YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ingrown hairs....constant battle anyone have any tips?

Thanks for the replies everyone I sincerely appreciate it!

Electric razors would be fine for my crotch but shoulders, back and top of arms no bueno.

Nair is actually great for my crotch and ass 🤣 but doesn’t do shit for me back, shoulders and arms.

Waxing is a good idea but I just started doing laser again specifically to try and combat this so can’t wax for now.

So far I got the following ideas that I’m not already doing:

Polysporin after
Evening primrose caps
Scrubbing mitt in shower
althrocin lotion for ones that pop up and also after (if I can find the stuff, ADC only had tabs?)

I shall report back my results!

I was getting them until a girl told me to scrub my skin with one of those abrasive wash mitts after I shaved. Never got another ingrown hair and im
A caveman son of a bitch. It works on the face well too
Yea, exfoliation of the face helps a lot (everywhere)....then using a good lotion or moisturizer. I use Oil of Olay body wash to shave with and it's awesome.

How does that compare with say a topical Clindamycin gel? Thanks, i'll look for it so I can have it on hand. Maybe one of these online vet places have it...
I personally haven't used clindamycin, erythromycin (althrocin) I have. I used to get horrible ingrown hairs on the base of my hairline on the back of my neck from the strapping of my CPAP mask. Especially after I'd get a haircut. It's cleared up now. I'll apply some after I get my haircut as preventive.

Here's a comparison of clindamycin v. erythromycin. Seems they're equally the same.

I personally haven't used clindamycin, erythromycin (althrocin) I have. I used to get horrible ingrown hairs on the base of my hairline on the back of my neck from the strapping of my CPAP mask. Especially after I'd get a haircut. It's cleared up now. I'll apply some after I get my haircut as preventive.

Here's a comparison of clindamycin v. erythromycin. Seems they're equally the same.

Holy crap, this is going to help me out a lot. I've been having a bout of those/these stupid ingrown hair---->pimples of sort on my hairline and back of my head currently for the past 2 months and it's been driving me crazy. I've had them before a few times, but it's been forever. And yes, ALWAYS after I cut my hair! I've never had it go on for so long like this. I'm sure the crap in my diet hasn't helped from the holidays to now, lol. It's like they start to clear up and then come back over and over in the same spots.

I've had a few scripts for Clindamycin in the past for razor burn, but never tried Erythro. I don't work in the clinics any more so I can't just walk over and talk to the docs, lol. Gonna check them both out though and jump on both.

Retin-A helps some, but I never stay up with it. It's the only place I have this problem, thankfully.

Stew, you are always a lifesaver my man!!!(y):cool:

We live in 2021. Laser hair removal is quick, easy, and very affordable.

Do a session every 5-6 weeks and you will never have to shave again.

We live in 2021. Laser hair removal is quick, easy, and very affordable.

Do a session every 5-6 weeks and you will never have to shave again.

Thanks for the input buddy, I am doing laser as I said.

Never have to shave again...right, stick to the gay waitering buddy.

I don't know if lazer has advanced over the last 5-10 years, but if it hasn't it may help a little, but will grow back. I've seen friends pay thousands on lazer, with the best lazering at the time, and they all had their hair regrow on their backs and shoulders, etc. I just have my doubts with lazering for AAS users....unless it has improved?

I don't know if lazer has advanced over the last 5-10 years, but if it hasn't it may help a little, but will grow back. I've seen friends pay thousands on lazer, with the best lazering at the time, and they all had their hair regrow on their backs and shoulders, etc. I just have my doubts with lazering for AAS users....unless it has improved?

Nothing is permanent and it won't get rid of it completely but laser definitely works you just have to keep up with it. The laser I did 15 years ago was trash the laser I've done recently works much better. I've done it previously more than once just didn't keep up with it.

I use clippers everywhere , if I have to get closer than that I use Nair for men.
Any time I shave with a razor I'll get ingrown hairs , my hamstrings and lower back are the worst

Absolutely this. I tried everything, but I get actual ingrown hairs.

After a lot of frustration in the pubic region I switched to nair gel. Two rounds, everything is gone.

For my face, chest, back, etc, I use a new razor, decent shaving cream (not gel, makes it worse for me) and as soon as I am done aftershave/ alcohol spray. Then moisturizer and pray.

Salicylic acid works well for me. It’s cheap and is able to keep the hair follicle free of debris so the hair grows out straight. You can get it in a wash, spray, or cream.

i get the same. like others said i try to use clippers everywhere
also the misses always tells me to exfoliate and moisturise and it will help

i just have thick hair and also thick skin, so always leads to ingrowns

would rather avoid using antibac soap long term, as you have good bac and bad bac, might work in the short term but over the longer term is going to make it worse. could try something natural like tea tree soap

great thread, man i get this just from using my mangroomer on my chest, not even full shaving. its like a pimple in the hair follice and idk why but i have noticed more and more double hairs coming out now that get irritated. I was an avid user of the nizoral all over body but i recently was thinking maybe the nizoral dried the skin out so much that the hair couldnt push through? lol idk, I need to figure it out with summer coming up.

I've been using a lot of new stuff and I think I'm on to something, I'll report back after my second BHM session with this new method

BHM = Body Hair Management

haha

Using a safety razor has helped me a lot.

I've been using a lot of new stuff and I think I'm on to something, I'll report back after my second BHM session with this new method

BHM = Body Hair Management

haha
Updates please...

MS

There are some really good 'body groomer' type clippers out there that cut the hair the little higher a razor and can't cut skin, this is all I've used on my body hair forever, for competition I actually shave though.

Updates please...

MS

Not there yet, going to do a laser session this week and have to shave beforehand so I’ll have a report then. Don’t want to talk up something that doesn’t work but so far so good....

Wooo i dont know how you guys do straight razor. I was already a semi-hairy guy BEFORE gear.
Added gear to the mix and I'm a wolfman. I trim my whole body with a short beard trimmer (basically like a 0) once every 2 weeks. My chest and shoulder and back are bad. I usually use the Philips OneBlade for face and shoulders but just a 0 on everything else. Straight razor fucks me up bad with folliculitis. I even had my girl try to wax my back and it exploded the same way. I just have very sensitive skin and pours.
I also have Hidradentis Suppurativa which is a bitch. Its basically your pours getting very clogged and forming a boil.
i get that on my inner thighs and armpit areas a couple times a year and they are brutal.

Alright so shaving sometimes makes me break but shaving and then doing laser ALWAYS makes me break out, really bad. So figured this would be a good test as I shaved and did laser today.

-Took a shower and washed with hibicleanse using a loofah on a stick

-Applied rubbing alcohol after the shower to the areas to be shaved, the ones I can reach at least

-Used my "bro shaver" which is pretty much just a giant razor on a stick but unlike the others it doesn't use special blades it uses just regular double edge razors so it's very cheap to use a fresh set of razors each time

-Showered again after shaving using the hibicleanse again then alcohol again after

-Had my back, shoulders and arms lasered

-Came home showered again with hibicleanse

-Applied alchohol and then polysporin as best I could after

Pretty much going with the idea that if everything is super clean there is no breeding ground for the folliculitis. Let's see what happens, it only takes a day or two to know how it's going to go. I'm going to keep using the hibicleans in the shower every morning and also after workouts for a few days and also apply the polysporin. I also picked up some erythromycin per stewie's suggestion so if it goes south I'll try that, might just apply some tonight anyway.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws