YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My pops blood glucose is through the roof....why hasn't the doc prescribed him metformin?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Obviously needs to fix his diet which he is doing but the dumb doctor gave him statins like they were candy so why wouldn't he also prescribe him metformin which isn't nearly as harmful as statins and would help his glucose levels?

Asking to get a better grasp on metformin and of course to also help my father, I've already gotten into it with his doc about throwing statins at him instead of telling him to fix his diet. He's an old idiot that probably hasn't learned anything new in 30 years no idea why my father refuses to see a different doc, I want to have an idea of what I'm talking about before I get into it with him again.

I would guess that part of it is Dr's only like to change one thing at a time. So changing diet and adding a drug would make it hard to see which one was actually changing things. And he could think giving him a drug would lower the desire to change the diet. And just rely on the drug to make up for crappy diet.
Older people like to stay in their comfort zone.
Dr.s don't seem to think statins have negatives associated with them. Most people including some Dr.s don't seem to think cholesterol levels can get to low either.

I would guess that part of it is Dr's only like to change one thing at a time. So changing diet and adding a drug would make it hard to see which one was actually changing things. And he could think giving him a drug would lower the desire to change the diet. And just rely on the drug to make up for crappy diet.
Older people like to stay in their comfort zone.
Dr.s don't seem to think statins have negatives associated with them. Most people including some Dr.s don't seem to think cholesterol levels can get to low either.

Would love to think that was it but the asshole hasn’t even told me dad to change his diet, I told him to do that. He just threw drugs at him....

Would love to think that was it but the asshole hasn’t even told me dad to change his diet, I told him to do that. He just threw drugs at him....
Doctors opt for prescriptions over dietary changes because they know 99.999999% of people won't change their diet no matter what they tell them. If changing diets was a doable thing for most people the majority of the US wouldn't be overweight / obese.

Obviously needs to fix his diet which he is doing but the dumb doctor gave him statins like they were candy so why wouldn't he also prescribe him metformin which isn't nearly as harmful as statins and would help his glucose levels?

Asking to get a better grasp on metformin and of course to also help my father, I've already gotten into it with his doc about throwing statins at him instead of telling him to fix his diet. He's an old idiot that probably hasn't learned anything new in 30 years no idea why my father refuses to see a different doc, I want to have an idea of what I'm talking about before I get into it with him again.
Buddy my dad was in a very similar situation. He's so damn stubborn too it makes it even harder. The doctor wanted him to obviously change his diet before he gave him metformin. But he doesn't really stick to it very well. We finally went back and he saw improvements, but nothing drastic. So he gave him only 500mg metformin to start off with.

He goes back in a couple of weeks again. I imagine the doctor will up the amount since it's still relatively high.

Anyway, I know it's not much advice, but I know what the hell you're talking about man.

As for the statins, I really don't know much on that. Except they did want to put him on one but I think I scared him enough not to right now and focus on his diet instead. He's getting better, but far from perfect!

i had a friend who was borderline diabetic. pissing constantly, A1C through the roof along with FBG

his father died from diabetes

so i did what any good friend would do, and got him on some DNP.

set him straight rather quickly. doctor said he was shocked both that things actually improved, an how quickly they had improved

i got some metformin extended release from a sponsor here...alinshop i believe it was

took one pill.. didn't feel like eating anything at all. so i imagine that would certainly help

Doctors opt for prescriptions over dietary changes because they know 99.999999% of people won't change their diet no matter what they tell them. If changing diets was a doable thing for most people the majority of the US wouldn't be overweight / obese.
Sadly 😥 this is the 100% truth ^^^^

What is his blood glucose? Other things can cause hyperglycemia like corticosteroids, infection some antidepressants and dehydration

They generally like to only start one new drug at a time to judge it's effect (s) and since he already started him on a statin... Maybe next time he'll get prescribed his Metformin.

They generally like to only start one new drug at a time to judge it's effect (s) and since he already started him on a statin... Maybe next time he'll get prescribed his Metformin.

He’s had him on the statin for nearly a year now....

Really need to convince him to see a different doctor.

What is his cholesterol numbers???
I would think that they must be very high for the Dr to worry about that over the blood sugar issues.

What is his A1 C #

I don't always agree with the idea that doctor's throwing meds to patients before promoting diet and exercise. I can say this first hand working in clinics as a nutritionist. When you deal with the general population, a lot of people wait until they are on their death bed before they actually change their eating habits, let alone go out and do any form of direct exercise. I'm not grouping all patient's into this category, similar to my stance on all doctors. However, I can't tell you how many patients, a very large percentage, would use excuse after excuse to eat better and change their bad habits. Some were determined to change, but many were not and wanted an easy way out no matter the support to help them. In fact, most patients were more apt to just asking for meds so they wouldn't have to change, and most bitched if the doc didn't write a prescription. If a patient is a no-show for help, especially if they do not have a strong support group at home/work, then the MD has to do something. You can have a 3-pron attack of meds/diet/exercise, and still be healthy, especially if the patient has very high, long-term, blood sugar/A1c values.

Most doctors i've worked with, if the patient is wiling to change, they will provide referrals for nutrition education, and thus promote healthier eating and exercise before throwing drugs at them.

Francis, what are your father's values?

If he is willing to change his diet, just let the doctor know, and retest in a few months. If he was put on statins in the past because of a bad diet, why didn't he change then? Will he really change?

they dont do this out of altruism they do this because they get paid for every single prescription they prescribe.

Let me get the bloodwork for you guys, scan it and post it up....thank you guys.

He has changed his diet completely since this last batch of blood work, my dad is a responsible person he's not some old stubborn idiot.....not about this stuff anyway just stubborn about everything else haha. But he's still from that old school line of thinking where if the doctor tells him something he will take it to heart instead of doing his own research, or listening to me.

This stupid doctor actually told my father when he gave him the statin that he didn't need to change his diet, just take the statin. Like I said I got into it with the guy and he tried to chastise me, he's a total joke old asshole doctor that thinks he's smarter than anyone but probably hasn't learned anything new since the day he got out of medical school.

Let me get the bloodwork for you guys, scan it and post it up....thank you guys.

He has changed his diet completely since this last batch of blood work, my dad is a responsible person he's not some old stubborn idiot.....not about this stuff anyway just stubborn about everything else haha. But he's still from that old school line of thinking where if the doctor tells him something he will take it to heart instead of doing his own research, or listening to me.

This stupid doctor actually told my father when he gave him the statin that he didn't need to change his diet, just take the statin. Like I said I got into it with the guy and he tried to chastise me, he's a total joke old asshole doctor that thinks he's smarter than anyone but probably hasn't learned anything new since the day he got out of medical school.

yes, you nailed it, trust your intuition, trust your gut instinct. "listen to your stomach, it is a message from an angel to your cathedral". Always do your diligent and exhaustive research first before you go in and always be prepared for what normal people would consider an innocuous dialogue of relevant material, for the doctor to take personally. You aren't allowed to know more than your doctor coming in, it is an encroachment on their self-inflated ego persona, they do not promote the fostering of outside knowledge brought in

cracks me up when people call sticking with stupid decisions "stubborn"

you're not stubborn, you're fucking retarded

not referring to anyone here, but i see this shit way too much in people around me.. boggles the mind

you can ignore reality all you want, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

cracks me up when people call sticking with stupid decisions "stubborn"

you're not stubborn, you're fucking retarded

not referring to anyone here, but i see this shit way too much in people around me.. boggles the mind

you can ignore reality all you want, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

Haha coming from the guy who got banned for talking endless shit to people made a new account to ask why then talked more shit and now with another account is doing the same thing?

I love you butters but come on dude, you shouldn’t be calling anyone stubborn.

they dont do this out of altruism they do this because they get paid for every single prescription they prescribe.

And where did you get this intel? WebMD?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear