over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What Would You Do?

RDS

Registered
I’ve purchased Massive which is Justin Harris’s carb cycling program for sale through his ebook. Started it on Monday last week and it’s pretty cool; I’ve never done low/medium/high days before when eating to grow so I’m excited to try something new. It’s less food over the course of a week (I averaged out the calories) than I normally eat when bulking but I usually get too fat anyway so staying a bit leaner is obviously a much better way to do things.

So I’m following the diet pretty much to a T, but the problem is I am fucking starving. Even on the high days I feel like I could be eating way more.

What would you do? The way I see it I have three options:

-Stick to the diet as written. Food obviously increases as you get bigger, and muscle memory is likely going to net me 10lbs or so in the coming weeks at least, so maybe then the food volume will be enough to keep me satisfied.

-Add more high days/have fewer low days. Right now there are 2 high days a week and 3 low. I could turn a low day into a medium, maybe. Or turn another training day into a high day.

-Abandon the diet completely, stuff my fat face until the food becomes a chore then revisit the diet at whatever new body weight I end up as.

Thoughts? For reference I am using 600 test, 600 EQ and 200 Tren. I don’t think the drugs had anything to do with it as I’ve only been on for a week.

Thanks all.

How high are the high and how low are the low calorie wise? Do you know your baseline calories to maintain weight? I'm not big into calorie numbers set in stone. Could also eat less calorie dense more voluminous food aka veggies, chicken. Sauerkraut with meat, mushrooms, low calorie stuff that has a large volume to keep you full. Smaller feeding window can help with hunger.

How high are the high and how low are the low calorie wise? Do you know your baseline calories to maintain weight? I'm not big into calorie numbers set in stone. Could also eat less calorie dense more voluminous food aka veggies, chicken. Sauerkraut with meat, mushrooms, low calorie stuff that has a large volume to keep you full. Smaller feeding window can help with hunger

Assuming a 3000 cal maintenance (which is an educated guess based in body weight) then my high days are about 1000 caps over maintenance, medium days about 500 and low days are around maintenance. I could, of course, be grossly underestimating my maintenance...

Shortening feeding window seems like it’d just mean hungry at a different time of day. It’s not being hungry that’s concerning me, it’s the idea my body wants more calories to grow than I’m giving it.

It’s all clean calories from meat, rice and vegetables so can’t really increase food volume any further with what I’ve got.

Appreciate the response, man!

Do you have any sort of healthy fats added within your meals?
coconut oil
avocado oil
red palm oil

Stick to the fucking diet!

The fact that your starving is excellent, that's what you want in the growth phase, most people Peter out cause 8 weeks from now they have no appetite and are sick of always eating so embrace the hunger and pray that it stays with you throughout the growth phase.

coconut oil
avocado oil
red palm oil
It's Justin Harris diet plan so I'm absolutely sure it's ON POINT!

So you spent your hard earned money to buy an ebook from one of the top prep guys in the field then come on professional muscle to ask people you don't know what they think you should do? Hell one of the guys that gave you advice (and you thanked him) is about 170lbs soaking wet and barely looks like he lifts. Common man stick to the program, maybe email JH and get his EXPERT OPINION since he wrote the book.

coconut oil
avocado oil
red palm oil

Yeah fats are all taken care of and modulated based on how much carbohydrate you eat that day

So you spent your hard earned money to buy an ebook from one of the top prep guys in the field then come on professional muscle to ask people you don't know what they think you should do? Hell one of the guys that gave you advice (and you thanked him) is about 170lbs soaking wet and barely looks like he lifts. Common man stick to the program, maybe email JH and get his EXPERT OPINION since he wrote the book.
Ok ok, you’re right and I know you’re right. I guess it’s the same impatient nature that gets me fat every time I try and bulk.

I didn’t want to email Justin because he’s not my coach, so I thought I’d ask on here. I realise posters here aren’t to his level (although, as you saw, I’m always thankful to anyone who pitches in on one of my threads to help regardless of where they’re at with their own development) but given Justin charges people for coaching it felt like bad form to bother him. He does seem like a cool guy though so maybe he’d not mind...

Anyway, unsurprisingly bboy you are right! I’ll stop being a douche and just stick to the diet.

You weren’t being a douche. Give us an update down the line on how the plan works out for you.

Then tell b-boy thank you ;-)
Haha, thanks, man. Yeah I’ll report back in a few months probably bitching that it’s too much food and I can’t do it!

170 and don't forget tall and fat, that makes it worse. :)

Not a fan of buying cookie cutter plans and not knowing maintenance calories but if it works it works!

170 and don't forget tall and fat, that makes it worse. :)

Not a fan of buying cookie cutter plans and not knowing maintenance calories but if it works it works!

It’s not a crapshoot in terms of your macros. You enter height, weight and body fat percentage and it calculates them for you. Doesn’t tell your maintenance calories but tells you what your macros need to be for the different days. He also gives rules for food choices and things like that.

It’s actually pretty cool. He sends it to you as an excel sheet and when you gain weight it recalculates all your shit for you. You can even look into the future and see how much you’ll need to eat if you gain 20lbs

It’s not a crapshoot in terms of your macros. You enter height, weight and body fat percentage and it calculates them for you. Doesn’t tell your maintenance calories but tells you what your macros need to be for the different days. He also gives rules for food choices and things like that.

It’s actually pretty cool. He sends it to you as an excel sheet and when you gain weight it recalculates all your shit for you. You can even look into the future and see how much you’ll need to eat if you gain 20lbs

Nice. I'm a big fan of carb cycling myself. I typically just do high and low days and not medium to keep it simple. But def think carb and calorie cycling are better to keep hunger in check and structure calories/ carbs closer to intense workout sessions. But what do I know 😂 stick with it even if your not happy with results you will gain alot of knowledge and learn how to make adjustments.

Reactions: RDS
I’ve purchased Massive which is Justin Harris’s carb cycling program for sale through his ebook. Started it on Monday last week and it’s pretty cool; I’ve never done low/medium/high days before when eating to grow so I’m excited to try something new. It’s less food over the course of a week (I averaged out the calories) than I normally eat when bulking but I usually get too fat anyway so staying a bit leaner is obviously a much better way to do things.

So I’m following the diet pretty much to a T, but the problem is I am fucking starving. Even on the high days I feel like I could be eating way more.

What would you do? The way I see it I have three options:

-Stick to the diet as written. Food obviously increases as you get bigger, and muscle memory is likely going to net me 10lbs or so in the coming weeks at least, so maybe then the food volume will be enough to keep me satisfied.

-Add more high days/have fewer low days. Right now there are 2 high days a week and 3 low. I could turn a low day into a medium, maybe. Or turn another training day into a high day.

-Abandon the diet completely, stuff my fat face until the food becomes a chore then revisit the diet at whatever new body weight I end up as.

Thoughts? For reference I am using 600 test, 600 EQ and 200 Tren. I don’t think the drugs had anything to do with it as I’ve only been on for a week.

Thanks all.

I'd personally wait longer because thinking of adjusting anything. Give it more time and see where that takes it first.

I know Justin is a big fan of using slin, at least on higher carb days. Does the ebook gives you guidelines for this too? I'm assuming NOT, but thought I'd ask.

I'd personally wait longer because thinking of adjusting anything. Give it more time and see where that takes it first.

I know Justin is a big fan of using slin, at least on higher carb days. Does the ebook gives you guidelines for this too? I'm assuming NOT, but thought I'd ask.
Yeah I’m trying to reign in my impatience!

Yeah I’ve listened to podcasts where Justin has outlined his slin use but I’m not an insulin user myself. The info’s all easy to find but I have no interest.

I actually misspoke in the above post where I mentioned an ebook. It’s not an ebook; it comes as an excel spreadsheet. There is no mention of any kind of PED, as you’d expect.

Yeah I’m trying to reign in my impatience!

Yeah I’ve listened to podcasts where Justin has outlined his slin use but I’m not an insulin user myself. The info’s all easy to find but I have no interest.

I actually misspoke in the above post where I mentioned an ebook. It’s not an ebook; it comes as an excel spreadsheet. There is no mention of any kind of PED, as you’d expect.
You mentioned plugging in your body fat to get the plan - do you have a truly accurate current body fat measurement, like a Dexa scan? If not, the output numbers could be suboptimal for you goals.

You mentioned plugging in your body fat to get the plan - do you have a truly accurate current body fat measurement, like a Dexa scan? If not, the output numbers could be suboptimal for you goals.
Anyone know the best way to go about getting one, and price range? Im guessing this is the gold standard, are there any other more cost effective ways to get a true bf, assuming it's expensive?

Anyone know the best way to go about getting one, and price range? Im guessing this is the gold standard, are there any other more cost effective ways to get a true bf, assuming it's expensive?
DexaFit lists all their locations around the country - https://www.dexafit.com/dexafit-store-mapper

I forget the exact cost but it's around $100. Sometimes they run BOGO 50% off, package deals where you can get 3 for a discounted rate, etc.

Dexa and underwater measurements are considered the most accurate methods of measuring body fat. I stick with Dexa because I've done it for 5 years and I can compare all my historical data each time. Dexa measures lean mass, fat mass, visceral fat, bone mineral content, gives breakdowns of lean mass per each arm and leg, android vs. gynoid fat distribution, and more. It's an invaluable tool for both those who are very serious about their physiques and everyday people wanting to know where they stand.

DexaFit lists all their locations around the country - https://www.dexafit.com/dexafit-store-mapper

I forget the exact cost but it's around $100. Sometimes they run BOGO 50% off, package deals where you can get 3 for a discounted rate, etc.

Dexa and underwater measurements are considered the most accurate methods of measuring body fat. I stick with Dexa because I've done it for 5 years and I can compare all my historical data each time. Dexa measures lean mass, fat mass, visceral fat, bone mineral content, gives breakdowns of lean mass per each arm and leg, android vs. gynoid fat distribution, and more. It's an invaluable tool for both those who are very serious about their physiques and everyday people wanting to know where they stand.
Wow, that is affordable. I see one about 2 hours from my home. If I were seriously into bodybuilding I might actually make that drive for such a low price. Wondering if there is a way to find more sites in the US. There have to be more that guys can find.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear