over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Once a day cheat meal

I have always allocated more fats and carbs to my evening meal then my other meals. Except when dieting down for a contest. Which I usually had with my GF or x-wife as part of our together time. Never an issue. And an argument can be made for more calories in the evening to tide you over to morning.

I understand the argument but isn't a bit hypocritical bashing the food and injecting that much stuff? I'm sure if we were truly concerned with health, we wouldnt be injecting bathtub roids we got off some guy on the internet.
I'm guilty to because my trt sure as hell isn't coming from my local doc. MY point is the argument for health.

I'm not the poster quoted, but I believe I share the attitude implied.
It's risk mitigation. If you are going to use potentially harmful substances, do whatever you can to keep your health in order outside that.

Now the question of a cheat meal daily taken on its own I think really matters on the individual and their goals.
I personally have almost always reserved "cheating" for the weekends.
My reasoning is that I have never felt the need to cheat on a daily basis and I want to be as optimal as possible as much as possible.
I do everything else as best I can, so why slack on feeding myself?

This is likely to vary greatly between those who do and do not compete (or have a competitive history).

I fast during the day, train around 8, the eat whatever I want and hit my daily calorie goal. Healthy food but I pack it down in the pm. Kinda like omad. Some will say "that's not bodybuilding, that's an eating disorder" yawn. It beats spending cooking all day Sunday then carrying weighted out chicken and broccoli in little tupperware all day and watching the clock to eat every 3 hours and works just as well. Good for guys who have a big appetite, may not work for a bird eater.

If and omad imo are ideal for those that get sick of an obsessive eating schedule. Coffee during the day for the hunger, although not needed because you still feel full the night before and sleep great after earting like a king.

Not going to be popular, but my .02

I think this is highly individual. A 160 pound guy with clear abs may have a harder time getting away with this than a 260 pound guy with abs. But then there are those blessed 160 pound guys with great metabolisms that certainly can.

Personally, if I’m trying to bulk, as long as I get my meal plan meals in for the day I don’t worry what I have on top of that. My meal plan will leave me full enough that I won’t be able to go apeshit and pork out on too much more anyways.

If I’m trying to lean out I stick to my meal plan as close to 100% as possible and only use cheat meals very sparingly when absolutely necessary to maintain sanity and keep it to as few as possible throughout the prep. Once I’m at the leanness I’m trying to achieve for summer or whatever, I’ve never competed, I’ll then adjust my calories so that they’re much lower throughout the weekdays and then live a normal life on the weekends with great food and drinks and fun. As long as I don’t deviate on workouts, cardio or diet Monday-Friday I’m pretty much able to maintain the look I want.

No. I rather hit 34 meals perfect then the 35th meal be 4 sushi rolls and a pitcher of beer
And those sushi rolls and beer taste exceptionally good because you have deprived yourself of those types of food. The thing I enjoy most about dieting strictly is that when I do indulge in some flavorful food it taste so much over the top better!!!! 😋

If I'm not in prep then I pretty much stick to my diet all day then have whatever the family is having for dinner. It's generally not to far off plan but sometimes we decide to go out to eat and I'll have whatever I want.
This^^^ for those of us with family, eating dinner is always something like a "cheat meal", as family dinner is rarely going to be "clean" foods

Even the salad we have at dinner is filled with cheese, olives, sunflower seeds, fatty/sugary dressing, etc

Let's say you do 4 meals a day ...

Meal one : egg whites and veggies

Meal two : chicken and veggies

Training : drink some sugars

Meal three : cheat meal dinner with spouse and/or family

Meal four : lean beef and veggies

^^^ that would probably be around maintenance calories or maybe even a little less depending on various factors

If you can eat it and fit it into you diet and notice 0 negatives, I don't see a problem

There's a lot of people who eat clean all week and completely sabotage their progress with crazy binge days. If those people could incorperate some sort of food they like daily into a deficit, it would be a better outcome.

Hey bro if you can get away with it, help yourself, I say. Sounds corny, but the best diet is the one you stick to, contest prep or not. Results are results. Just keep in mind MOST can't get away with a cheat meal a day lol

Yeah, it could never be a full out cheat. Maybe opting for a cup of fruity pebbles instead of oatmeal , but an all out high fat, high carb cheat? Probably not

Yeah, it could never be a full out cheat. Maybe opting for a cup of fruity pebbles instead of oatmeal , but an all out high fat, high carb cheat? Probably not

How much fat do you think you’re going to accumulate in a single day if you’ve been in a big deficit all week? You can absolutely have a big ass free for all eat until you’re sick 24hour period. You’ll probably look better over the next couple of days because of it if you’re lean enough.
The thing is people have this old school, hardcore, I gotta suffer mentality and it’s not any more effective.

I'm just gonna parrot some things that have already been said...

If I'm injecting hormones 3x per week I personally feel I need to try and compensate in other areas of health to try and mitigate the extra strain/risks that the hormones are adding. So these days I'm a freak about staying on top of my diet (always), doing all of my cardio, and making rest/recovery absolute top top top priority. The results are 100% night and day for me compared to when I was more lax and cheating more frequently. I listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry. It's so damn simple... Cheating everyday would add nothing more than a bigger strain to my wallet and added water/bloat to my face.

When I do cheat now, it's SO much more satisfying in every way, so much so that I honestly only need one cheat a week. I truly don't crave anything more than that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131