over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Preventing Muscle Tears

Wonton

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I've read through muscle tear threads, but I'd like to have a thread that only comprises what we can do to prevent them. I haven't lifted in 5 years and coming back at age 53. Still not a fat and people still think i lift. But I'm concerned about going in a tearing up my body.

1 Warm up - but not excessively
2 Eccentric muscle work - helps lengthen muscle
3 Vitamin D
4 hgh 2 -3 iu per day
5 keep estrogen level in check
6 be safe don't go too heavy
7 Tendon maturity - muscles growing too fast
8 Get adequate muscle recovery
9 Improve workout form - no jerky movements etc,

Feel free to list any DVDs , peptides and or supplements

This is about all I can think of

I've read through muscle tear threads, but I'd like to have a thread that only comprises what we can do to prevent them. I haven't lifted in 5 years and coming back at age 53. Still not a fat and people still think i lift. But I'm concerned about going in a tearing up my body.

3 Vitamin D
4 hgh 2 -3 iu per day

Forgot to add
10-Glucosamine hci w MSM

I take two pills daily

You have already started HGH or thinking about it? After 5 years i doubt you'll have enough strength to tear a muscle. If you are just starting to workout after 5 years, i suggest you to train your body for at least 3-6 months before thinking about injections.

My thinking is that if a bodybuilder tears a muscle it was bound to happen, even if not in that particular workout. A lot of times guys may blame something like dehydration or not warming up enough but I kind of doubt those are the main factors. There might have been microtears and weaking structures before the big injury where it was bound to happen eventually. So strengthtening tendons through eccentric work or whatever might be the smartest idea as well as not putting tendons in known risky positions during lifting, like elbows flared out incline barbell pressing.

Older guys may take extra care to try to avoid things that might predispose one to common tears, even in nontrainers, such as distal bicep tears.

3 Vitamin D
4 hgh 2 -3 iu per day

Don't forget one of the most important but hardest things to do; Listen To Your Body!!! Many times the body gives you different hints that something is wrong. Most of us here having been lifting long enough that we know our bodies inside out. Lose the ego and don't be stubborn; if you feel something isn't right then back off. Many times people just push harder instead because they think they can overcome it. You can't when its because the body is hurt and when you get older, the body will bark back much worse than when you were younger and could possibly get away with it.

I don't think there's anything definitive. Just use common sense especially coming off of a 5 year layoff...no big leaps in poundage, warm up/build up to working set(s) and like others have said, listen to your body. Also, certain antibiotics can cause tendon ruptures! Just search antibiotics and tendon ruptures for information.

I started to become prone to tears in my 40s. I tore my left pec (muscle belly rupture) about ten year ago.
I can feel fibers ping in ways that never happened before.

The only remedy I have found is an abundance of caution - particularly in stretched positions ) and backing off on ultimate pondages.
I've compensated for the loss in poundage by failing at higher reps, never less than 10 now.

Periodize your training including programming where you back off on the loading or the demand of the movement itself. For me this means not doing certain moves year round. Sometimes you have to ignore the "hardcore" people saying stuff like you gotta always backsquat or barbell press heavy... gyms have things like belt squat machines and plate loaded presses for a reason. Your low back and rotator cuffs sometimes need a break and these are good options to swap in when your buddy is telling you something.

Best thing you can do is probably increase the rep range as @hawkmoon stated above

Also Dante has covered this as well:

"If it helps this is what i do in my advanced age. I still train Heavy as Hell but i do it in higher rep ranges.... my rest pause sets are virtually always 25-30 reps now and that usually is a 16+8+6=30rp if its 30 and 'slightly less if its 25rp. My straight sets are usually anywhere from 13-25 and that depends on the exercise usually. Ill venture lower on certain exercises i feel safe on...but I am hanging plates and dumbells off of machines and pulleys even at these higher rep ranges. It really boils down to what you feel safe rep range wise on that exercise. I dont take risky chances on lever movements (triceps) and that is usually always at the very least 16-20 reps minimal on a straight set (and more likely 25 reps straight before i can go up in weight)....but even then I am using weight 99% of the people in the gym can't touch if they tried to do 8 reps with it....but again its always progressive...always. I have been doing this stuff for 3 plus decades, its very rare I dont beat the logbook in some kind of fashion.....Ive never suffered a major injury because I have a built in radar that tells me "watch out D this is getting dangerous"...and I listen to that intently.

Why is Ronnie the definition of training heavy? My definition of training heavy is much different than people who train ballistically. I dont believe in training ballistically over the longterm. I believe training heavy can mean 20 reps, 12 reps, 8 reps, 16 reps.....I dont feel Ronnie holds the definition of "training heavy" in the dictionary. When i saw that 800lb deadlift for 2 and 800lb squat for 2 I was so gdamn impressed, it was ungodly... do you know what I also thought? Man why the heck would you ever take a chance like that (especially 5 weeks out from a show)? Its a bad ending waiting to happen. I guess it comes down to this....who do you believe owns the "training heavy" definition. Ive told JP and Dusty multiple times now I wish they would up their rep range because I feel they will eventually get injured and this is a simple fact: a 495lb squat you have never done before for 20 reps is insanely impressive and builds muscle mass....Dusty is starting to listen to me. Jordan....he followed my stretch under load recommendations but its hard to get him to raise his rep ranges. Ill keep working on him. ......But i just dont think you can lump all this stuff together because a guy who deadlifts a good amount of weight for 20 reps (to me anyway) is just as impressive as a guy who does a double or triple.....and most likely is building just as much if not more muscle mass."

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...-straight-sets-discussion.166497/post-2903229

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear