Why arent you bigger?

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Question to members of the board, why aren't you bigger than you currently are, im sure about 85% of the members here use anabolics, and I'm sure you decided to use anabolics for the sole purpose of getting as muscular as you can (expect maybe actual sports competitors) so why are you not bigger than what you are now? What is holding you back? Why are you not bigger and leaner?
Discuss....

Consistency over the last two decades. Day to day I am fine but there has been stretches, some lasting a couple years, where BB was not the priority. I am reasonable with what I expect from my genetics but I know had I not taken these breaks for the last two decades I would be much further along.

Focusing too much on minutia and not simply eating 6 meals with some good test for years on end. Without the basics the rest is borderline worthless BS.

Oh I almost forgot: Because certain people refuse to share the "secret" with me............................looking at you Bboy!

GENETICS

(Well someone had to say it)

Impatience is my worst enemy. I decide I want to get bigger so end up pounding down probably a thousand more calories than I need to grow and just end up getting fat, then I need to diet down which is obviously time spent not growing. The problem that comes with dieting is I start to get down to where I’m beginning to look really good but I feel fucking skinny so I freak out and start gorging on an enormous amount of calories again.

If I was just a bit more zen about it all I’d get leaner, like really lean, then spend longer eating a smaller surplus and look way better and probably grow more in a 12 month period.

In a fucked up way the covid thing’s been alright for me, because I’ve had no choice to get really lean due to not really being able to do anything else. So my newfound leanness, coupled with outsourcing my diet (I bought a diet from Troponin which I’m quite excited about) will hopefully mean this year is my most productive to date.

So the short answer is: I’m impatient

When I get over 260 I start to have dreams of suffocating and can't stand it so I drop my gear down. I know I probably need a CPAP, I don't have good enough insurance to cover it.
Watched a podcast with Stan Efferding and he says they can be found quite cheaply on Craigslist.

Might be worth a look if you haven’t already

My girlfriend is lesbo in the highest degree. She's the greatest in all regards, so I wouldn't give it up for anything. She doesn't care and even prefers that I look like a girl man, and she keeps sabotaging everything.

I just need more time.

In 2018 I peaked at 240lbs.; 2019 I peaked at 259lbs.; 2020 I peaked at 280lbs. Goal for this year is 300+ lbs.

At 34 I know I don't have many years to keep pushing really hard so this year I'll be going to the max in all areas like I never have before.

The ability to eat enough food. I have a fantastic metabolism....but it burns through calories. I don’t have a Great appetite to begin with. But the quantities of food I need to grow are a daily struggle to get in. If I was one of those guys who had no problem pounding food I have no doubts I’d be walking around back up at 275 or so again. Slowly trying to build back there

Tbh 5’11” 235 at 10% bf is my happy spot. I could get bigger, it’s just a matter iof increasing calories and sleeping more, but I like looking “normal” in my suits for work

I’m not bigger because it takes time. I’m growing steadily but not quickly. Thats partly because I won’t increase dosages until I have zero gains at this dose for a month or two.
The second part is I’m having trouble increasing the food. At this point that’s a slow process because 12 eggs or a lb of meat at each meal is a challenge to add to.
3rd, time management. My work schedule during my work day is extremely demanding right now. That should clear up after this project so I can eat more frequently reducing the demand to pack more into my current 3 meals.
I have yet to find a protein powder of any kind that doesn’t send me running to the bathroom in 30 min so for me, it all has to happen with Whole Foods.
All in all, I’ll be bigger each month as long as I can stay progressive with diet.

Question to members of the board, why aren't you bigger than you currently are, im sure about 85% of the members here use anabolics, and I'm sure you decided to use anabolics for the sole purpose of getting as muscular as you can (expect maybe actual sports competitors) so why are you not bigger than what you are now? What is holding you back? Why are you not bigger and leaner?
Discuss....
For me it's because I'm on the other side of "bigness". I was an athlete (track and field, sprinter) in college and most thought I was overly muscular (before I got into aas or bbing), but don't consider myself elite genetically by any stretch. With that being said, I never really found it particularly difficult to grow or get leaner if I was willing to 1) put in the work towards that goal and 2) put in the drugs.

I feel in this odd world of never being happy I was fully and truly content that I could put in extreme effort and add in progressively more (but not extreme) drugs and got exactly to where I wanted. Turned 35, and had a five year strategic goal to peel off 40 pounds.

Purposely downsizing due to injuries, age, and arthritis in every joint I have. I already weigh 240lbs @ 5'10 but feel significantly better around 220lbs. In my 30's I was 260lbs w/12% BF according to the calipers. Eating was a full time job.

The digestive disorder, I have to drink the majority of my calories for years. I am lucky to get in 1.5k calories per day and I am 5"8 200lbs, somehow I still slowly progress, introducing other variables to compensate.
I used to pump gear when I had unlimited access in my 20s, now I take very little and focus on smart training and diet. I study the right coaches also not IG celebs. And injuries from poor lifestyle choices that leaked into gym and that is where they mostly occurred. dehydration from partying and maxing the next day, and subsequent tearing. stupid choices

Genetics and covid! 😄

I like what you're doing here bboy , keep it up bro lol

In all honesty I'm not bigger because I completely lost myself for awhile and went off the deep end with drugs sex and self hatred issues that I needed to get sorted out

Work isn’t conducive at all to my gym progress....I don’t think I could of literally chosen a worse career lol

When I get over 260 I start to have dreams of suffocating and can't stand it so I drop my gear down. I know I probably need a CPAP, I don't have good enough insurance to cover it.
I've had those dreams before!!!!!

Consistency over the last two decades. Day to day I am fine but there has been stretches, some lasting a couple years, where BB was not the priority. I am reasonable with what I expect from my genetics but I know had I not taken these breaks for the last two decades I would be much further along.

Focusing too much on minutia and not simply eating 6 meals with some good test for years on end. Without the basics the rest is borderline worthless BS.

Oh I almost forgot: Because certain people refuse to share the "secret" with me............................looking at you Bboy!
Good post

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity