over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ian Harrison

Wynn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Separate thread

From his facebook:

Well what a year 2020 has been for many of us, myself included.
With a global pandemic and so many other things affecting 2020 worldwide.
Approximately 6 weeks ago I began having bad acid reflux pains and attacks approximately every other day which caused me to lose my voice and cause me a lot of pain and vomiting.

I researched the symptoms but no changes in diet seemed to work.
I therefore made an appointment to see a gastroenterologist to find out what was going on.
So fast forward to Dec 7th.

Once the gastroenterologist saw me he immediately sent me to the ER to get my heart checked out. They did an EKG and within 5 mins I was in a room surrounded by Doctors and nurses X-ray machines and having multiple tests all confirming my heart was running to 50% of its capacity. Apparently I had been having multiple heart attacks for the past 3 weeks not acid reflux!!!

No it couldn’t be , I was this super fit ex bodybuilder who ran the PCA , they must be mistaken right ?
No !

I have trained all my life and always eaten a bodbuilding based healthy low fat diet, retired from competitive bodybuilding at 28, so obviously this came as an extreme shock and embarrassment to me.

On December 7th I had emergency open heart surgery , I had two heart attacks on the operating table and 6 bypasses were performed.
I spent two weeks in ICU due to some complications (pneumonia) in which time due to confusion I ripped out my own intubation tubes twice which caused many problems and caused me to be in the ICU having a machine breathe for me for two weeks and a week recovering in the cardiology ward.

I can honestly say this was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me.
Btw there is NO history of this in my family .

I came home December 28th. I have a few weeks of hard recovery in front of me but this has really just opened my eyes to many things, one being just how precious and fragile life is, even when we think it could never happen to us the other, enjoy life and never think you are invincible.

As bodybuilders we think we are strong and tough (many are).
We pride ourselves on our dedication to health and fitness many have perished and some are quick to point the finger saying or yeah he abused this or that , when they really don’t know the facts.

Over the last few years stories such as mine seem more and more common.
After speaking with all the surgeons it seems the biggest killer in the world bar none is any type of heart disease/ blockage .

As the man the behind the PCA USA promoting shows across the country I feel obliged to tell my story.
Bodybuilding did not do this to me but these things are ignored by many.

This should be a healthy sport and life is too short already so I say let’s promote HEALTH AND the great sport of BODYBUILDING.
Not one over the other , enjoy the process of competing and achieving stepping stones as you compete but never forget what’s truly important .
Family, friends, Health and making great memories.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Update:

I am overwhelmed by all the well wishes after my recent surgery.

Thank you all so much .

Recovery is in the early stages and it’s hard not to overdo tthings but I am getting a little stronger with every day.
I will keep everyone posted as to my recovery as I progress.

**broken link removed**

Man, that’s insane... I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery; what a second chance when you really think about it...

What makes me curious though is the cause of this; he says that heart issues etc don’t run in his family at all, and he’s adamant that bodybuilding (he wrestled for years after bodybuilding as well) aren’t the cause either... But how do you need 6 bypasses and basically have your heart completely blocked just out of thin air? No genetic predispositions and nothing a he did in life to cause it?? Sounds a bit weird to me...

I only say that because he clearly said himself it’s important to share his story and blah blah blah and I’d just love to know the details on THAT part of the story...

That's awful news! I met Ian at Paul Borresson's seminar in '98. He was a nice guy.

This is why I always suggest everyone get a Calcium CT. It's not that expensive out of pocket and it will either give you piece of mind or let you know there's an issue.

Palumbo interviewed him a few years ago and he didn't look so good. I"m not talking about his loss of muscle, I'm saying he looked really old and weathered for his age. Just generally not a "healthy" looking Middle age guy.

As Bio stated, a calcium CT is a good place to start. Personally I had a stress echo and CT angiogram 8-9 years ago. Everything perfect at that time. My labs are monitored no more than every 2 months and BP taken weekly. Not saying this is bulletproof but it helps. Also, just added Telmisartan in at 40mg/day. Just too many benefits to ignore it for older guys that still want to use some gear. I also didn't really start gear until my early 30's so I missed all those years of being young with no money and not monitoring anything and taking copious amounts of stuff.

Also, going back to Ian. I really think that a lot of the 80s ad 90's guys weren't really watching things. Most weren't getting labs done, , taking support supplements, monitoring BP, getting Calcium CT's, and crushing their HDL most of the year etc, etc.

So sorry to hear this, i hope you have a speedy recovery. Just two hours ago my father-in-law was rushed to the hospital for chest pains. Hes already had 3 open heart surgeries so its really scary. It puts everything in perspective for you.

Speedy recovery
Another legend from the U.K.

Missed this thread, hope he is well. Does anybody know how old he is right now?

He said he had really bad heart burn. That is the EXACT feeling I had when I had my heart attack while squatting at the gym. Felt like acid reflux, and its the reason why I didnt go to the hospital right away. Could not tell that it was a heart attack. You are always taught about the classic chest pain and numb left arm etc. I had none of that. I hope Ian is doing ok now. Even if you survive something like this, your life will never be the same.

Looks like he is my age, 51 years old.

Today's update:

"Today was a good day.
I went to my much anticipated Cardiologist appointment and got great news.
All my blood work came back perfect.
The past week I have had very low blood pressure and consequently I have been taken off most of my meds.
I was told I am way ahead of schedule with my exercise so I will not need cardiac rehab and i was also cleared to start riding my bike again and to be able to do some light shoulder and arm weight training along with leg work.
All in all I couldn’t have asked for better news.
Recovery is going well."

**broken link removed**

Today's update:

"Today was a good day.
I went to my much anticipated Cardiologist appointment and got great news.
All my blood work came back perfect.
The past week I have had very low blood pressure and consequently I have been taken off most of my meds.
I was told I am way ahead of schedule with my exercise so I will not need cardiac rehab and i was also cleared to start riding my bike again and to be able to do some light shoulder and arm weight training along with leg work.
All in all I couldn’t have asked for better news.
Recovery is going well."

**broken link removed**
Great news 💪.

listen to Dave Palumbo's interview with Martin Kjellstrom who is another European monster that recently had a heart attack.

Martins highest dose in his own words.....1 gram a day of test for 30 days. Suitcases full of gear. His honesty is refreshing and he makes fun of all the pro's claiming 750mg of test 300mg of deca with a sprinkle of dbol

That's awful news! I met Ian at Paul Borresson's seminar in '98. He was a nice guy.

This is why I always suggest everyone get a Calcium CT. It's not that expensive out of pocket and it will either give you piece of mind or let you know there's an issue.

This doctor mentions a CAC early in the clip. Is this the test you mean?

This doctor mentions a CAC early in the clip. Is this the test you mean?

Yes! It's called several names.

I have friend who's 14 years older than me, he's 65. He's a Type II diabetic but he's thin works out, does cardio, hikes, a very active guy. I told him I was going to get a Calcium CT test done to see how my artery health is. He hadn't heard of it and asked a lot of questions. I told him he should get one just to see how his artery health is. He went ahead and recently got it done, actually beat me to it. His score was 2,175!! Under 100 is normal! I thought he got the number wrong...nope...it was 2,175 and one of them is a widow maker. One artery is 100% blocked and two others are "Significantly blocked". He got further tests done with dye and found out he wasn't a candidate for stents. He's having triple bypass surgery this Friday! He told me I saved his life because he would never have done the test without talking to me.

If you're any of the following, AAS and ancillary user, diabetic, have auto immune disease or any inflammatory issues, I suggest you get this test done! It will give you piece of mind or get you on a path of treatment!

Yes! It's called several names.

I have friend who's 14 years older than me, he's 65. He's a Type II diabetic but he's thin works out, does cardio, hikes, a very active guy. I told him I was going to get a Calcium CT test done to see how my artery health is. He hadn't heard of it and asked a lot of questions. I told him he should get one just to see how his artery health is. He went ahead and recently got it done, actually beat me to it. His score was 2,175!! Under 100 is normal! I thought he got the number wrong...nope...it was 2,175 and one of them is a widow maker. One artery is 100% blocked and two others are "Significantly blocked". He got further tests done with dye and found out he wasn't a candidate for stents. He's having triple bypass surgery this Friday! He told me I saved his life because he would never have done the test without talking to me.

If you're any of the following, AAS and ancillary user, diabetic, have auto immune disease or any inflammatory issues, I suggest you get this test done! It will give you piece of mind or get you on a path of treatment!
Wow, sounds like he was a heart attack waiting to happen. Good thing you talked to him about that test.

Update from March 31:

Today was a good day.

My long awaited appointment with my cardiologist after my open heart surgery on December 7th.

I got the best news I could have possibly asked for , my heart has recovered back to full function with no damage caused by the multiple heart attacks I unknowingly went through and I have the all clear to train and do cardio as normal.

Life is good and I am a very blessed man to get a second chance at this thing called life.

Thank you to my wonderful family for being there for me. Jane I love you so much and Mack and Christie thank you for being there I love you all so much xx

My brother Neal and my mum and Dad George Harrison and all my family in England sorry for putting you through this , I love you all.

Also thank you to all my friends for reaching out and sending me well wishes through this ordeal , it has meant the world to me and I truly appreciate every single one.

It’s official I’m back but with a new perspective on life that’s for sure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131