over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketogenic diet?

Damn made some keto pancakes tonight.
Eggs, baking powder, cream cheese, almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract. Turned out pretty damn good especially with some Kerri gold butter and sugar free syrup.

Damn made some keto pancakes tonight.
Eggs, baking powder, cream cheese, almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract. Turned out pretty damn good especially with some Kerri gold butter and sugar free syrup.

You got a recipe? I got some leftover Almond flour from trying keto cheesecake and I don't know what else to do with the shit, honestly

This thread inspired me to go even lower carb, more towards keto territory, so I've started by MOSTLY getting rid of the some of the fruit that I eat 😬 This shit is gonna be tough 😂

I'll tell you what, though, in my experience, on a diet, nothing keeps me not only satisfied but strong and feeling great as good ole steak and eggs. Stay full, hard, veiny and looking good. Awesome tool in the toolbox when I wanna dig just a little deeper into body fat. Vince Gironda helped pioneer that one

Personally, I feel best at about 50-60% calories from fat

This thread inspired me to go even lower carb, more towards keto territory, so I've started by MOSTLY getting rid of the some of the fruit that I eat 😬 This shit is gonna be tough 😂

I'll tell you what, though, in my experience, on a diet, nothing keeps me not only satisfied but strong and feeling great as good ole steak and eggs. Stay full, hard, veiny and looking good. Awesome tool in the toolbox when I wanna dig just a little deeper into body fat. Vince Gironda helped pioneer that one

Personally, I feel best at about 50-60% calories from fat
Yea I just use fat as a lever, when I have more bodyfat then fat is a little lower, as I get leaner I actually raise fat up a little to help preserve muscle more, you can only burn so much fat in a day, when the fat stores get lower then the body will start tapping into protein or lean muscle tissue, yes you could just raise the protein but I find that silly just to have it used for energy when demands are great, thus I slightly raise my energy source (fat). As long as I'm in a calorie deficit then my body will continue to burn bodyfat.

Yea I just use fat as a lever, when I have more bodyfat then fat is a little lower, as I get leaner I actually raise fat up a little to help preserve muscle more, you can only burn so much fat in a day, when the fat stores get lower then the body will start tapping into protein or lean muscle tissue, yes you could just raise the protein but I find that silly just to have it used for energy when demands are great, thus I slightly raise my energy source (fat). As long as I'm in a calorie deficit then my body will continue to burn bodyfat.
B-boy, you might've answered this on here before brother but were you always a very low carb keto guy or is this something that you just found an affinity for in the last couple years? What diets did coaches throw you on? It sounds like keto is a personal preference to you now AND your body just handles it very well.

I'm on much more of a carb driven diet right now and i just don't "enjoy" it as much as higher fat stuff.

I used to be stubborn in that regard. Even though I obviously know that fat and keto itself is protein sparing, I'd be paranoid about my protein intake and try to keep it higher than really necessary. Learned my lesson on that, there's only so much you can increase protein and only so much benefit you'll get...increase fats first. At some point, extra protein is simply processed as glycogen, anyway

B-boy, you might've answered this on here before brother but were you always a very low carb keto guy or is this something that you just found an affinity for in the last couple years? What diets did coaches throw you on? It sounds like keto is a personal preference to you now AND your body just handles it very well.

I'm on much more of a carb driven diet right now and i just don't "enjoy" it as much as higher fat stuff.
SPOT ON^^

yes keto is something I have just fell in love with the last few years. Coaches and myself have always used a carb cycling approach in the past. The main reason keto really stuck with me is that it just eliminated all my cravings, and I fucking love fat! They always say the best diet for you is THE ONE YOU CAN STICK WITH! If the diet your using, you can't see yourself eating like that for the rest of your life then that diet is not for you. I could EASILY eat a ketogenic diet for the rest of my life.

FAT PUMP!

in the gym now working chest and triceps 20210510_100611.jpg

Crazy pump today, it kills me when people talk about getting no pumps on keto, sure if I had fats low and protein high similar to a psmf then I wouldn't get a pump either but yes fat burning would be its highest, that why you have to balance out what goal your after, my body fat isn't that high (probably 9%) so I'm not trying to scorch that last stubborn fat, so I have my fats pretty high right now to get some good training in.

Shit, you look balance to stay in off season, very ripped and pumped

SPOT ON^^

yes keto is something I have just fell in love with the last few years. Coaches and myself have always used a carb cycling approach in the past. The main reason keto really stuck with me is that it just eliminated all my cravings, and I fucking love fat! They always say the best diet for you is THE ONE YOU CAN STICK WITH! If the diet your using, you can't see yourself eating like that for the rest of your life then that diet is not for you. I could EASILY eat a ketogenic diet for the rest of my life.

A cutting diet is unsustainable for my physical health, so is any diet with carbos (for my mental health and emotional balance) that constantly raise my appetite, it is not at all comfortable to fight against anxiety, either due to lack of food or due to have addictive food in the diet.

On my regular high fat diet I have an appetite but I feel full.

Bboy looking incredible.

going to try carbs again today post workout and see how I feel/look and keep you guys updated.

A cutting diet is unsustainable for my physical health, so is any diet with carbos (for my mental health and emotional balance) that constantly raise my appetite, it is not at all comfortable to fight against anxiety, either due to lack of food or due to have addictive food in the diet.

On my regular high fat diet I have an appetite but I feel full.

I'm the same, a higher fat, lower carb approach (lower caffeine, too; dropped it again, temporarily) keeps my mood far more stable. And my crazy ass brain needs as much leverage as it can get

Love this thread. I’m not in ketosis, but my body runs like a goddamn machine on fat/protein. If I introduce carbs too much I turn into a puffer fish.

heck, my wife just brought home some drive through queso and I’m eating it with quest protein chips 😂.

if y’all miss the “crunch” of some good crisps, I suggest quest protein chips and biltong meat crisps. I keep multiple cases of both on hand. Heck, my 9 year old prefers them to Doritos.

Love this thread. I’m not in ketosis, but my body runs like a goddamn machine on fat/protein. If I introduce carbs too much I turn into a puffer fish.

heck, my wife just brought home some drive through queso and I’m eating it with quest protein chips 😂.

if y’all miss the “crunch” of some good crisps, I suggest quest protein chips and biltong meat crisps. I keep multiple cases of both on hand. Heck, my 9 year old prefers them to Doritos.

If you miss crunch, try your hand at crisping up your favorite cheese as little bites

Easy to get carried away with those fuckers, so be careful lol

Whatcha suggest, pan frying in a skillet or something?

Oven is probably best for, you know, quantity... Lol

I imagine pan frying can give its own character, for sure. Oven is just convenient

Partially burnt parm, fuckin hell

Oven is probably best for, you know, quantity... Lol

I imagine pan frying can give its own character, for sure. Oven is just convenient

Partially burnt parm, fuckin hell
Well I half a half chub now from picturing a arguably burnt parm crisps and now my wife is wondering why I’m drooling staring at my phone, thanks 😂

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws