over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin vs Berberine for Diabetes

The only issue I see with berberine is something Stewie told me to be careful about/aware of before suggesting a family member start using berberine..

"I'd be careful with Berberine if he's on anything that's a prescription thats substrate of CYP2D6 or 3A4. Which a lot of drugs are metabolized through those pathways."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4898966/

"Repeated administration of berberine (300 mg, t.i.d., p.o.) decreased CYP2D6, 2C9, and CYP3A4 activities. Drug-drug interactions should be considered when berberine is administered."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Would you happen to know if metformin has the same negative drug interactions as berberine?

any applecide vinegar fans? I've read from users it's good for diabetes/cholestrol ETC

Is Metformin prescription only?

Where can one purchase it? Asking for a friend...

Is Metformin prescription only?

Where can one purchase it? Asking for a friend...

What do you think? You and your so called friend need to learn how to use Google. Stop being lazy

Last edited:
Any consensus on which brand of Berberine actually works? Is anyone on it that has anecdotally observed discernible results and as such, can recommend a brand? Thanks

Absolutely metformin without question
Type 2 and it helps my blood sugar massively allowing higher carb intake

Any consensus on which brand of Berberine actually works? Is anyone on it that has anecdotally observed discernible results and as such, can recommend a brand? Thanks

This is what I take and am very pleased with it. You can order it directly from Amazon.

Attachments

• F367EC4F-2AF8-4C49-8489-44C07CAE2241.jpeg
    F367EC4F-2AF8-4C49-8489-44C07CAE2241.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 42
  • CCD735F3-EAEE-49F2-90D9-E6771AF0C56D.jpeg
    CCD735F3-EAEE-49F2-90D9-E6771AF0C56D.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 45
Used to take Metformin but now I prefer berberine. The effects are stronger as far as A1C, glucose, and lipids are concerned (in my experience) and there is no research suggesting it hinders exercise benefits (yet) like metformin does. Of course this can change again at any point but for the time being, it's berberine for me.

Used to take Metformin but now I prefer berberine. The effects are stronger as far as A1C, glucose, and lipids are concerned (in my experience) and there is no research suggesting it hinders exercise benefits (yet) like metformin does. Of course this can change again at any point but for the time being, it's berberine for me.
Would there be any point in combining the both of them together or just pick one or the other

Would there be any point in combining the both of them together or just pick one or the other

That's a good question that has actually been brought up on the board before. I can't remember the exact explanation but, it was recommended to use either one or the other, but not both. Our member Stewie would be able to offer more details as to the reasons for this.

Any preferred brand?

I posted this in the other metformin thread but it's moved down and I see this is a better thread for it as it's more about berberine...

If guys have issues with metformin I would recommend looking into GlucoVantage Dihydroberberine. It's a superior form of berberine.

I posted this in the other metformin thread but it's moved down and I see this is a better thread for it as it's more about berberine...

If guys have issues with metformin I would recommend looking into GlucoVantage Dihydroberberine. It's a superior form of berberine.
hey Elvia, any more thoughts about this? I'm in a spot where my blood glucose level fasted has risen I'm guessing because of inactivity and slight fat gain from the last few weeks being basically confined to the house recovering from surgery. I've been averaging 110 AM fasted BG level for the past 20 days. Post meal I never get much below 100-105 unless I do cardio and I push into the 70s then.

I just added in 2x500mg berberine + milk thistle for the past two days. The first morning reading was 101 and this morning was 100 so its working VERY QUICKLY. I'm going to up to 3x500 after a week stabilizing around 100 on 2x/day dosing. I'm hoping to achieve mid/low 90s on 3x but I'd love mid eighties if this dihydro version was superior it might be able to achieve it. I value your thoughts.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws