over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Convenient carb sources

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I saw Stan Efferding mention these bibigo rice bowls from Costco on a podcast and they're fucking amazing. They come in a pack of 8 for 8 dollars, and contain 72 grams of carbs from sticky white rice, which as a nice side benefit digests even faster than regular white rice due to the high amylopectin content and low amylose content. This is the perfect amount of carbs per meal for me, they’re shelf stable, and take 90 seconds to cook. Hope this helps someone like it has me, and please share any cool little things you use that make life easier

I like fruit juice, particularly when growing. It's easier than ever to find quality ones without a lot of added sugar, there's so much variety of flavors, and it's an easy way to add hundreds of calories to a meal in literally seconds.

I like fruit juice, particularly when growing. It's easier than ever to find quality ones without a lot of added sugar, there's so much variety of flavors, and it's an easy way to add hundreds of calories to a meal in literally seconds.
If I’m trying to put on size I like to blend oats in with my protein but if I do a lot I get bloated.

You and I are on the same page. I buy the 3 pack of orange juice bottles from Costco and go through a bottle about every 2-3 days. Pretty much all my carbs come from white rice, fruit juice, and dextrose

Semolina is great. Try it if you can buy it.

Unfortunately for me, there are no convenient sources of carbs (I find it very difficult to keep the amounts and calories at their point), but if I have to use one, it will be oatmeal, breakfast cereals, or dextrose.

I saw Stan Efferding mention these bibigo rice bowls from Costco on a podcast and they're fucking amazing. They come in a pack of 8 for 8 dollars, and contain 72 grams of carbs from sticky white rice, which as a nice side benefit digests even faster than regular white rice due to the high amylopectin content and low amylose content. This is the perfect amount of carbs per meal for me, they’re shelf stable, and take 90 seconds to cook. Hope this helps someone like it has me, and please share any cool little things you use that make life easier
Cluster dextrin.Fast digesting and easy on the stomach, its not cheap though.

Buckwheat. I have rarely used it for the past 10 years, but now I eat it 2-3 times a day. This is a very cool food rich in nutrients, fiber and very easy to digest. I highly recommend it for people with IBS and diabetes. It is not cereal and does not contain gluten - just someone shitty called it in English.

Fill it with boiling water from a kettle and leave it overnight - in the morning it will be ready. Remember to close the lid. If you need it urgently, you can cook it.

It can be used in sugar-filled milk porridge or wherever you are accustomed to using rice. It turns out very well if you mix it with butter and use it as it is.

I would recommend using it with other foods rich in vitamin C. For example, parsley. Parsley is by far the most underrated food. I believe that everyone who cares about their health should eat it at least 1-2 times a day.

Looked them up, look small, I assume a good choice for someone struggling to get in alot of food vs someone who is always hungry? Def convenient. The only thing I can't stand about sam's such a huge store, crowded, takes a while to get everything then I eat it all in a few days lol. Seems like the prices have went up since back in the day or is it just me? Aldi has some good foods and your in and out. Love the big bags of shrimp though at sam's 15 bucks for a big bag of colossal shrimp!

Looked them up, look small, I assume a good choice for someone struggling to get in alot of food vs someone who is always hungry? Def convenient. The only thing I can't stand about sam's such a huge store, crowded, takes a while to get everything then I eat it all in a few days lol. Seems like the prices have went up since back in the day or is it just me? Aldi has some good foods and your in and out. Love the big bags of shrimp though at sam's 15 bucks for a big bag of colossal shrimp!
It’s over a cup of rice. A cup has 52 grams of carbs, these are 72 grams.

im definitely going to pick up some of the rice bowls next time I'm at costco.
But definitely a shit ton more expensive than a cheap rice cooker and cheap white rice.
IMO, if you are running around at an office...this are great. Throw in microwave, and you're done.

I've kind of evolved my "convenience" foods for the moment as I still work from home.
When I was getting up at 4AM to make my meals and out the door at 540 for the gym, i was on another plan.
But right now i can just throw some jasmine rice into my cooker and i grab it what, 30 mins later? Rice for the day done.
Kind of just depends on if you are close to a kitchen or not. Its another reason why the Air Fryer thread pushed me to get one lol. Convenience.

Cheap and convenient can kinda mean two different things now.
Cheap: bags of white rice, potatoes, Gatorade powder, cereal.
Convenient: fruit juice, bagels, rice cakes, packets of oatmeal/grits,

im definitely going to pick up some of the rice bowls next time I'm at costco.
But definitely a shit ton more expensive than a cheap rice cooker and cheap white rice.
IMO, if you are running around at an office...this are great. Throw in microwave, and you're done.

I've kind of evolved my "convenience" foods for the moment as I still work from home.
When I was getting up at 4AM to make my meals and out the door at 540 for the gym, i was on another plan.
But right now i can just throw some jasmine rice into my cooker and i grab it what, 30 mins later? Rice for the day done.
Kind of just depends on if you are close to a kitchen or not. Its another reason why the Air Fryer thread pushed me to get one lol. Convenience.

Cheap and convenient can kinda mean two different things now.
Cheap: bags of white rice, potatoes, Gatorade powder, cereal.
Convenient: fruit juice, bagels, rice cakes, packets of oatmeal/grits,
Ya it definitely costs more so I usually only eat one of these a day as my post workout meal carb. The rest of my carbs come from jasmine rice that I cook myself.
and I hear tou on cheap and convenient. I buy the big jugs of Gatorade powder and drink two 32 ounce Gatorade’s daily. One with my post workout meal, and one with my family dinner meal. Saves a shit ton of money over buying the bottles

I use packs of jasmine rice which are 80g carbs. 90 secs to cook and very convenient. I add fruit to my rice quite a lot so about 120g carbs and very convenient. Either dried fruit such as goji berries or fresh mango or pineapple. Post workout I sometimes have rice based cereal such as rice krispies. If I ever have a rice meal and want some fast carbs I add honey to the rice (tastes amazing).

I use packs of jasmine rice which are 80g carbs. 90 secs to cook and very convenient. I add fruit to my rice quite a lot so about 120g carbs and very convenient. Either dried fruit such as goji berries or fresh mango or pineapple. Post workout I sometimes have rice based cereal such as rice krispies. If I ever have a rice meal and want some fast carbs I add honey to the rice (tastes amazing).
I add some dextrose to my rice in Stan Efferding’s suggestion and it does taste nice but for whatever reason it really does make it easier to eat a ton of it. He claims it’s due to the dextrose causing your mouth to release more saliva breaking the starches in the rice down easier. I don’t know how true that it....but it works for some reason

Lately I’ve been on an instant oatmeal and raisins kick. Eating it about 3x a day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws