over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did you achieve your dream physique?

Tomgrass

Registered
Newbies
Like in a title. Are you or were at some point in your life that you could said I have what I always wanted? Me personally I was able to get what I wanted after nearly 20 years of lifting. You guys? 2 years ago on holiday.

Attachments

• 6 (1).JPG
    6 (1).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 87
It's an interesting question. When I was "in that time" I'd say no. At 38 years old when I look back at pictures when I was age 28-35 I'd think "yes" I did achieve the level of physique I always wanted. I was, however, terrible at enjoying the moment. I have more appreciation and satisfaction with my current physique at 215 and pretty lean than I did at 235 and very lean. I literally am not as lean and have 15+ pounds of less muscle (this was on purpose nothing bad happened).

Funny how your mind and perspective can change.

It's an interesting question. When I was "in that time" I'd say no. At 38 years old when I look back at pictures when I was age 28-35 I'd think "yes" I did achieve the level of physique I always wanted. I was, however, terrible at enjoying the moment. I have more appreciation and satisfaction with my current physique at 215 and pretty lean than I did at 235 and very lean. I literally am not as lean and have 15+ pounds of less muscle (this was on purpose nothing bad happened).

Funny how your mind and perspective can change.
so true at not enjoying the momen, always not perfect yet. the endless persuit of perfection

About a 100 times..but the problem is my every time I would reach that goal I would discover that I thought the goal was dumb and hate it.

now I only have a goal of being strong and relatively lean..much happier and focused now that I’m not worrying about a specific look

Never.

I think most people on this board will agree with that.
Have i hit a look that i was pleased with multiple times? yeah definitely.
But did I ever think that was perfect? Hell no. I think the entire point of going to the gym is reaching for something we'll never actuallyyyy get. Its like a treadmill with a carrot at the end, we can never really grasp it. But that makes the chance fun.
If you achieved the perfect look, you'd be done. Over the gym. Work would be over.

Nope. No matter what I did I never woke up looked in the mirror and saw my head on Dorian Yates body.

Never.

But did I ever think that was perfect? Hell no. I think the entire point of going to the gym is reaching for something we'll never actuallyyyy get. Its like a treadmill with a carrot at the end, we can never really grasp it. But that makes the chance fun.
If you achieved the perfect look, you'd be done. Over the gym. Work would be over.
No I have what I wanted but I still workout as I love trainings.

No show boat here. All my best physical states were temporary for operations which had no photo opportunity. It's not bodybuilding, but it is "professional muscle".

In between those, I had achieved copulation with the best female physiques only when I was a douche who was drinking too much. So you see, my whole reward circuit became skewed.

I feel the need to speak out about it because I'm always engaged in some nonverbal communication with very clever sociopaths who employ intelligence techniques, so I have to bark sometime and let it out, thank you.

I don't even compete and not nearly as 'deep' as many guys here, but the answer is an emphatic 'no'

I don't have big aspirations for my physique, I just don't know what the hell those aspirations are! I don't wanna be huge, I tell myself, at 5'7, I would love to be about 185-195 pretty lean and I'd be happy. It never fails, I'll stop whatever I had in mind and change gears. As a result I spin my wheels... A fuckin lot... But I honestly think I'll never be quite happy, no matter where I am. It's kind of part of us, isn't it? I mean, who the fuck is 'maintaining' for any long period of time? When you're in this like we are, even me, I feel that we always need a goal to strive towards. Fuck 'maintenance', that shit is boring

I just rationalized my entire indecisiveness, inadequate record keeping, OCD, addictive personality disorder and bipolar all in one post. See how that works?

Tl;Dr my perfect physique will never exist

As others have said, my goals (or dreams) have always stayed ahead of my current state, but this is on purpose. I have no desire to reach my goals and be "content" I want my goals to be something I push towards, by the time I get close to them, I have set new, further ones. This is the way.

Looking back though, I can give some insight on some of my goals, like getting/staying super lean: I think competing gives one a good perspective on leanness, I can get as lean as I want, anytime I want, however, I am not interested in staying lean all the time because it's too much work. Before I completed I always thought I wanted to get super lean and stay there, no way lol.

My dreams and ideals evolve with time

In 2012 I set a long-term goal of being around 235lbs. at single digit body fat, which I achieved 2 years ago. I've since blown far past it, being in the 260s at single digit body fat last year.

I've been very happy with my physique the last few years and multiple times have said if this is what I'm stuck with forever, I'll take it. I'm always making more progress because I'm a very driven, hard working person and I enjoy having something I'm constantly working towards, but I had to just maintain where I'm at forever I'd still be happy with it.

Once you hit that mountain top you're charging towards you realize that it doesn't change things that much. My physique has gotten me all sorts of perks, special treatment, all the attention in public, etc., but take it all away and I'd still do what I do. I just love challenging myself in the gym to constantly be better than I was the day before.

Yes. It’s why I have a hard time ever wanting to make a comeback, aside from doing a local show for shits and giggles.
Never even brought it to stage. Saw what I liked, realized I’d probably never get there again, had a triceps tear, and moved on.
Still training. Still big. Doing other stuff instead.

Never.

Well said.

I achieved more then I thought I was possible of acquiring. But my dream? No. I have never achieved my dream on anything.

Never. I think most guys truly never reach their dream body. As you get older your priorities change but training and looking is still what motivates me. I’m happy with my look but I would say there are times where I want more, but than I do a reality check.

1E3A296F-FBEB-436F-843F-0F27028176AC.jpeg

This was good enough for me.
Anything beyond this...
1- Felt like health risks increased faster than progress showed.
2- Became a financial burden.
3- Became a social obstacle.
4- Took away from moving forward with overall progress in life.

Bodybuilders at a high level are 3 types of people.
1- Serial entrepreneurs.
2- Those who have set careers that provide enough financial support and free time to pursue their goal.
3- Total losers who make just enough to get by (sell drugs, personal train), hit a peak, begin to go down hill, and have no future.

I didn’t want to be #3.

nope, because i play softball alot, i found the bigger i got the worse i played, ( muscles to tight to swing fast, legs sore from working them) so i had to find the sweet spot of looking a little buff but no not what i truely want but on the field im more than happy

View attachment 131108

This was good enough for me.
Anything beyond this...
1- Felt like health risks increased faster than progress showed.
2- Became a financial burden.
3- Became a social obstacle.
4- Took away from moving forward with overall progress in life.

Bodybuilders at a high level are 3 types of people.
1- Serial entrepreneurs.
2- Those who have set careers that provide enough financial support and free time to pursue their goal.
3- Total losers who make just enough to get by (sell drugs, personal train), hit a peak, begin to go down hill, and have no future.

I didn’t want to be #3.

And you still came out of it with easily one of the most impressive physiques on the forum 👌

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear