over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein drink with meals?

for me I do liquid egg whites in between actually all throughout day because of digestion issues but regardless I take enzymes to help break down the massive amounts of protein (protease, pepsin, acetic acid papain, etc) I like to do whey too but it takes more enzyme for me to break down

If your digestion can handle a full-on protein shake and you stay within your goals/macros by doing so physique wise, and dont compromise them - I would say go for it, but regardless to increase nutrient absorption in general digestive enzymes are a good idea , let us know how it works for you.
What liquid egg whites are you partial too?

I've tried store brands before but I had gas from it. I'd always said I would try Lana's Egg Whites but never actually carried through with it. I'd met her before and she's really humble and personable.

DC recommended this in the early days for growing. 20g (obviously arbitrary) shake w every meal when growing. 5-7 meals a day and it sure made hitting 400-500g pro a day easier. Best I ever grew... Alas, those days are long gone.

I still do one whole raw egg (fresh and local) w 25g iso w 3 meals generally. I never drink a shake now w/o atleast one whole
What is your focus and purpose for adding the egg?

Did it when I was in my 20's-40's.
Now in my 50's my gut just can't tolerate it no matter what type of powder I use.
I say get your protein in however you can. Blend up a can of tuna with apple juice if you gotta.
Former member here suggested it. Not that bad actually. You almost have to disconnect your taste
buds to choke down the necessary macros over time. The eating every 2-3 hours I don't miss!

What is your focus and purpose for adding the egg?
Calories, fats... Makes it more of a whole food 'meal' in my mind. Eggs have always been great for me and whey alone digest to fast and gives me issues. Adding in the egg alleviates these issues and I've always loved raw eggs for growing.

Also, Rocky was my childhood hero... If they are good enough for him, they are good enough for me 😉

I usually take the shake 2 hours after the meal with mootopia milk…it’s higher protein milk and ultra filtered

Calories, fats... Makes it more of a whole food 'meal' in my mind. Eggs have always been great for me and whey alone digest to fast and gives me issues. Adding in the egg alleviates these issues and I've always loved raw eggs for growing.

Also, Rocky was my childhood hero... If they are good enough for him, they are good enough for me
I agree with your frame of mind. For years I'd consumed raw eggs without a single issue. In fact they digest much better than cooked eggs. As for cooked eggs the easiest to digest for myself are poached eggs, but I digress.

The only time I had regularly eated "farm" eggs is when I'd live in the Rainforest Canyon off Highway 1 near Big Sur CA. The owner just left the eggs in a large old fashioned mail box. You just grabbed what you wanted and left the payment behind. I should really put the effort in acquiring a steady source of farm fresh eggs.

I personally don't do well with protein powders and if I consume such with a meal my anecdotal experience is that the powder hinders overall digestion. I try and rely on PeptoPro which rightfully causes no digestion issues. To cut back on cost I use a half serving Whey CFM, now offered by TrueNutrition, and a half serving of PeptoPro.

I personally believe that whole eggs digest more efficiently than eggs whites.

Some studies signify that whole eggs provide better "performance gains" compared to egg whites. Perhaps because of the healthy cholesterol

In the following month when available funds allow I will purchase Lana's egg whites and cut out Whey from my diet and see how this alternative suites me. I will also increase my consumption of whole eggs for the specific benefits.

I appreciate trying new things as experimentation is one of the many things I value in regards to this lifestyle.

I agree with your frame of mind. For years I'd consumed raw eggs without a single issue. In fact they digest much better than cooked eggs. As for cooked eggs the easiest to digest for myself are poached eggs, but I digress.

The only time I had regularly eated "farm" eggs is when I'd live in the Rainforest Canyon off Highway 1 near Big Sur CA. The owner just left the eggs in a large old fashioned mail box. You just grabbed what you wanted and left the payment behind. I should really put the effort in acquiring a steady source of farm fresh eggs.

I personally don't do well with protein powders and if I consume such with a meal my anecdotal experience is that the powder hinders overall digestion. I try and rely on PeptoPro which rightfully causes no digestion issues. To cut back on cost I use a half serving Whey CFM, now offered by TrueNutrition, and a half serving of PeptoPro.
Now this is something I've never got a confirm answer on. Raw eggs give me absolutely zero indigestion, neither does raw fish (sushi) or raw beef (tartar), it all makes my belly feel great. But is this because it's just passing through me, or bc it absorbs just that readily? I know cooking eggs binds proteins which is why I buy pasteurized (mildly heated) eggs.

Anyone know the answer to raw protein sources vs cooked absorption rate?

Some studies signify that whole eggs provide better "performance gains" compared to egg whites. Perhaps because of the healthy cholesterol

In the following month when available funds allow I will purchase Lana's egg whites and cut out Whey from my diet and see how this alternative suites me. I will also increase my consumption of whole eggs for the specific benefits.

I appreciate trying new things as experimentation is one of the many things I value in regards to this lifestyle.
we come from evolutionary cavemen, our GI systems are not geared to eat beef jerky, mexican machaca, civil war hard tac, overly cooked meat etc, I can drink a gallon of liquid egg whites in a day but if i eat two cooked whole egggs im gassy and uncomfortable

On my off days I do one 50g Whey shake first thing when I wake up with my supps. On days I will do a second Whey shake after my workout. On both days I will also knock back two Premier 30g shakes throughout the day with/without meals (usually with). The Divine protein shake fellas.

I may as well mention an approach I sometimes use and I have done it tonight. I trained legs and post workout I took slin and had chicken with rice, goji berries and honey. Anyway I then basically do a giant synthepure shake of approx 120g protein and I will have about 1/3 (put in the fridge afterwards) then just have more carbs. I just had jasmine rice with mango. Then I will drink another 1/3 and then have another rice and fruit meal. Then I finish off the final 1/3 and pre bed I will have a fage yoghurt with blueberries, goji berries, cashews and walnuts. I use this approach when I don't feel like eating loads of meat or I may have meat as well and I just want to bump my protein intake for the rest of the day.

Ben Hartman gave me a tip through pm on intensemuscle probably 15-16 years ago about what he called “egg loading” which is just like what it sounds like. Essentially pushing as many whole eggs in a day as you could handle. At least one dozen. I ate 1-1.5 dozen eggs at least every day for probably 5 years. I used them instead of water in a huge ass shake that had 1 scoop protein, and 6 or so eggs blended up. I drank 2-3 of these a day along with my other food.....and I’m telling you there’s something about it that works. This was part of my diet when I reached an all time high bodyweight of 264 from a starting weight at 19 of 141.

I may as well mention an approach I sometimes use and I have done it tonight. I trained legs and post workout I took slin and had chicken with rice, goji berries and honey. Anyway I then basically do a giant synthepure shake of approx 120g protein and I will have about 1/3 (put in the fridge afterwards) then just have more carbs. I just had jasmine rice with mango. Then I will drink another 1/3 and then have another rice and fruit meal. Then I finish off the final 1/3 and pre bed I will have a fage yoghurt with blueberries, goji berries, cashews and walnuts. I use this approach when I don't feel like eating loads of meat or I may have meat as well and I just want to bump my protein intake for the rest of the day.
That sounds like what we used to call a 'clean carbs diet'. I do that sometimes, too. Used to a lot! But notice, no fats. You are keeping protein and clean carbs but not protein, carbs, -and- fats. That's where I start to smooth out right away. I do the synthepure also. It just mixes so clean. I also have some 7.5lb buckets of Isopure vanilla which is not as good. Meh, it was on sale. I try to do real food though, small meals, at least 40mg of protein each as much as I can which is usually. I love food. With even flat chicken or cardboard 90/10 patties, rice just a little effort that shit is delicious! 12:30AM and now I'm hungry again. Fucking Elvia.

we come from evolutionary cavemen, our GI systems are not geared to eat beef jerky, mexican machaca, civil war hard tac, overly cooked meat etc, I can drink a gallon of liquid egg whites in a day but if i eat two cooked whole egggs im gassy and uncomfortable
Fuckin' A!

On my off days I do one 50g Whey shake first thing when I wake up with my supps. On days I will do a second Whey shake after my workout. On both days I will also knock back two Premier 30g shakes throughout the day with/without meals (usually with). The Divine protein shake fellas.
Man, I'm glad that works for you. Talk to me in 10 years. That sounds like pure hell. No way.

Ben Hartman gave me a tip through pm on intensemuscle probably 15-16 years ago about what he called “egg loading” which is just like what it sounds like. Essentially pushing as many whole eggs in a day as you could handle. At least one dozen. I ate 1-1.5 dozen eggs at least every day for probably 5 years. I used them instead of water in a huge ass shake that had 1 scoop protein, and 6 or so eggs blended up. I drank 2-3 of these a day along with my other food.....and I’m telling you there’s something about it that works. This was part of my diet when I reached an all time high bodyweight of 264 from a starting weight at 19 of 141.
That's exactly, to the letter, what took me from 180lb at 18 to 240lbs at 25. I have the stretch marks to prove it. I would cuisinart 24 eggs every morning and drink it like water all day with a few scoops of vanilla WPI like a milkshake.

That sounds like what we used to call a 'clean carbs diet'. I do that sometimes, too. Used to a lot! But notice, no fats. You are keeping protein and clean carbs but not protein, carbs, -and- fats. That's where I start to smooth out right away. I do the synthepure also. It just mixes so clean. I also have some 7.5lb buckets of Isopure vanilla which is not as good. Meh, it was on sale. I try to do real food though, small meals, at least 40mg of protein each as much as I can which is usually. I love food. With even flat chicken or cardboard 90/10 patties, rice just a little effort that shit is delicious! 12:30AM and now I'm hungry again. Fucking Elvia.

I do similar but with fats as well it's just sometimes I prefer just having lot's of rice and fruit and I load up on fats pre bed. If I have a 1kg tub of cashew butter in (like a few weeks ago) I overdo it so no more giant tubs of that :eek: I buy this amazing houmous and I add that to most of my meat meals. So a lot of my meals are now meat, houmous, rice and fruit. Last night I cooked a whole chicken in the oven and added that to 2 meals so a lot of fat. I feel the same about synthepure. I have some 97% whey isolate from myprotein and it's crap. I added a little (25g or so) in a large glass of water the other day to top up a meal (like the OP posted in this thread) and put it in and it wouldn't mix at all and just stayed on the top. I had 5 protein shakers and gave 4 away then lost my last one so I am stuck to glasses or using a plastic bottle and funnel :eek:

That's exactly, to the letter, what took me from 180lb at 18 to 240lbs at 25. I have the stretch marks to prove it. I would cuisinart 24 eggs every morning and drink it like water all day with a few scoops of vanilla WPI like a milkshake.
Man my armpits are riddled with stretch marks. Some of them are so deep they tear internally occasionally and bleed under the skin

I do similar but with fats as well it's just sometimes I prefer just having lot's of rice and fruit and I load up on fats pre bed. If I have a 1kg tub of cashew butter in (like a few weeks ago) I overdo it so no more giant tubs of that :eek: I buy this amazing houmous and I add that to most of my meat meals. So a lot of my meals are now meat, houmous, rice and fruit. Last night I cooked a whole chicken in the oven and added that to 2 meals so a lot of fat. I feel the same about synthepure. I have some 97% whey isolate from myprotein and it's crap. I added a little (25g or so) in a large glass of water the other day to top up a meal (like the OP posted in this thread) and put it in and it wouldn't mix at all and just stayed on the top. I had 5 protein shakers and gave 4 away then lost my last one so I am stuck to glasses or using a plastic bottle and funnel :eek:
Is houmous the same as hummus? LOL! I've wasted so much on garbage protein powders over the years. Synthepure always works, in everything. Light on the belly. Tomorrow is my anything day. First thing, I'm eating a huge bowl of oats (oatmeal) with a heaping scoop of Synthepure. Then bacon and eggs with shredded wheat w almond milk. Then it's pizza time. I love Sundays! I got her a present so I'm covered on the Mothers Day front, too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131