the in vitro effects of Ex-4 in the presence or absence of dexamethasone (Dex) on the regulation of the expression of muscle atrophic factors and the underlying mechanisms using various pharmacological inhibitors. In addition, we investigated the in vivo therapeutic effect of Ex-4 in a Dex-induced mouse muscle atrophy model (20 mg/kg/day i.p.) followed by injection of Ex-4 (100 ng/day i.p.) for 12 days and chronic kidney disease (CKD)-induced muscle atrophy model. Furthermore, we evaluated the effect of a long-acting GLP-1R agonist by treatment of dulaglutide (1 mg/kg/week s.c.) for 3 weeks, in DBA/2J-mdx mice, a Duchenne muscular dystrophy model.
Results: Ex-4 suppressed the expression of myostatin (MSTN) and muscle atrophic factors such as F-box only protein 32 (atrogin-1) and muscle RING-finger protein-1 (MuRF-1) in Dex-treated C2C12 myotubes. The suppression effect was via protein kinase A and protein kinase B signalling pathways through GLP-1R. In addition, Ex-4 treatment inhibited glucocorticoid receptor (GR) translocation by up-regulating the proteins of GR inhibitory complexes. In a Dex-induced muscle atrophy model, Ex-4 ameliorated muscle atrophy by suppressing muscle atrophic factors and enhancing myogenic factors (MyoG and MyoD), leading to increased muscle mass and function. In the CKD muscle atrophy model, Ex-4 also increased muscle mass, myofiber size, and muscle function. In addition, treatment with a long-acting GLP-1R agonist, dulaglutide, recovered muscle mass and function in DBA/2J-mdx mice.
Conclusions: GLP-1R agonists ameliorate muscle wasting by suppressing MSTN and muscle atrophic factors and enhancing myogenic factors through GLP-1R-mediated signalling pathways. These novel findings suggest that activating GLP-1R signalling may be useful for the treatment of atrophy-related muscular diseases.
Keywords: Chronic kidney disease; Dexamethasone; Duchenne muscular dystrophy; GLP-1R agonists; Glucocorticoid receptor; Skeletal muscle atrophy.

Our data indicate that GLP1 infusion restores the anabolic response to EAA provision in older muscle, which may help explain the increase or maintenance in muscle mass observed in these previous studies.

Not yet but just been prescribed it pick it up tomorrow

it has quite a few nasty sides and can cause thyroid cancer which is a worry

but seems interesting on that it lowers myostatin

Are you talking about taking GLP-1 itself or are you talking about taking one of its agonists used for treatment of diabetes? Why did your doctor prescribe it for you?

Are you talking about taking GLP-1 itself or are you talking about taking one of its agonists used for treatment of diabetes? Why did your doctor prescribe it for you?
rybelsus oral medication is what it will be starting dosage 3mg then upped to 7mg for it to be effective just to see if I can tolerate the drug as you get nausea when starting and appetite loss will be there slightly and yeah for the treatment of diabetes

rybelsus oral medication is what it will be starting dosage 3mg then upped to 7mg for it to be effective just to see if I can tolerate the drug as you get nausea when starting and appetite loss will be there slightly and yeah for the treatment of diabetes

Yes, that is an GLP-1 agonist used for diabetes. The question I have is whether or not the dosage for treating diabetes is going to be a dosage that is enough to effect GLP-1 levels to the point where it makes a noticeable difference. I have no idea what the answer to that question is, but let us know how things turn out.

Yes, that is an GLP-1 agonist used for diabetes. The question I have is whether or not the dosage for treating diabetes is going to be a dosage that is enough to effect GLP-1 levels to the point where it makes a noticeable difference. I have no idea what the answer to that question is, but let us know how things turn out.
In the studies they where giving 1mg injection I believe

Also true not sure exactly if it will provide muscle gain but it’s been shown oral is far superior over injection 1-3mg once a day or once a week oral dosage is 7-14mg daily

In the study you posted they used 1mg/Kg for 3 weeks in mice.
Which would be roughly 6mg/kg for a 90.718kg (200lbs) individual. Or a single bolus dosage of roughly 552mg.

I’d also say the oral then would benefit us bodybuilders if purely looking to use it for muscle building benefits since the overall dosage is higher and it’s been shown much more effective over the injection

I’d also say the oral then would benefit us bodybuilders if purely looking to use it for muscle building benefits since the overall dosage is higher and it’s been shown much more effective over the injection

Why would oral of anything be a better version than injection? And why not use the actual peptide GLP-1 instead of an agonist if you are looking for the benefits of GLP-1?

Not sure about this now thinking more and seeing the cancer risks don’t think I’m going to bother trying this

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws