over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old timers

As far as I’m aware, QT and QFT are the most accurate predictive models ever created and prove themselvs to be to a higher degree each time they’re tested.
SR doesn’t share a common denominator with QFT, GR does in Einstein’s field equations and M-theory, even by the admission of its creator is at most in its infancy and loaded to the tits with holes. Most observable evidence does not support, theoretically or observationally that particular multiverse structure. Based on dark flow measurements, it would seem a bubble multiverse or a multiverse based on an infinite or cyclical model ala roger penrose is more likely.
Ed Whitten, admittedly attests to his model being wildly incomplete. While it may be on the right track, it makes unmeasurable assumptions.
Yep, M-theory was incomplete. If there is a multiverse, it's because their could be other universes at other constants like carrier frequencies on a radio as an analogy. Our universe is at a constant of existence that is planar. The membrane itself is not at the bubble at the edge of the universe spatially; the membrane is nonlocal, and it's curvature by time is what constitutes space. Hence the whole Field thing. That nonlocality confuses people, and it complexes me at the moment. Can't figure out the specifics without something to help you.

Yep, common physics is a mess of mostly incommunicable theories, and it took a new philosophy of science to unify them.

I am feeling like a second rate wannabe. Puking regularly on leg day was never a thing for me. Once squatting while coming up out of the hole, i felt it all coming up and didn't want to projectile on the mirror in front of me so i just clamped it down and swallowed it back down.

I am feeling like a second rate wannabe. Puking regularly on leg day was never a thing for me. Once squatting while coming up out of the hole, i felt it all coming up and didn't want to projectile on the mirror in front of me so i just clamped it down and swallowed it back down.
Honestly though, I only puked when I was natty. I might have been stupid. Who can tell exactly. Top bodybuilders may have to puke on steroids.

I don't want to change the topic too much but if we've come so far and science and knowledge are so much more advanced how come the Olympic Weightlifting records haven't budged much since the 80's? Some of the records set back then might still stand, or very close to the new ones if the weight classes were not restructured. None of those old records have been decimated. In fact, IWF decided to change the weight classes because of doping but also because those records weren't budging. So now, there are "new" records but mostly because there are new weight classes. Many (not all, the greatest ever died a few years ago) of those old weightlifters are still alive.

It's perfectly normal. Everyone that has gone hard enough has probably felt ready to puke. Some people (me) actually do. The reason is because your LES lower esophageal sphincter relaxes during intense exercise from adrenaline and food, drinks, or stomach acid will creep up your esophagus. If you're empty, it can just be a burning sensation. Leg curls would make me hurl because with our machine you're laying declined (head lower than hips). So it was even worse. But it has happened when I was upright as well. I remember taking a swig of mylanta before a big set like squats or C&Js.

I don't want to change the topic too much but if we've come so far and science and knowledge are so much more advanced how come the Olympic Weightlifting records haven't budged much since the 80's? Some of the records set back then might still stand, or very close to the new ones if the weight classes were not restructured. None of those old records have been decimated. In fact, IWF decided to change the weight classes because of doping but also because those records weren't budging. So now, there are "new" records but mostly because there are new weight classes. Many (not all, the greatest ever died a few years ago) of those old weightlifters are still alive.
No, you're right. This whole thread is just a grab bag of nonsense and naivete.

I tried doing that on the way home from the gym after doing legs, but failed to hold it in. I was in the car driving home and it was up around 95 degrees and a humid that day. The gym owner had the AC off too and the place was really hot. I did legs hard that day, squats and who knows what all. I ended up projectile vomiting onto the inside of my windshield while driving. I was scared id get pulled over by a cop and he would think I was drunk.

Every single time I've had a "discussion" with some youngster on BB and PED use they have insisted my information and views are antiquated and they know so much more than me now.

Every single time I see a pic of these same people they are either fat and bloated or look like they hardly workout. They are likely on more gear than me as well.

I'm sure they think they have won the argument as I disengage fairly soon...

I tried doing that on the way home from the gym after doing legs, but failed to hold it in. I was in the car driving home and it was up around 95 degrees and a humid that day. The gym owner had the AC off too and the place was really hot. I did legs hard that day, squats and who knows what all. I ended up projectile vomiting onto the inside of my windshield while driving. I was scared id get pulled over by a cop and he would think I was drunk.
I blew on the drive home from a party once and hit the windshield and it drained down the defroster. Not a good thing, every time I had to use the defroster after that the smell was quite aromatic.

Lol at the projectile vomit....you must if look like the Exorcist...

MS

Lol at the projectile vomit....you must if look like the Exorcist...

MS
and boy was it hard to clean up! At least it didnt get into the defroster vent like Buck's did. Guess I got lucky. It was really nasty driving home though. It was a very hot summer day and it smelled like it had started to cook in the window.

Your gettin' me all teary eyed. Good times!
That smell of vomit was a right of passage. We had multiple lined/tall garbage cans
next to the squat racks at all times.
They had a towels draped over the can. 1st time i vomited i went into the locker room and came out with my gym bag. The guy i was training with asked whete are you going. I said i feel sick im going home
He told me if you walk out I'll never train with you again. I put my stuff bag in the locker and finished leg day.

Guys are using more drugs today for the most part.
I’m confused as to who you’re saying was stronger back then as opposed to now? Pro bodybuilders? The average gym rat? What groups are comparing? What decades? Overall by the numbers people are bigger, stronger, and faster now. There are exceptions but they are exceptions.
No one was stronger its that we trained more like powerlifters and added bodybuilding movements and finishers. Drug use was nothing like it is today. Lots of guys were benching 500 and squatting over 600 with minimum gear. My 200 pound older brother benched 575 at 210 and that was late 80's. He was not a powerlifter its how we trained. Whats were best numbers. Just curious how strong are you?

No one was stronger its that we trained more like powerlifters and added bodybuilding movements and finishers. Drug use was nothing like it is today. Lots of guys were benching 500 and squatting over 600 with minimum gear. My 200 pound older brother benched 575 at 210 and that was late 80's. He was not a powerlifter its how we trained. Whats were best numbers. Just curious how strong are you?
Sorry i posted that long post overreaction before reading your complete post. Im saying at every level as far as intensity and effort. If they trained today like yesterday youll see another Ronnie Coleman. Ronnie was oldschool he paid a serious price but im sure he doesnt regret it. We played sports hurt didnt call in sick to work i guess we were stupid. My 62 year old brother called me and asked what he needed to get his bench back to 405 hes stuck at 365. Science has made everything better bigger and faster but the intensity and work ethic is not the same.

Every single time I've had a "discussion" with some youngster on BB and PED use they have insisted my information and views are antiquated and they know so much more than me now.

Every single time I see a pic of these same people they are either fat and bloated or look like they hardly workout. They are likely on more gear than me as well.

I'm sure they think they have won the argument as I disengage fairly soon...
I was listening to an interview with Chris Aceto and he was saying how he hasn’t changed his views on anything since he first started. People tell him he’s “old school” as an insult. He was a good bodybuilder and is one of the best prep guys. People act as if what used to work doesnt work anymore.

Agree with mas1derful on this one. Younger guys here need to realize that up until 1990 steroids (human grade) were not that difficult to acquire. There were multiple doctors that I knew personally that would gladly sell you whatever you wanted. The Anabolic Steroid Control Act in 1990 changed all that. Shifted the market to Mexico and Europe. Chinese powder suppliers have the market these days and is where most of the UG "labs" get their raw materials today.
Drug use in the 80's-early 90's followed a stacking principle where you gradually increased your dose of various AAS through a 8-12 week cycle. Then you came off everything for an equal amount of time. The powerlifters didn't do that though. See I worked at the gym and being a bigger guy I always got asked to spot guys. Let me state that without a doubt, both the BBers as well as the PLers were strong AF back then! It's what drove me to powerlifting. It was a very tight, very focused group of guys (and a few ladies) that I fell in with. The idea of not coming off and my addiction to the deadlift & squat in particular (my bench sucked) was the root cause of my infertility issues and all the injuries I've sustained over the years. It caught up with me. I didn't have the luxury of going on a forum like this back then. Maybe it's the gym I train at but I just don't see that same commitment to pushing HEAVY in the gym today. Where I do see it is in the crossfit crew believe it or not.

I just wanted to raz you a bit and never meant to go off the deep end. I originally came to this board with an attitude as if I'm not here to sell anything or make friends.

So can we do this thing healthy or what?

Let's get some old timers going.

The improvements in knowledge are marginal, especially in the last 20-30 years. It's mostly the dissemination of knowledge that was already there. You can throw all the scientific studies you want at bodybuilding and resistance training and it doesn't mean shit because none of those studies are on actual elite level athletes. In the end, bodybuilding is a tradition and a science combined, and I would guestimate 90% of the progress has been through tradition, not science.

I will concede this: the science of safe and proper mechanics, joint balance, neurological training knowledge has indeed improved greatly in the last 20-30 years, but I'm not completely convinced that knowledge wasn't mostly there in very limited circles of expertise.
When we say knowledge, we are not being particularly clear as to what/who he the knowledge. Are you talking bout the knowledge that you see practiced by the general public or knowledge practiced by the few most knowledgeable?

Yah the tradition of bodybuilding that you speak of is often the authentic knowledge of personal experience, passed concretely though experience, it is organically organized. However, we know a hell of a lot more now than we used to. A lot of the latest knowledge is inauthentic and impracticed by the general public.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131