over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SHOULDER PAIN..

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
i have been having pain in the left shoulder for weeks now.. i am very limited in my movements but, can work through it.. the worst part is if i move my arm out laterally from the body, it literally makes a "ratchet" feeling.. but, moving front or rear is not problem.. may be just imflamed/swollen.. any have this before...? i was thinking that it may be a impingement.. but, now not so sure..

Last edited:
I don't know your age or how long you have been training. But I have that grinding, popping feeling in the shoulders and mine showed on the x-rays as worn cartilage... arthritus

LATS,

Turn yuor fist so the palm faces yuor abs. Now lift yuor arm laterally keeping the thumb pointed toward the floor.

If yuo feel discomfort doing this, my guess, not being there to see and palpate this, is that yuo've got something going on with the supraspinatus.

If this doesn't create a problem, move yuor upper arm laterally in variuos positions and see which of these is the biggest issue.

...forgot to mention that I get that rachet feeling like you, mostly on the lateral movement to the side

I have a similar problem. Mine is tendonitis from impingment through the acromian (sp) process. I can train around it. The number one culprit for me is squats. When holding the bar on my back this is what causes the impingment. Really sore the next day. But when I train shoulders I work everything in reverse. meaning I do shrugs first, rear delts, side lats and then presses. I have found this generates no pain and my presses are getting stronger.

sounds like impingement, i would see an ART practitioner bc they have always worked well for me, training around it only lasts so long

If yuo feel discomfort doing this, my guess, not being there to see and palpate this, is that yuo've got something going on with the supraspinatus.

This is where I have my pain. I've already gotten a shot with muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories, and a bit of lidocaine and that was 5 weeks ago and the pain is still there, getting worse. Under the right rear delt, but it hurts worst on chest exercises. WTF?!?! Anybody have any idea how to resolve this? I know it's the supraspinatus.

LATS, sorry to hijack your thread...please don't hurt me. :eek:

i have been having pain in the left shoulder for weeks now.. i am very limited in my movements but, can work through it.. the worst part is if i move my arm out laterally from the body, it literally makes a "ratchet" feeling.. but, moving front or rear is not problem.. may be just imflamed/swollen.. any have this before...? i was thinking that it may be a impingement.. but, now not so sure..

you may want to see a doctor and get an XRAY or MRI

Well....

I'd get it checked out b/c I had "shoulder pain" that I found out was a shoulder fracture a few days ago

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.. it seems like i always run into this with the left shoulder.. but, i am guilty of not doing my rotator cuff exercises on a regular basis.. my shoulder are very stiff and not much flexabilty.. that i need to work on..
dad.. when i try to activate the supra i get a weird pain and a "clunking" sound in (what feels like) my front delt area.. i over the years ahave had pain in my front delt which i kinda thought might be the bicep tendon.. but, this kis little different and feels like it is in the socket.. i might have to see my ortho and see what he thinks.. "take anti imflams and rest it".. i can hear it now..;)

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.. it seems like i always run into this with the left shoulder.. but, i am guilty of not doing my rotator cuff exercises on a regular basis.. my shoulder are very stiff and not much flexabilty.. that i need to work on..
dad.. when i try to activate the supra i get a weird pain and a "clunking" sound in (what feels like) my front delt area.. i over the years ahave had pain in my front delt which i kinda thought might be the bicep tendon.. but, this kis little different and feels like it is in the socket.. i might have to see my ortho and see what he thinks.. "take anti imflams and rest it".. i can hear it now..;)

The "clunk" is usually a sign of a labral tear, most often a SLAP lesion. Bicipital tendonitis is usually a secondary symptom. If that is the case then there is nothing you can do that will actually heal the tear; however many times surgery can be prevented with simple shoulder stabilization exercise protocol.

Shoulder problems are tough and take a long time to resolve. Wouldn't hurt to have some imaging done just so you know for sure.

To help with the pain I would ask your Dr. to prescribe you the anti inflamatory creme K.I.C.K. I use this stuff all the time and am amazed at how much it helps. Just so you know you Dr will have you go to an apothocary shop to pick it up because you won't find it at all pharmacy's.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear