over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketogenic diet?

What's your opinion of things like cottage cheese and Greek Yogurt, a bit too processed?
Dairy. Milk...hmm... I'm just not big on dairy. Lactose is the problem. The only dairy that I do are the milkfat and whey and leave the lactose behind: butter (milkfat) and dry cheeses where enzymes have eaten all the sugars leaving mostly only the whey behind and have little or no carb value at all.

***This is what feels good for me though.*** Everyone is different. Yogurt may be good for someone as a digestive aid/health. Your system may tolerate lactose perfectly. I do not. I hold water plus a little stomach upset (indigestion).

Eggs are another example. If your ancestry lived in a temperate region where eggs were only available seasonally, you might get the egg intolerance (egg shits) beyond a point. If your ancestry came from tropical regions, eggs may have been available year round and you have almost a complete tolerance. You can take supplements that will solve this problem today but I'm just using it at an example.

The whole diet is based on evolutionary biology. Physiologically, we haven't changed much in a hundred thousand years. Why do we eat like we have? I keep it real basic. I do have an "anything" day occasionally but I've been eating this way so long, I don't even think about it anymore.

Did you see where B-Boy used a pepper as a bun? That's me, too. I'll eat a hamburger with real cheese (not a processed "cheese food") with a few drops of hot sauce between two handfuls of lettuce. I'm not a big bread fan either. I will enjoy bread on anything days but not on the job. And I will avoid straight sugar even on anything days.

Dairy. Milk...hmm... I'm just not big on dairy. Lactose is the problem. The only dairy that I do are the milkfat and whey and leave the lactose behind: butter (milkfat) and dry cheeses where enzymes have eaten all the sugars leaving mostly only the whey behind and have little or no carb value at all.

***This is what feels good for me though.*** Everyone is different. Yogurt may be good for someone as a digestive aid/health. Your system may tolerate lactose perfectly. I do not. I hold water plus a little stomach upset (indigestion).

Eggs are another example. If your ancestry lived in a temperate region where eggs were only available seasonally, you might get the egg intolerance (egg shits) beyond a point. If your ancestry came from tropical regions, eggs may have been available year round and you have almost a complete tolerance. You can take supplements that will solve this problem today but I'm just using it at an example.

The whole diet is based on evolutionary biology. Physiologically, we haven't changed much in a hundred thousand years. Why do we eat like we have? I keep it real basic. I do have an "anything" day occasionally but I've been eating this way so long, I don't even think about it anymore.

Did you see where B-Boy used a pepper as a bun? That's me, too. I'll eat a hamburger with real cheese (not a processed "cheese food") with a few drops of hot sauce between two handfuls of lettuce. I'm not a big bread fan either. I will enjoy bread on anything days but not on the job. And I will avoid straight sugar even on anything days.

I'm mainly Scandi and Northern European, so higher fats are, for me, a given. Animal protein and fat, lots of fungi as I find they're pretty amazing, veggies, some fruits, mostly berries. There's so much dietal variance relative to geography, race, ethnic background and there must absolutely be genetic markers for such, in my amazingly unscientific opinion

Name me an Asian on keto. Yea, no...

I'm mainly Scandi and Northern European, so higher fats are, for me, a given. Animal protein and fat, lots of fungi as I find they're pretty amazing, veggies, some fruits, mostly berries. There's so much dietal variance relative to geography, race, ethnic background and there must absolutely be genetic markers for such, in my amazingly unscientific opinion

Man I don’t know what part of my ancestry this comes from, but I have to consume insane amounts of carbs along with moderate/high protein and a good amount of fats in order to gain any appreciable size. At my largest of about 270 I was eating 8-10 Oz protein per meal, 2 cups white rice, and a 32 ounce Gatorade 6 times a day, as well as any and all possible junk food I could manage to eat. I don’t think I felt hungry once in probably 4 years. Constantly full to the brim. But dammit all if I wasn’t a fucking tank and strong as hell. I had terrible sleep apnea, but it was pretty awesome to be a beast for awhile

Right on. That's not unscientific! That IS exactly scientific. No way this is one size fits all. Cro-Magnon I put together for me specifically. I have no stomach issues, no bloat, regular movements, and hardly no powders or snack bars except as a last resort. Some guys out there (which is fine) appear to supplement their shakes, drinks, capsules, etc with the occasional meal of actual food. Digestion burns calories too! I can't see how people do it but they're there.

You said Asian right? Well my one lifting bud is Vietnamese. If he drinks a few beers, he gets beet red. Because Vietnamese and Southeast Asians lack the dehydrogenase which helps break down alcohol. Women lack it, too. A 250lb Nigerian man and a 250lb Vietnamese woman can not tolerate the same amount of alcohol even though they weigh the same. That's not sexist or racist, it's just biology. I sunburn and hold fat like crazy because of my heritage from colder climates. What can you do? You live and train around your biology. That's all you can do.

Last edited:
My bloodwork, specifically hdl, was never been than it was when I was doing keto. Unfortunately my workouts were not as good as my bloodwork was.

I remember MP doing a video on diets and he said keto was his favorite for staying on long term but his bloodwork was not good on keto. I have personally never done a true keto looks amazing maybe I’ll try it one day.

Can atest to the efficiency of this diet, it's pretty remarkable how you well you can feel and perform being fat adapted

I don't do complete keto, but High protein, high fats, low-moderate carbs

Off season On non-training days my carbs might be 75-100 grams total, training days 200-300. If I want to get leaner, I can basically keep everything high and just reduce carbs

Stay lean, full, strong doing this. It's funny, I can have a 500 grams of carb day, and look flatter than when my fats are high and carbs are low-moderate

Prob not the most efficient way to progress as a bodybuilder, but all other goals considered; it's something that's worked really well for me

Macros are a crazy game. Lots of arguments we've seen over the years. Soooo many! And for what? Two 270lb muscular bros with similar bloodwork eating two completely different diets arguing over the best way to eat? Seriously?

I should start a thread on micros (vitamins, minerals, elements, etc)

Humans and Guinea Pigs can't make ascorbic acid. Dogs can. Cats, elephants, rhinos can. If we don't consume Vit-C, we die. It's that simple. Why?

We need all sorts of bizarre nutrients from our diets. Manganese, Copper, NACL, even arsenic. How would you or anyone for that matter, know what your best level of sulphur is? What about a manganese surplus or deficiency? If you were low on selenium? And what would the health effects be? More Acne? Increased balding? More moles? Pancreatic problems? Nobody... NOBODY has the first. damn. clue. But we need them! Who knows how much is anyone's guess.

CKD is the best diet for me too get stage-ready, hands down. With enough sodium and water I can maintain fullness and get a pump. I do run out of gas pretty hard though.

I found that besides low carbs affecting my sleep for the reasons @micro2000 posted, it also negatively impacts my asthma, despite many experiencing the opposite.

I'm not very metabolically flexible, and running keto year round wouldn't work for me, especially in my job. The mental fog and lethargy never really clear for me.

CKD is the best diet for me too get stage-ready, hands down. With enough sodium and water I can maintain fullness and get a pump. I do run out of gas pretty hard though.

I found that besides low carbs affecting my sleep for the reasons @micro2000 posted, it also negatively impacts my asthma, despite many experiencing the opposite.

I'm not very metabolically flexible, and running keto year round wouldn't work for me, especially in my job. The mental fog and lethargy never really clear for me.
The lowest fat level I ever had, trying to get those last few pounds was rough. I crashed hard a few times. I was heavy on the cardio, lifting as intense as I could, on an ECA stack. Once your blood sugar is low, and your liver and muscle glycogen and ATP is all depleted, all you have left is fat lipolysis... It can't keep up. Felt like my body was turning inside out. Could barely walk. But 5 minutes after 32oz of Gatorade, I was perfecly fine.

The lowest fat level I ever had, trying to get those last few pounds was rough. I crashed hard a few times. I was heavy on the cardio, lifting as intense as I could, on an ECA stack. Once your blood sugar is low, and your liver and muscle glycogen and ATP is all depleted, all you have left is fat lipolysis... It can't keep up. Felt like my body was turning inside out. Could barely walk. But 5 minutes after 32oz of Gatorade, I was perfecly fine.
And this is where becoming metabolically flexible comes in handy, when your running on fumes you won't zone and feel like shit, your body easily switches fuel sources to run all its processes off ketones, the liver start easily producing ketones and your body knows how to use them easily 😉.

I made some fried chicken drumsticks in the air fryer today. Just took some mayonnaise and mustard and mixed together in a bowl, coated my drumsticks with it then seasoned them and cooked them in the air fryer, turned out freaking crispy and delicious, my youngest daughter even loved them (senior in college)

I made some fried chicken drumsticks in the air fryer today. Just took some mayonnaise and mustard and mixed together in a bowl, coated my drumsticks with it then seasoned them and cooked them in the air fryer, turned out freaking crispy and delicious, my youngest daughter even loved them (senior in college)
Mayonnaise is actually a trick to getting crispy juicy chicken on the grill. It enhances the maillard effect(browning of meat) and keeps the meat moist, juicy, and tender

Mayonnaise is actually a trick to getting crispy juicy chicken on the grill. It enhances the maillard effect(browning of meat) and keeps the meat moist, juicy, and tender
I have to try that. I need a new oven. I got mine years ago. It still works fine but I'd like to have more headroom. Like for a whole pheasant or chicken. I have no idea what to buy. So many now. All kinds of 8 in 1 devices... I just need a convection air fryer. I don't need to chargrill lines and shit.

@b-boy , I'll put it this way . the mind was willing but the flesh was weak. Now I get the fats in pre-workout so they're already in the bloodstream ready to go. I guess I had to learn that lesson the hard way. (I'm a little hard-headed as you know)

But my body definitely gave me the message.

Amen, Bboy. I've found that as long as I'm eating enough calories and keep water and sodium high, I don't really lose pumps in the gym or really even "flatten" out to much of a degree. Sure, the day after a re-feed day, I'm pumped to the max, swollen to all hell which is awesome, but the low carb diets have always worked for me for getting lean and even gaining muscle (provided calories are where they need to be).

But your abdomen look like a shit of pregnant fat, lol

Gw50516 will help you shift to fat adaptation the first few months

MCT oil and fish oil as main fat sources the first few weeks, then slowly remove MCT and replace with olives, avocados, grass fed meat.

also if your doing keto, pick up some beef organ tabs. It’s freeze dried heart, kidney, liver, spleen.

a few berries before bed. (Like 15g carbs for sleep)

once your truly fat adapted...not just producing ketones (totally different) it’s so easy to rip off fat.

a morning dose of 375mg DNP and a 21h fast...the next morning your literally leaner in the mirror.

MCT oil and fish oil as main fat sources the first few weeks, then slowly remove MCT and replace with olives, avocados, grass fed meat.

If for some reason someone wants to get into ketosis easily and directly, he can do an Atkins Fat Fast. 2 days with 1000 calories divided into 3 or 4 meals, only pure fat sources: coconut oil, TCM, glee butter, olive oil...

Totally agree. Carbs just make me puffy. I’ve reintroduced them as I’m always low carb and at first, during the reintroduction phase, you look amazing but then the edema just seems to worsen especially for myself and I’m sure others with food sensitivities. Even cream of rice can cause me some bloat. I’ve always been low fat, high protein but yesterday decided to up my fats in addition and woke up looking great, so I will be utilizing this approach. Definitely working for bboy ! Haha. Going to try the anabolic diet type approach. Keto 5-6 days a week and then weekends heavy refeed

😋 yummy

For dinner tonight I made a waffle bun (egg and cheddar cheese) and had a sandwich with smoked salmon, 2 slices of bacon, reduced fat cream cheese, pickle, mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle.
Turned out great 👍

Maintaining good fullness. 20210505_172809.jpg

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member