over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back 2x a week

Brock456

Registered
Newbies
Looking to really work on my back, thinking of doing it 2x a week.

I know Jay did it back in the day to finally beat Ronnie, mind you I’m not him….

But how would I incorporate that in a 5-6 day split?

my current split is:
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs
Rest
Repeat

I'd do a back thickness day after chest where you hit heavy rows ad rack deadlifts then a back width day, which should be less taxing than back thickness, after legs.

I've done PPL for almost 4 years. One day is back thickness / traps / biceps; the other is back width / rear delts / traps / biceps. My back has made great progress with that.

unless your genetically gifted or very young and doing a very low volume/high frequency training my opinion would be a solid NO

My philosophy is anything that’s a weak body part you should train twice a week for me it was chest and training it twice a week has brought up size and strength

My philosophy is anything that’s a weak body part you should train twice a week for me it was chest and training it twice a week has brought up size and strength

how do you work that into your split?

I'd do a back thickness day after chest where you hit heavy rows ad rack deadlifts then a back width day, which should be less taxing than back thickness, after legs.

I've done PPL for almost 4 years. One day is back thickness / traps / biceps; the other is back width / rear delts / traps / biceps. My back has made great progress with that.

I like a thickness and width day. How would you space these out?
and what exercises would u do for width? A lot of wide grip pull downs, pull ups?

It might not benefit you to add another back day if your execution of the exercises to stimulate the muscle is trash.
Maybe make your one back day higher quality per rep, per set before adding in more frequency.

It might not benefit you to add another back day if your execution of the exercises to stimulate the muscle is trash.
Maybe make your one back day higher quality per rep, per set before adding in more frequency.
Yes.

The first solution for a lagging body part should always be reevaluating exercise selection. If what you're doing isn't optimal for your structure, doing more of it won't do anything. If you can't feel the lats / rhomboids / etc. stretch and squeeze on every rep, your back won't develop.

In my experience, this is more a question of the form of the exercise rather than frequency or volume. For example, I blew my wife's back(which she was very unhappy about) with 1 back width exercise(1 rest-pause set) and 1 back thickness exercise(1-2 straight sets), 1 time per week. After changing exercises, even at a higher frequency, the back stopped growing.

I have been following Gamma Bomb from John Meadows. The split for part of the program is

Back
Chest/shoulder
Legs
Arms
Rest
Touch up workout ( pump) for chest/back/shoulders. 3 movements for each That’s helped me a lot as I needed work in all those areas.
You could consider something like that perhaps

I'd say any part you want to bring up, hit twice a week. Arms, delts, 3 maybe. Maybe not the answer your looking for, but if you really want to add volume to back, may drop some volume from another part so you don't live in the gym. So chest, legs, drop some sets per week and add some back. Could lower volume for legs and do a back/quads and a back/hamstrings day in place if your current back day and legs day.

What exercises did you do for thickness? Width?

What exercises did you do for thickness? Width?
Thickness:
  • Unilateral HS low row
  • Unilateral FM or HS high row
  • Smith rack deadlift
Width:
  • Unilateral FM pulldown
  • Unilateral HS underhand or neutral pulldown
  • Unilateral standing cable pullover

Thickness:
  • Unilateral HS low row
  • Smith rack deadlift
Width:
  • Unilateral FM pulldown

No DB rows? BB rows? T bar rows? Wide grip pull downs? I feel like those would be a staple for any back workout. Just not sure which would be thickness/width as I feel like those rows accomplish both.

No DB rows? BB rows? T bar rows? Wide grip pull downs? I feel like those would be a staple for any back workout. Just not sure which would be thickness/width as I feel like those rows accomplish both.
If those exercises work for you then do them. I got nothing from them.

There are no staple exercises when it comes to bodybuilding and muscular hypertrophy - that mindset is why guys train for years with no progress. Hypertrophy is about squeezing and stretching the muscle through the range of motion - it doesn't matter if that's with a dumbbell, barbell, cable-pulley, band, Hammer Strength, whatever. Your muscle doesn't know what equipment you're using, it only knows how hard you're making it work.

wide grib does not = wide
pulldowndown and pullups is more upperback that it is lats

use youtube there is so many good peolpe to learn from

don't compare yourself to jay and never ronnie both people are freak and could grow on anything.plus de did alot of drugs and have the best genes

take your back volume and spilt it up the same with your arms. you don't need an arm day unlees you are a pro
and this will give you more rest to grow.
Back/ Shoulders
Chest/ arms
rest
Legs
rest
Back/arms
rest

tbar rows and especially BB rows are very systemically taxing, and are very hard to get a fully lengthened and fully contracted muscle. And usually as reps increase other muscles come to help
More and fatigue makes your for
Go to shit

Dan has selected those exercises because for him, he can connect to the part of the back he wants to tax, they have a high stability component, so less form and fatigue breakdown.

Also, more volume can be allocated to the back with those exercisss. You do 3 sets of hard BB rows, 3 sets of Tbar rows, your gonna be half cooked, and you’ve only done 6 sets.

If you can’t recover from 2x a week push/pull/legs, I like

(push)
(Pull )
(Legs)
Off
(Push)
(Deadlifts, 1 quad movement, 1 horizontal row, 1 vertical row)
Off

Thickness:
  • Unilateral HS low row
  • Smith rack deadlift
Width:
  • Unilateral FM pulldown
whats a standing unilateral cable pullover? can u show an example? sounds interesting.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131