over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Broderick Chavez on Fouad's Podcast

I actually find it somewhat strange when a coach has a coach. Having one to me means you're not 100% on everything, so you're turning to someone for help and you want to learn more. So Nick Walker won't make a move without Jansen, but then offers coaching services himself. I'm not a competitor so I have to be missing something here.

On another note, my top three choices if I was ever going to hire someone for my nutrition would be:

1. Justin Harris

2. Shelby Starnes (I heard he will take on the rare male as long as they do not compete)

3. John Meadows
And sometimes this athletes are even more expensive than real top coach . people hire him because he looks huge simple. Meadows is the man

I used to think that way also, but have since changed my mind. Some of the top coaches in the industry get coached by someone else if they are still competing. The reason is not because they don't understand how to diet, or how to train. It's because it is very difficult to be objective when looking at your own physique. Especially in the last few weeks, when your eyes play tricks on you, and you start second guessing yourself. Not sure if you are lean enough, or full enough, or maybe over dieted etc... Those that haven't competed, will not fully understand what it's like, when you are contest ready. So that's when a second pair of eyes comes in, and you just turn off your own brain, trust the person and do what you are told.

That being said, I'm still planning on competing this year without a coach. Reason being, is that the coaches I respect, I don't think I can afford and I doubt they would actually pay attention to a nobody like me. The more affordable coaches I don't fully trust. But I do have know personally a couple fairly good coaches that work with IFBB pros and will rely on them just to get quick feedback on my physique, and how I'm looking. And I'm sure even the top coaches who don't use a coach when competing (like John Meadows) have some trusted eyes in their circle they can rely on for feedback also.

Thank you for that explanation. I understand and it makes sense to me.

Were the three of them coaching others when they were competing at the highest level? Legitimate question as I don't follow their careers.

I'm sure they we're all coaching their teammates. Even Phelps who as predominately competed alone also had team events.

That read poorly and i wasn't trying to be harsh/mean. Its just that I personally from a business aspect as well as a bodybuilding aspect have grown 10x from having a coach/mentor. I definitely wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now with a coach.

I loved a lot the part where Chavez spoke about Tom Platz... and that modern bb get too fat or sloppy in offseason and that they don't tan.

That's why i broke @luki7788 balls.... he is huge and looks always good in offseason!

But that thing about low test from Broderick still doesn't convince me at all....

I used to think that way also, but have since changed my mind. Some of the top coaches in the industry get coached by someone else if they are still competing. The reason is not because they don't understand how to diet, or how to train. It's because it is very difficult to be objective when looking at your own physique. Especially in the last few weeks, when your eyes play tricks on you, and you start second guessing yourself. Not sure if you are lean enough, or full enough, or maybe over dieted etc... Those that haven't competed, will not fully understand what it's like, when you are contest ready. So that's when a second pair of eyes comes in, and you just turn off your own brain, trust the person and do what you are told.

That being said, I'm still planning on competing this year without a coach. Reason being, is that the coaches I respect, I don't think I can afford and I doubt they would actually pay attention to a nobody like me. The more affordable coaches I don't fully trust. But I do have know personally a couple fairly good coaches that work with IFBB pros and will rely on them just to get quick feedback on my physique, and how I'm looking. And I'm sure even the top coaches who don't use a coach when competing (like John Meadows) have some trusted eyes in their circle they can rely on for feedback also.
I talk with Matt Jansen and is very good person but he as 300 clients , how can he help me and you , when he have alot top pros and 300 clients . You will pay to receive a diet plan , workout and cycle and do it . Is much better get a less top coach that will take care of you all day .

im not much of a podcast follower nor did I even know who that Broderick guy was....however hes funny as shit. I will def be listening to him a bit more when i have time to kill. The hands comment in the beginning was hilarious!

I was waiting for Broderick to blow Fouad up when he said "I don't feel 500-600mg of Test" or something to that effect. Broderick was able to keep his aspergers in check and be polite.

I do disagree with Broderick about spreading out shots. I think that ED or EOD shots are better than big bolus dosages.

Clearly Broderick is fat and weird but I do find him interesting.
In his defense it is 2021 and I don't know if you have been paying attention or not but nothing is more important than ones' feelings.....................lol.

His dosage are pretty on point.

2200mg + some low gh to be 210-220 on stage

I don't agree with the once a week injections though.

I don't feel a difference doing it once vs 2-3 but I get crazy gyno if I shoot test 1-2 times a week so it doesn't work for me. I aromatize a lot, more frequent shots seem to make it easier on my nipples.

We understand that. A lot of people THINK that. But I think all of us know there are a million factors that come into play. You have people who say a belt helps keep the waist tight. You have others who swear the intra-abdominal pressure has a huge factor is blowing your waste out. I always think its just weird that Fouad is always hearing stuff for the first time on his podcast. Maybe we're spoiled because we come here and like to talk training, nutrition and bodybuilding every day. But i see him hear baaasic nutrition knowledge and watch him look amazed. Or watch him try to slightly debate topics that he knows little about lol. Fouad is the definition of a BBer who asked no questions and just followed a plan his whole career. Didn't care to learn it for himself. So he's 40 something hearing stuff for the first time. Nothing wrong that that lol I admit, i love his podcast—but mostly because he has cool friends and i actually value hearing THEIR opinions.
I like Fouad and his show it is my favorite and think he would be fun to hang out with more then most BBer's. But would never go to him for advice. A belt is to push against from my experience so I never saw how it would make the waist smaller other then keeping a tourniquet on it. I don't pay much attention to what the big guys say as they probably were going to be big no matter what.

We understand that. A lot of people THINK that. But I think all of us know there are a million factors that come into play. You have people who say a belt helps keep the waist tight. You have others who swear the intra-abdominal pressure has a huge factor is blowing your waste out. I always think its just weird that Fouad is always hearing stuff for the first time on his podcast. Maybe we're spoiled because we come here and like to talk training, nutrition and bodybuilding every day. But i see him hear baaasic nutrition knowledge and watch him look amazed. Or watch him try to slightly debate topics that he knows little about lol. Fouad is the definition of a BBer who asked no questions and just followed a plan his whole career. Didn't care to learn it for himself. So he's 40 something hearing stuff for the first time. Nothing wrong that that lol I admit, i love his podcast—but mostly because he has cool friends and i actually value hearing THEIR opinions.
B0CE7808-2512-45ED-B5F5-23A362D1E1BD.jpeg I’m good!

I talk with Matt Jansen and is very good person but he as 300 clients , how can he help me and you , when he have alot top pros and 300 clients . You will pay to receive a diet plan , workout and cycle and do it . Is much better get a less top coach that will take care of you all day .
I just watched a recent podcast where he said he had 120. Even 120 seems like a lot to give full attention to.

I just watched a recent podcast where he said he had 120. Even 120 seems like a lot to give full attention to.

Most of these guys are going to have more clients than they can serve properly, so they are going to have a high turnover of low-profile clients while with the hight level competitors and pros they are going to show their image and business skills ... to trap more low-profile clients.

Also people are quite stupid, if I am an average person I do not need the best coachs in the world, and I also have to understand that they will not be too interested in me because they has more important clients with greater potential.

He lost me when he said any testosterone derivative can function as a test base.
Yeah, I found that interesting as well.

I did my first cycle 9 years ago or so when I was17 and it was eq only. That’s what the guy recommended to me. Said that’s all I need lol.
Made some lean gains and was pretty fucking vascular. Keep in mind I was lean and skinny af to begin with lol.

Don’t
Quite remember what I felt like exactly. Just loads of anxiety lol

A few friends of mine are being helped by Broderick.
On one hand, what he says makes a lot of sense, especially with theoretical science. Sort of like “based on what we know about how these drugs act upon the body in studies and chemistry...”

On the other hand, I don’t know anyone who he’s ever produced. I’m sure there are a few big dudes out there... but it’s sort of like lifting weights in general. All methods build muscle, even inefficient methods are better than none.

So when considering Broderick’s concepts, if they were an improvement on the industry standards (on any end of the dosing spectrum), it would make sense to have some of his guys showing up out of nowhere and blowing people out of the water.

Science is supposed to be the truth. We forget that we rely on interpretations of scientific studies by really smart people, so the truth is blurred. That doesn’t necessarily translate to the reality of what happens in bodybuilding.

Just food for thought. It’d be neat if he is 100% correct, I just don’t have the confidence in the ideas to want to try them out on myself long term.

Glade to see you post on here Dave. Throwback—your SHW thread back in the day was probably one of my favorite threads EVER on here lol. Hope you're doing well.

If you really break down Broderick's dosing recommendations based on the level the BBer is at, his cycles are basically JP-esqu. Lowish test (not low low but lower than the other goodies) plus higher DHT and a higher 19-nor.

ALL of Broderick's info makes sense assuming lots of the BBing population gets side effects from high test. And guess what, some do and some don't. We see that all the time. And when that happens, the BBer reacts accordingly and we see it in their cycle. Personally, 1+ of test is great to me. I find there to be more side effects when the OTHER drugs get higher than test. But that's just me.

All drugs do the same exact thing, they build muscle. When test was easy available and reliable from pharmacy bodybuilders start abusing it. Thats all. The other option was flying to Europe and get some primo amps in Spain or Parabolan in France. They used what was cheap and available, no magic mechanisms in testosterone. They would be the same using whatever. Just genetics + anabolics + HGH + slin

From a medical point of view, dht derivatives and nor19 were created to have similar properties than test, without the negative aspects (DHT conversion or estradiol coversion). In fact primobolan was created for pure nitrogen retention in HIV patients and oxymetholone for anemia, increasing RBC. You just have to look at medical advice to see what drug do what. Test is a rudimentary tool, but its potent, cheap and no fakes, so it makes sense its abuse

All drugs do the same exact thing, they build muscle. When test was easy available and reliable from pharmacy bodybuilders start abusing it. Thats all. The other option was flying to Europe and get some primo amps in Spain or Parabolan in France. They used what was cheap and available, no magic mechanisms in testosterone. They would be the same using whatever. Just genetics + anabolics + HGH + slin

From a medical point of view, dht derivatives and nor19 were created to have similar properties than test, without the negative aspects (DHT conversion or estradiol coversion). In fact primobolan was created for pure nitrogen retention in HIV patients and oxymetholone for anemia, increasing RBC. You just have to look at medical advice to see what drug do what. Test is a rudimentary tool, but its potent, cheap and no fakes, so it makes sense its abuse
Yep, all drugs build muscle, but some do better than others. It's the same as choosing a car for the conditions, you can go to the Dodge Ram race track, but it would definitely be more optimal if you would choose a Ferrari.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws