over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Pro Mike Wheels Shares Details Of Heart Damage Caused By Steroid Abuse

i never did any blood work or bp monitor etc from age 20-35. because i didn't know or actually no one really talked about it back than years ago (unless you were in the know or around certain people that did know and learned from them). with YouTube social media more people are talking about it. Dave palumbo, john meadows stan efferding and many others lots of good knowledge and people talking about. in light of recent deaths its even talked more and more.

since i never abused any one compound and took long breaks i think that helped out. but since 35 till now i do blood work 3-4 items a year, ecg scans etc and stay on top of it. i do think a good coach should ask you for a in depth blood work prior to starting and again mid way in your off season and prep etc. weekly bp checks, glucose etc should be a part of your weekly check ins, not just previous weeks weight what you ate etc.

there are lots of good coaches that are doing things right, but there are waaaaaaaaay more that are not, or assume the athlete should know that on his own.

science if not changing our understanding of it is. its always good to know the risks as much as you can , but one still has to roll the dice.

The guy is sending out a warning. I don't see bodybuilding as a suicide mission. At least it shouldn't be for most. But you get what you pay for. If your genetics aren't top notch and you want to walk around huffing and puffing on 3+ grams a week and full of GH and insulin at 300 lbs for 15 years then shit might break. Simple Simon says fuck yourself if you will. Simple as that.

The question to me though is, how many guys are just like him? What % of young bodybuilders don't monitor their health much at all. I don't see anything wrong with him trying to warn those people. I'm going to guess the majority of guys are very lax with health, over 50%. Heck, a lot of young bodybuilders never or rarely do cardio. It seems like older guys have learned not to be like that.

Older guys may have learned and wisened up perhaps but it used to be that no one, or almost no one, did any health monitoring whatsoever, including or perhaps even especially, the pros. Because there simply was a lack of knowledge. Perhaps I'm wrong. Did Flex Wheeler or Tom Prince do frequent blood work and check their BP often? Or check their morning blood glucose? I highly doubt it.
Now the kids coming up hiring these new-school coaches appear to be doing blood work and many appear to be getting into protective drugs like ARBs from the start. It's another new selling point for coaches, that they demand health monitoring, and this is mostly good.

Does Milos demand blood work or other ways to monitor health? Does he ask his clients to use a glucose monitor, especially to see what GH is doing to glucose? Milos is the insulin king and Phil Viz says any coach who works with insulin and who doesn't do glucose monitoring doesn't know wtf they are doing lol. I'd be curious to know. I kind of suspect Milos mostly doesn't but could be totally wrong.

The guy is sending out a warning. I don't see bodybuilding as a suicide mission. At least it shouldn't be for most. But you get what you pay for. If your genetics aren't top notch and you want to walk around huffing and puffing on 3+ grams a week and full of GH and insulin at 300 lbs for 15 years then shit might break. Simple Simon says fuck yourself if you will. Simple as that.
I could be wrong but I think you're the guy who stated he uses Tren year round at 400mg.If I am correct and you're that person you're on a suicide mission.

I could be wrong but I think you're the guy who stated he uses Tren year round at 400mg.If I am correct and you're that person you're on a suicide mission.
Nope. Never did that. I barely ever use Tren.

Older guys may have learned and wisened up perhaps but it used to be that no one, or almost no one, did any health monitoring whatsoever, including or perhaps even especially, the pros. Because there simply was a lack of knowledge. Perhaps I'm wrong. Did Flex Wheeler or Tom Prince do frequent blood work and check their BP often? Or check their morning blood glucose? I highly doubt it.
Now the kids coming up hiring these new-school coaches appear to be doing blood work and many appear to be getting into protective drugs like ARBs from the start. It's another new selling point for coaches, that they demand health monitoring, and this is mostly good.

Does Milos demand blood work or other ways to monitor health? Does he ask his clients to use a glucose monitor, especially to see what GH is doing to glucose? Milos is the insulin king and Phil Viz says any coach who works with insulin and who doesn't do glucose monitoring doesn't know wtf they are doing lol. I'd be curious to know. I kind of suspect Milos mostly doesn't but could be totally wrong.
Guys still dropping dead young.. I don't know who coached Dallas, but he needed better guidance. Dying at age 27. I think the majority of guys using steroids and other PEDs still don't do blood tests, ekgs, etc. Our members on here definitely seem better educated on the subject. I like to see the great number of guys on here doing it.

Guys still dropping dead young.. I don't know who coached Dallas, but he needed better guidance. Dying at age 27. I think the majority of guys using steroids and other PEDs still don't do blood tests, ekgs, etc. Our members on here definitely seem better educated on the subject. I like to see the great number of guys on here doing it.

Yup. Dallas' passing made many guys take notice though. Someone said Redcon should've and should insist on thorough health checkups before signing on athletes. It's really not their responsibility IMO but they also could not sign on anyone massively muscular because it's unlikely they have everything "normal." Even if something like heart size, which cardiologists say is a risk factor in itself. Same with coaches. Who thinks Clarida isn't taking huge risks? What is Jansen supposed to do? Risk minimization, sure. Jansen said Shaun's health markers took a beating during his Mr O prep. Of course they did. Jansen most likely reevaluation things after Dallas' passing, Bostin said his gear dosage recs came down in the aftermath.

The question is, even if someone like Dallas Mccarver did all of the testing... Would he have changed his approach?

I highly doubt it which is probably also the reason why he and others just don't bother with the testing.

It's sad.I still can't believe Dallas was only 27.There were no amount of tests that would of helped him.The body is not equipped to handle the amount of size he gained in such a short amount of time.

It's sad.I still can't believe Dallas was only 27.There were no amount of tests that would of helped him.The body is not equipped to handle the amount of size he gained in such a short amount of time.

That's not entirely true. He had blocked arteries. The question with him was if he had any symptoms and ignored them? The Calcium CT/Calcium Score test that I spoke about would have revealed all of this, HOWEVER it isn't common for a 25, 26, 27 year old to get that test done.

When it comes to bodybuilders, this may be confusing to many of you, but many of the guys who are at the highest level of competition have absolutely no idea about prevention or how to read and what research should be done. This knowledge is still possessed by a few, although it is now available to everyone, most are simply too lazy to use google

part of the problem at least in some countries is doctors wont do those advanced tests on you due to age? heck even getting a full blood work done is hard sometimes, in usa things are private and you can just get them done so no excuse other than don't care or dont know. try getting an ct score done at age 27 they will ask you why?

Yup. Dallas' passing made many guys take notice though. Someone said Redcon should've and should insist on thorough health checkups before signing on athletes. It's really not their responsibility IMO but they also could not sign on anyone massively muscular because it's unlikely they have everything "normal." Even if something like heart size, which cardiologists say is a risk factor in itself. Same with coaches. Who thinks Clarida isn't taking huge risks? What is Jansen supposed to do? Risk minimization, sure. Jansen said Shaun's health markers took a beating during his Mr O prep. Of course they did. Jansen most likely reevaluation things after Dallas' passing, Bostin said his gear dosage recs came down in the aftermath.
I guess the question is: Can the off season mass gaining time of year be done with less toxicity on the system? All sorts of drugs are in the mix in contest prep such as Tren, Winstrol, Halo, Mast, high dose GH, Increlex, etc that are more toxic and or risky at dose used in prep than other decent compounds like Test, Primo, Deca, NPP at more reasonable doses.

The question is, even if someone like Dallas Mccarver did all of the testing... Would he have changed his approach?

I highly doubt it which is probably also the reason why he and others just don't bother with the testing.
Great point you make. I definitely think that is the case in some instances. Sometimes even after major cardiac problems the bodybuilder continues on with their practices.

That's not entirely true. He had blocked arteries. The question with him was if he had any symptoms and ignored them? The Calcium CT/Calcium Score test that I spoke about would have revealed all of this, HOWEVER it isn't common for a 25, 26, 27 year old to get that test done.
Didn't he pass out at a contest shortly prior to his death? Can't remember.

part of the problem at least in some countries is doctors wont do those advanced tests on you due to age? heck even getting a full blood work done is hard sometimes, in usa things are private and you can just get them done so no excuse other than don't care or dont know. try getting an ct score done at age 27 they will ask you why?
Good point. I wonder how it is for those outside the US. Even here in the US you can run into insurance denying a test and then the patient has to pay out of pocket. Guys on here have figured out where to get tests done cheap and that Ca test is cheap too.

We should have a sticky thread on here with information posted on where and how to get the proper tests done affordably. Some guys don't have insurance. Even with insurance, most of us have a $2000 or more deductible before insurance pays a dime.

I guess the question is: Can the off season mass gaining time of year be done with less toxicity on the system? All sorts of drugs are in the mix in contest prep such as Tren, Winstrol, Halo, Mast, high dose GH, Increlex, etc that are more toxic and or risky at dose used in prep than other decent compounds like Test, Primo, Deca, NPP at more reasonable doses.
One big factor today is how guys are on all year long. Back in the 70s and 80s when I was growing up I'm pretty sure most guys cycled on and off.

Didn't he pass out at a contest shortly prior to his death? Can't remember.

He did. Imagine multiple narrowed and/or blocked arteries, dehydrated from contest prep which thickens blood which may already be thick, posing hard/squeezing and holding your breath. Not surprised he passed out. Unfortunately that could be explained away/rationalized as a side effect from contest prep. That's why it never hurts to get checked out.

Dallas' situation was the exception and not the rule but it still makes a good case for getting cardiac tests done at a much younger age if you're in this game, especially at a high level of drug use/competition.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member